Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shaun became Sam's sidekick in Captain America Sam Wilson #24.
    Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

I never did read #24 (not yet, at least). Was Joaquin in that issue at all?

No. It was set during Secret Empire, so Joaquin appeared in Champions #11 instead.

And speaking of that... issue 16's cover. Is he joining them full time?

Hopefully there's a joke about the awkwardness of Sam getting a new sidekick and just kicking his previous one to the curb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And speaking of that... issue 16's cover. Is he joining them full time?
    Nova sure is squished over there. Almost funny it's by Patriot. Doing a whole lotta displacing, it seems.

Anyway, hope he does a find a permanent home. It's sucks that he's been essentially kicked out from under Sam Wilson's wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hopefully there's a joke about the awkwardness of Sam getting a new sidekick and just kicking his previous one to the curb.
    Some form of acknowledgement on the situation would be appreciated on my end, at least.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    For sure. FALCON JR barely did anything then they made a new Paitriot who h is unneeded since he already had one..sigh
    X-Men Forever

One of the tweets published in today's issue of Champions said that (in light of what happened in #11) Joaquin should join. Will that person get their wish?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    For sure. FALCON JR barely did anything then they made a new Paitriot who h is unneeded since he already had one..sigh
    Keep in mind that Marvel, in fact, done not already have a Patriot. That was why RayShaun was created in the first place. Eli (and Isaiah/Josiah) are all barred from Marvel due to legal reasons, so right now, RayShaun is the Patriot, that is, he's the only one.

Who is the one between Ray and Gwen?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Who is the one between Ray and Gwen?
    A heroine named Red Locust.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Keep in mind that Marvel, in fact, done not already have a Patriot. That was why RayShaun was created in the first place. Eli (and Isaiah/Josiah) are all barred from Marvel due to legal reasons, so right now, RayShaun is the Patriot, that is, he's the only one.
    Oh I did not know there's legal reasons he can't be used.

Link source? I'm curious
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 10-18-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    A heroine named Red Locust.
    I've never heard of her. Where is she from and is she modeled after any other hero like the others.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

New character. Debuted in Champions #9, which is so far her only appearance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Oh I did not know there's legal reasons he can't be used.

Link source? I'm curious
    I admitted do not have one. I know this, though, from more knowledgeable posters here.

What I do know is that he was to be used in the most recent Young Avengers book, but couldn't because, supposedly, another writer had "dibs" at the time. Thing is, that other writer never used Eli, and he stayed stuck in limbo since. It likely came out about the legal snaffu some time after.

I know it's not much, but perhaps consider creating a thread asking that question. As I said, there are more knowledgeable posters who'd likely know where to find a link that details the info when it first came to light.

Regardless, Eli is off the table, and the Patriot name was just sitting there rotting. Ergo, RayShaun was created to fill in the void and make use of still useful but currently unused identity.

EDIT: It's also why Josiah X isn't available for use.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I've never heard of her. Where is she from and is she modeled after any other hero like the others.
    What Digifriend said.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-18-2017 at 10:09 PM.

What's going on with the "new" Falcon now that Sam has returned to the title?