Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What about calling him "Green Falcon"?
    (And if that worked, the next step would be to develop a Rainbow Falcons corps with guys like Red Falcon, Orange Falcon, Yellow Falcon, and Indigo Falcon.)
    I mean, with that naming scheme, than Sam would already be Red Falcon, right?

The Kestrel?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I mean, with that naming scheme, than Sam would already be Red Falcon, right?
    Well, he could be either Red Falcon or Black Falcon.
    His new costume is more blue than anything else, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Kestrel?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What about calling him "Green Falcon"?
    (And if that worked, the next step would be to develop a Rainbow Falcons corps with guys like Red Falcon, Orange Falcon, Yellow Falcon, and Indigo Falcon.)
    There are different types of falcon:

Peregrine (since he's dead, I think)
    Gyrfalcon
    Saker
    Amur
    Aplomado
    Redfoot
    Shaheen
    Bat Falcon
    Taita
    Laggar
    Caracaras

Interestingly enough, falcons kill with their beaks, not their feet. Given his fighting style, maybe we shouldn't bother calling him by a falconiforme name at all?

Peregrine isn't dead. Was in U.S.Avengers recently as part of the Champions of Europe team.

What, you mean Sam's Captain America costume? His new one is black and red with a gold beak on his visor.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-01-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What, you mean Sam's Captain America costume? His new one is black and red with a gold beak on his visor.
    Looked blue to me.

That's just the light shining on him. It's black.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's just the light shining on him. It's black.
    So, he's a KMart bluelight special?

well good luck to this character. hopefully he won't get killed.

BANNED

I wonder what is the fate of this character considering he isn't in the new Falcon series.

Incredible Member

Falcon's new series will be the ONLY Marvel title on my pull list. I'm hoping it's good enough to stay on.

Wrong thread, Bret. This is Joaquin's thread, not Sam's.

Hmm, seems there was no mention of Joaquin in Falcon #1, and it looks that the new Patriot Shaun has basically taken his place. Its a shame. That said, I did tweet the writer Rodney Barnes‏ and asked him if we will see the Old-New Falcon again and he replied "It’s possible..." so there is hope we may see him again, or at least find out whats happened to him post-SE!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Hmm, seems there was no mention of Joaquin in Falcon #1, and it looks that the new Patriot Shaun has basically taken his place. Its a shame. That said, I did tweet the writer Rodney Barnes‏ and asked him if we will see the Old-New Falcon again and he replied "It’s possible..." so there is hope we may see him again, or at least find out whats happened to him post-SE!
    I really enjoyed this first issue of Falcon, but the sheer lack of Joaquin throughout it really kept gnawing at me as I was reading it.

Maybe I missed the Secret Empire or Legacy issue where RayShaun was inducted as Sam's mentee, but this issue starts with Shaun seemingly having been under Sam's tutelage for some time now, and though a "control" was made mention and Misty was name-dropped, the issue made it look like Shaun had been there all the time and Joaquin never existed.

That last bit irked me, to be honest, and I noticed a few things I wouldn't have thought twice about otherwise. Namely such as how much Joaquin was slow-churned into the previous run and how it took him about 5 issues just to get some action, whereas Shaun got to show his stuff half-way into #1. Or how Sam's quite a bit more receptive towards Shaun and his ideas and feelings and much quicker to show him appreciation, when he tended to keep Joaquin at arm's length, coming off as stand-offish towards him (Joaquin could barely convince Sam worth nothing, and tended to butt heads after a fashion because of it, and he all but had to drag Sam, and Rage, too, kicking and screaming for that wrestling match; by comparison, think of how easy Shaun got Sam to go see that Patriots band). Joaquin not being the one to go speak with the Spanish Kings also ended up feeling like a missed opportunity.

The only real "conspiracy" is that the powers that be are pushing Sam as "the one, true Falcon", and are stepping on Joaquin's toes in the process by pretending he doesn't exist to "avoid confusion", and this is affecting an otherwise awesome story right at its outset. I'm glad you asked, Valamist, and I'm glad that Joaquin has a chance of showing up, but I'd hope it'd be on a permanent basis once he did and once the initial "Sam = Falcon" hype has passed enough. As it stands, until Joaquin is at least mentioned, Shaun, an otherwise cool character in his own right so far, is going to unknowingly live with the stigma of being "Joaquin's better successor". It won't be nearly to the same degree, but Shaun might end up being a "Tim Drake" succeeding Sam's previous "Jason Todd", with a dangerous potential for at least some of Jason's victim blaming thrown (I hope not ).

Shaun became Sam's sidekick in Captain America Sam Wilson #24.