View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #17

6 33.33%
  • Descender #13

3 16.67%
  • Horizon #1

0 0%
  • Millarworld Annual 2016 #1

2 11.11%
  • Mirror #5 (of 5)

1 5.56%
  • Morning Glories #50

1 5.56%
  • The Violent #5

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #21

5 27.78%

Default Weekly Image poll #28 - Horizon starts & the first Millarworld Annual!

Welcome again to the weekly Image poll, let's chat about new comics and vote on the best ones around!

Last week's poll delivered the third tie of the year, a triple one even, since Revival #41, Tokyo Ghost #8 and Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #16 got equal votes! Think that might be Revival's first win ever, too. Long overdue!

This week sees many storylines ending: Mirror comes to a close entirely I think, The Violent wraps up its first arc, and Morning Glories returns at last for the #50 milestone which also serves as the end to season 2.

Not everything is ending though: recently announced at Image Expo, Horizon dawns upon us this week! This is a sci-fi, about a world that gets attacked and occupied by aliens... Aliens hailing from a foreign planet called Earth.

Also new this week is the first Millarworld Annual. This features all of Mark Millar's most successful characters being written and drawn by new talent. That includes Kick Ass and Chrononauts amongst others. Of special interest too because one of the stories is written by forum-regular Deniz Camp!

254143.jpg 254149_s0.jpg

Birthright, Horizon, Mirror, and The Wicked + The Divine for me this week.

Just Descender this week

Wicked + Divine #21 and Horizon #1. Horizon was interesting enough to get a second issue, but the pace needs to pick up a bit. Wic+Div is still a visual feast and I'm really looking forward to seeing the clash next issue, so it gets the vote.

Birthright got my vote this week.

WicDiv was also very good but I felt like Birthright had more substance to it this week.

Horizon was okay but it didn't really hook me like a #1 should.

Mirror is still beautiful jibberish.

Amazing Member

Just going to grab Birthright, Descender and probably Horizon this week. Not sure where my vote will land, but I am guessing it will go towards Birthright, so far its been solid almost every single issue.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

nothing? sigh...not one.
    Aether and Empire in the independent section, though... recommending that--. (Blue Juice comics)
    Last edited by matt levin; 07-17-2016 at 05:41 AM.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I voted for Descender but it was also the only thing I pull from Image that came out this week. Im so far behind on Descender as well and need to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Mirror is still beautiful jibberish.
    Yeah certainly agree. Gorgeous, and the fact that they switch around in artist and writer roles almost seamlessly is super impressive. However upon first reading it's almost dreamlike. Felt it came together a lot more cohesively when I re-read the entire mini series though, would recommend anyone else to do the same if they're still somewhat confused.