Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How would you cast Jim Parsons in the DCEU?

Like the title says, if you were casting Jim Parsons in a DC movie which character would you have him play?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Like the title says, if you were casting Jim Parsons in a DC movie which character would you have him play?
    I could see him as Riddler

I can see him as the Riddler, too, but I'd go for Calculator, think he'd be perfect.

What does the E stand for in DCEU?

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    What does the E stand for in DCEU?

It's Extended

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I love the guy but he is becoming way over extended much like Samuel Jackson in my mind which is why I'm skipping Tarzan. Anything less than Joker or Luthor would be an insult to him and possibly Brainiac would be a great role that other actors haven't played to death. He also needs to get Harvey the stage play on screen which has nothing to do with DC but it is what I think.

Astonishing Member

But how would they handle Sheldon's increased mass on TBBT?

Also, Riddler could be fun, but I think Braniac as mentioned would be a good choice.

Astonishing Member

Marvin from Wendy & Marvin.

Riddler, for sure, he's the first guy I thought of when reading the OP.

Or maybe Professor Zoom would work, too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I would cast him as a mailbox. No lines.

Niffleheim

Voice of Mister Mxyzptlk

I'm a theatre director who had the pleasure of directing Jim in 16 plays in the 1990s before he went off to grad school. He is still one of my closest friends. I only bring that up to say that people that know Jim from BBT probably have no idea of his range as an actor. Jim is nothing like Sheldon and he can play just about anything. He especially shined in our productions of plays by such serious playwrights as Beckett, Brecht, Buchner, Ionesco, Genet, and Richard Foreman.

So I'm a Jim fan (and friend) and a DC fan and that's why I started this thread.

I've never tried to cash in on Jim's celebrity though he gives a lot to the theatre we started together, which I run still. I've been clear with him though that if he can make it into a DC movie I WILL be cashing in by asking him for a day on set. I'm selfishly motivated to see him in a JL or Batman film especially.

I think Jim would be an excellent Riddler and would bring something entirely new to the role. I also think he'd be a great Scarecrow. As for heroes, the most obvious would be Plastic Man but I can also see him rocking either the Ted Kord Blue Beetle or Booster Gold.

Please keep the replies coming. This game is fun for me.

I rather doubt DC will be adventurous enough to do anything big-screen with these characters but Jim would truly excel as Shade, The Changing Man (Milligan version for preference) or The Creeper.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'd like to see him as Scarecrow, Beetle or Booster now that you've brought him up. A shame that DC hasn't done bigger things with those characters yet. Realistically they'd probably go with a bigger name. Did Jim Shakespeare plays in his time? Personally I like to go to plays once in a while (1- 2 a year) but the trouble is finding someone to accomany me. Movie theatre works all the time but there's less interest in a real stage in my age group.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I'd like to see him as Scarecrow, Beetle or Booster now that you've brought him up. A shame that DC hasn't done bigger things with those characters yet. Realistically they'd probably go with a bigger name. Did Jim Shakespeare plays in his time? Personally I like to go to plays once in a while (1- 2 a year) but the trouble is finding someone to accomany me. Movie theatre works all the time but there's less interest in a real stage in my age group.
    Jim did a ton of Shakespeare. In Houston where my company is and in grad school at The Old Globe. His range is incredible. He really can do anything.