Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    am I the only one who found that add extremely sexist??
    why is Wonder Woman the one who becomes a killing monster the moment she's hungry?
    What, women don't cranky when they get hungry?

Leave it alone.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by darima80 View Post
    Looks like Ivan Reis to me.
    Yes, must be Reis, thanks.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    am I the only one who found that add extremely sexist??
    why is Wonder Woman the one who becomes a killing monster the moment she's hungry?
    Quote Originally Posted by TRS80 View Post
    He might as well say "You get really cranky when you're menstruating!" and Batman hands her a tampon. I know that's crude, but I got the impression that's what the ad is trying to tell me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    it is what I thought too, not a good way to do a ad. not eating snickers so soon after this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoldMoney74 View Post
    Menstruating amazon princess vs pubescent killer assassin ...... Hmmm ... its a toss up
    This is what is known as playing the victim. You get yourself all worked up over something that is neither referenced or implied just so you can complain about it. You really need thicker skin

First: Great art.
    Second: It's not a story. It's three panels. Essentially the length of a comic strip. It could have all been on one page.
    Third: It kinda cheapens the fact that Doomsday killed Superman by having him beaten by a candy bar. If only the Pre-Flashpoint DCU had Snickers!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    This is what is known as playing the victim. You get yourself all worked up over something that is neither referenced or implied just so you can complain about it. You really need thicker skin
    Completely agree. Anyway the fact Batman implies something similar or worse happens to Robin who is a MALE. Proves there is no sexism or hidden agenda. Though were at the point where people are mad that the WW film has male writers so it's to be expected I guess.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Or a snickers.

The fact that the slogan has been "you're not you when your hungry" I don't get how any gender insult is gotten out of that. Honestly hoping the user who posted the Feminazi stuff was joking.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Second: It's not a story. It's three panels. Essentially the length of a comic strip. It could have all been on one page.
    Third: It kinda cheapens the fact that Doomsday killed Superman by having him beaten by a candy bar. If only the Pre-Flashpoint DCU had Snickers!
    Yes, one three panel advert is definitely going to completely overshadow and ruin one of the best known comic storylines ever. DEFINITELY.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Nice Avatar, Jay Garrick and Hawkman holding up the DC logo! Is there a link to a bigger art?
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

That settles it. I am going to go buy a Snickers.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Don't tell me this is a successor to all those Hostess ads from the 70s?
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Those ads were the best.
    I loved those ads!

Hostess Ads and Schoolhouse Rock! Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    The fact this ad was placed in a comic where Superman is actually fighting Doomsday in the main story is flat out hillarious.
    And actually sold that issue of Action Comics today. I saw that ad and could not resist. Marketing team success, I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Don't tell me this is a successor to all those Hostess ads from the 70s?
    I thought the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    Yes, one three panel advert is definitely going to completely overshadow and ruin one of the best known comic storylines ever. DEFINITELY.
    You do know what a joke is right?

Incredible Member

Came here for the culture war comments. Was not disappointed. Would it have been better if she were The Joker?

First saw this ad in this weeks Action, totally threw me for a second.