Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Surprising, but good, news. This pitch sounds better to me than Hellfire, but that doesn't preclude the club from showing up in some form on the show. I'm also for the inclusion of movieverse characters like Jubilee and the like.

Have to hear more to say more, but, yeah, good news.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Spectacular Member

MCU? X-Men universe? Entirely new universe?

Mighty Member

Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg are involved? Not a very promising start.

As long as it's not in continuity with the FauX-Men (get it, faux aka fake aka fox, ), I'll check it out.

Incredible Member

to quote Bendis "Is this a thing? This is really a thing?"

This basically sounds like a Morlock TV show.

I do have to wonder what this kind of closer collaboration between Marvel and Fox will lead to, especially in regards to the FF and X-Men.

Fantastic Member

People missing the big point. If paired with Gotham, we have a DC/Marvel night

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    They may want to use them in the movies and they haven't establish the characters yet.
    All of those characters I mentioned have already been in the movies. Though yes, if this is in the Fox X-Men Movie Universe I imagine they would be a little selective about any new characters.

The premise I would love is a new team of X-Men with Kelsey Grammer returning to play Beast as their 'Professor X' (and able to have a human form like his younger counterpart so we don't always need him to be blue and furry). And Jubilee in the team as well.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do have to wonder what this kind of closer collaboration between Marvel and Fox will lead to, especially in regards to the FF and X-Men.
    I do think there have been agreements made between Fox and Marvel which they're not quite willing to share yet, but I suspect it means that the FF rights might be returned in a similar way to Spider-Man with Sony for Marvel, and then with the X-Men they likely will retain the separate universe but work together on some TV projects, and possibly work towards a crossover movie like AVX.

Watch Marvel intentionally run the series into the ground. Much like they do with the X-Men in their comics.

Amazing Member

Matt Nix is a pretty good writer and showrunner. That definitely makes more than a little optimistic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    This has to mean something about Fox and Marvel films as well right? At least I can hope?
    Didn't Marvel TV and Marvel Film split? Could be the TV deciding that if they don't have access to all the film stuff, they will work with FOX on TV.

Mighty Member

TBH, though, I don't think this means anything more than what it is. Marvel gets to play in the X-Men sandbox. FOX gets an X-Men TV show.

As for the FF, I mean after the disaster of a reboot that Fant4stic was I can't see a sequel happening. I also can't see a third reboot unless Marvel is involved. So TV deal or no deal FOX seems to me to have 2 options with FF: 1) Work with Marvel or 2) Sit on the IP until the rights revert to Marvel. In other words it's not a matter of if but a matter of when we see a Marvel FF project. And if FOX chooses option 1), I would imagine FOX would push for the deal sooner rather than later as they would have more negotiating leverage the further a potential deal is from the time the FF IP reverts to Marvel. Watch this happen a week after/if Spider-Man: Homecoming hits $1 billion...

As far as the X-Men go? They're one of FOX's biggest cash cows. No way are they giving up the IP rights. And Avengers crossing over with the X-Men? Considering what a tight show Kevin Feige runs and what a mess of a franchise the X-Men have become, I would be surprised to see that happening.

But that's just my mindless speculation. Watch FOX greenlit an FF sequel for 2018, lol
    Last edited by solletaire; 07-12-2016 at 02:20 PM.

All-New Member

Can we get Michael Weston and Sam Axe helping them? Because that would be awesome...

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Marvel and Fox actually co-producing a show together? That's undeniably a big deal and could blossom into a cinematic olive branch!

This isn't like the Legion, or previous Hellfire Club, news. Marvel Studio's television division will have a direct hand in working on this. That's insane!! Color me excited!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    This has to mean something about Fox and Marvel films as well right? At least I can hope?
    Not quite.

Marvel Studios TV and film divisions are functionally separate. It's why you really don't see much overlap between the two.