Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default MARY MARVEL appreciation thread

I didn't see one! And to me, "Mary Shazam" is far worse than giving Billy the wizard's name.

Anyway, Bombshells Mary Marvel appeared in my Tumblr feed:

bombshells mary marvel.jpg

Miri Marvel! She has an entirely Old Testament-based pantheon in the Bombshellsverse. I love the magical girl-esque costume here, she even has a wand. Come to think of it Mary was the original magical girl...

BANNED

Great thread!!

I did a DC Women appreciation thread and was surprised when I found out Mary didn't have her own individual thread like some of the other ladies do. Glad you started one!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Yeah glad u did I like Mary marvel as well and would either buy an ongoing or a team book with her in it if it was done right

She'll always be Mary Marvel to me. It's a dated name in modern times but Shazam Girl or Mary Shazam are just plain ridiculous. Hope she sees a comeback soon in the DCU "proper"--preferably on her own world with Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. IMO they work best on an Earth without a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.

BANNED

I love the Marvel Family and i always thought Mary Marvel is so adorable...(except Final Crisis...wow... whatever happend to her like that in FC... lol) i kind of dig Black Mary Marvel in the count down too... she was cool in all black costume. (the only bad good thing in the count down)

BANNED

Just a note to the Bombshell version... her power is really odd, because she didn't actually have any before she caught a spark of power from Raven that gave her a wish.
    I'll agree she is the 'Magic Girl' of the chapter since she just shows up and fixed both the mindcontrolled Raven (stomping around the Berlin ghetto as a 40ft demon) and the depowered Zatanna before taking everyone away to safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I love the Marvel Family and i always thought Mary Marvel is so adorable...(except Final Crisis...wow... whatever happend to her like that in FC... lol) i kind of dig Black Mary Marvel in the count down too... she was cool in all black costume. (the only bad good thing in the count down)
    Thought the Black Mary Marvel and that thing with Eclipso and Darkseid was ghastly to be honest... not just with the implication that she should have married Darkseid, but the whole thing about the power lost and what she would do to get it back... and that thing about Eclipso all of a sudden being a New God creation. Costume looks good though... but at the time it just seemed like a new addition to the mostly dead Black Adam family.

FC I sort of get, terrible yes, but I wouldn't think it would happen anyway else if Desaad decided to live in them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Thought the Black Mary Marvel and that thing with Eclipso and Darkseid was ghastly to be honest... not just with the implication that she should have married Darkseid, but the whole thing about the power lost and what she would do to get it back... and that thing about Eclipso all of a sudden being a New God creation. Costume looks good though... but at the time it just seemed like a new addition to the mostly dead Black Adam family.

FC I sort of get, terrible yes, but I wouldn't think it would happen anyway else if Desaad decided to live in them.
    I was just talking about the looks of her in Count down... The rest was bad, i agree.

Desaad... that creepy new god... He's being in someone as innocent as Mary Marvel is really sickening and weird and kind of funny... lol

Love her and it feels like forever since:

image.jpg

BANNED

Mary Marvel Tribute

She is the twin sister of Earth's mightiest mortal, the heroic CAPTAIN MARVEL! By uttering the name of the wizard Shazam, she is granted the power of the greatest Olympian Gods becoming MARY MARVEL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    She'll always be Mary Marvel to me. It's a dated name in modern times but Shazam Girl or Mary Shazam are just plain ridiculous. Hope she sees a comeback soon in the DCU "proper"--preferably on her own world with Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. IMO they work best on an Earth without a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.

I agree. Put the Shazam family on their own earth. Dc has established that all these earths exist. I would also like to see the original Freedom Figthers on Earth X too! (And of course the JSA & All- STar Squadron)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    I agree. Put the Shazam family on their own earth. Dc has established that all these earths exist. I would also like to see the original Freedom Figthers on Earth X too! (And of course the JSA & All- STar Squadron)
    That would be great!

i was hopeful Johns would do something with Mary and the Marvel Family but its like he kinda forgot about everyone except Billy. hopefully we get some kinda Shazam/Marvel Family book soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i was hopeful Johns would do something with Mary and the Marvel Family but its like he kinda forgot about everyone except Billy. hopefully we get some kinda Shazam/Marvel Family book soon.
    Well, it's looking likely we'll be getting one for Phase 2 of Rebirth (fingers crossed) .

Amazing Member

Always had a thing for pre-flashpoint Mary Marvel in Shazam form. Shame on me :S