Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Debuts "Black Panther" Art From New Artist Chris Sprouse

The award-winning artist will take over art duties on Ta-Nehisi Coates' "Black Panther" run this August.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

I don't know why I was a little leary about the art change, but I was.

This looks really nice.

Crisis averted.

Excelsior!

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Nice artwork, but I'm dropping this book. The first two issues have been really boring.

BANNED

...Sigh, T'Challa still getting punked by average goons...

This looks pretty good, not quite as good as Stelfreeze's art, but clean with some nice lines.

I like the art but do we have to keep seeing T’Challa beating down both emotionally and physically in this series? I like characters to be challenged but to be inspirational they have to overcome their trials or at least handled their losses. Aren’t superheroes supposed to be inspirational? Over the years I have been inspired by T’Challa to try to face my own challenges with his intelligence and dignity. There is nothing inspirational about the T’Challa in this series. I was really looking forward to this series but I now find myself disappointed. I hope that will change as the series continues.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I like the art but do we have to keep seeing T’Challa beating down both emotionally and physically in this series? I like characters to be challenged but to be inspirational they have to overcome their trials or at least handled their losses. Aren’t superheroes supposed to be inspirational? Over the years I have been inspired by T’Challa to try to face my own challenges with his intelligence and dignity. There is nothing inspirational about the T’Challa in this series. I was really looking forward to this series but I now find myself disappointed. I hope that will change as the series continues.
    That's how stories work. You beat the hero down and then they stand back up. Do you really think this will just be 12 issues of BP getting the crap beaten out of him and then the story would just end?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leach View Post
    This looks pretty good, not quite as good as Stelfreeze's art, but clean with some nice lines.
    Yeah it's not as good for sure.

Good art, similar style to Stelfreeze. Perfectly fine with this.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    That's how stories work. You beat the hero down and then they stand back up. Do you really think this will just be 12 issues of BP getting the crap beaten out of him and then the story would just end?
    Thanks for engaging by being facetious. This tale is not your typical good guy gets beat down and comes back triumphantly. This story seems to be a dreary intellectual exercise about the dangers of being ruled by royalty. It does not embrace the mythology and symbolism of the Black Panther character. T’Challa’s failures are not a classical story of good guy versus bad guys since T’Challa’s adversaries are not bad guys. This could make for an interesting story but so far it isn’t.

BP forgot to use the arm bar!

Dont let these goons punch you?

The series is good so far. Needs a bit more Marvelly style, though. Like maybe Deadpool?

Jk lol

Sorry, but have I read another story?
    I love the struggle, the torment T'Challa goes through, not just losing his sister but also his country.
    The current arc shows nicely that the world is not black and white, and no, you can't just beat an enemy like the lost faith of your countrymen back in.

Art is lovely, Chris Sprouse is not one who disappoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    ...Sigh, T'Challa still getting punked by average goons...
    If he's removing his mask I'm assuming he's allowing those guys to hit him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If he's removing his mask I'm assuming he's allowing those guys to hit him.
    I took it as him trying to talk to them, and they sucker-punching him. We'll see when the preview/issue hits I guess...

The samples with color are great. Liking the artwork.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?