Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default A Classic Marvel Hero Dies By Another's Hand, As "Civil War II" Gets Complicated

Two heroes from Marvel's Silver Age clash, and only one survives -- but was it for a good reason?

Full article here.

This was so dumb and so obvious sadly. I mean the death happens and I have not had indication the character cousin was even in or mentioned in the issue. #Fail Marvel

Fantastic Member

Marvel really needs to ease back off the event train, stop letting Bendis have free reign over the Marvel U, and allow their series to actually breathe before restarting them.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-13-2016 at 03:23 AM. Reason: rude

Seriously... huh. Different but still feels wrong which should be expected given the type of event this is.

And while it isn't saying much it is probably one of the best event book Bendis has ever done for Marvel.

Niffleheim

Don't care this is so uneventful. Good thing there is extra gamma ppl around. (and we all know he's going to be back anyway). Next.

Erm, how could Clint see Banners eyes turn green if he shot him in the back?

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Clint now has Gamma vision. Banner gave it to him along with the Hulk-buster.

Mighty Member

I have to say, the whole plot behind why Hawkeye shoots the Hulk sounds really good considering we know Banner to be de-powered. Very interesting! I'm actually excited to read Civil War II now.

Normally I'll be irritated by another hero "dying", but since I'm pretty sure Odinson will go find Banner in the netherworlds circa Fall 2017 , I'm OK with this one ... although I still don't know why all the heroes in the Marvel Universe are shocked and upset when on of their own dies. I mean EVERYONE COMES BACK!!! It's equivalent to having the flu at this point.
    Last edited by solletaire; 07-12-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

This is why I gave up Marvel all together. Stupid.

Fantastic Member

Ugh, I hope this article isn't correct..

http://fansided.com/2016/07/12/marve...-civil-war-ii/

"Hawkeye was supposed to stop him with a special arrow. So when Bruce starts getting angry, Hawkeye shoots.

Only Bruce had developed a medication to keep the Hulk at bay and it had been working for the past year. "

Jeez Bendis, I've defended you so many times over the years and you get something as basic as this wrong.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post

Yeah, Bendis clearly didn't think this through. Also, Anti-Hulk arrow? The Hulk has survived being shot by adamantium bullets and Nukes ,but an arrow is what's going to kill him?

Banner would know better and the only possible way this worked is because Banner was still Hulk free.

Bendis clearly doesn'tknow jack about Hulks. Especially since he had She-Hulk get injured by a regular old missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Ugh, I hope this article isn't correct..

http://fansided.com/2016/07/12/marve...-civil-war-ii/

"Hawkeye was supposed to stop him with a special arrow. So when Bruce starts getting angry, Hawkeye shoots.

Only Bruce had developed a medication to keep the Hulk at bay and it had been working for the past year. "

Jeez Bendis, I've defended you so many times over the years and you get something as basic as this wrong.
    Plus Banner wouldn't need a special medication, Greg Pak's book made it clear Banner was completely cured.

I hate Bendis lack of respect for other writers.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-12-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Yeah, Bendis clearly didn't think this through. Also, Anti-Hulk arrow? The Hulk has survived being shot by adamantium bullets and Nukes ,but an arrow is what's going to kill him?

Banner would know better and the only possible way this worked is because Banner was still Hulk free.

Bendis clearly doesn'tknow jack about Hulks. Especially since he had She-Hulk get injured by a regular old missile.

Plus Banner wouldn't need a special medication, Greg Pak's book made it clear Banner was completely cured.

I hate Bendis lack of respect for other writers.
    Bendis likes to ignore history of characters showing they can survive worse. I mean she-hulk survived worse then a thanos busting missile and doesn't even get to be around (or even in the issue) when the stuff happens to Bruce. Thanks marvel. You FAIL so hard. Pretty obvious bendis didn't even like go pak "Hey is bruce 100% cured" Or even do you plan to have anyone know where he is.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 07-12-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

And a resounding 'meh' was heard across the world?

I'm sure Banner will enter a Superman-like death coma before his Gammaness heals him.

ALSO, wtf is an anti-hulk arrow? Like, that just looks like a pointy arrow dipped in green paint. And the Hulk has survived adamtium bullets, and those are bullets fired from guns! This is an ARROW. Lemme guess: Bendis created a new uber metal called ******antiunobatainium X. Why not have something that, I dunno, sprays Gamma-cancelling powder or something?

And if the anti-Hulk arrow IS just a pointy arrow... this kinda feels out of character for Clint, no? (I know, CLINT being written out of character by Bendis? Nooooo.... what a shocker) Wouldn't you get, I dunno, Bucky or Wolverine, or someone along those lines, who's always been willing to do this kind of dirty work to, do this? And, again, WITH A BULLET?
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 07-13-2016 at 01:03 AM. Reason: language
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Fantastic Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2708495

"But adding to the angst, the beleaguered scientist, who's played by Mark Ruffalo in the Marvel movies, had been successfully medicating himself to keep his anger management issues in check for a year."

Guess it's time for Bendis-Continuity and Everyone-Else-Continuity... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    And a resounding 'meh' was heard across the world?

I'm sure Banner will enter a Superman-like death coma before his Gammaness heals him. So yay, another shock death in a Bendis comic.
    He's already said he has plans for the corpse.

Looking forward to the poll on this issue CBR..
    Last edited by Cth; 07-12-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Siiiigh. . .