Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Pennywise the Clown Revealed in Creepy First Image from "Stephen King's It"

The first image of Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise in the film adaptation of King's classic novel proves that clowns are still scary.

Full article here.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-13-2016 at 10:25 AM.

So from what I'm hearing, they moved the dates so the children events take place in the eighties, and the adult portions take place at the time of the movies release.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Wonder if the movie will do the pre-teen sewer gangbang scene from the book or not? I still wonder what King was snorting or smoking back in the day that made him think that scene was even remotely acceptable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Wonder if the movie will do the pre-teen sewer gangbang scene from the book or not? I still wonder what King was snorting or smoking back in the day that made him think that scene was even remotely acceptable.
    Given its in the book, it sure doesn't seem unacceptable.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Given its in the book, it sure doesn't seem unacceptable.
    Do you feel that a bunch of 11 year olds having a gangbang was an acceptable scene Simbob? If so, why? I'm completely sure that King could have figured out a non sexual way for the kids to bond and escape the sewer.

I think that the editors were on crack for allowing that scene and I was uncomfortable reading it as I think most people would be when suddenly presented with a scene of child sex. It might be the creepiest, most WTF thing King has ever writtten.

I doubt this movie will touch that with a 10 foot pole.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 07-14-2016 at 04:38 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

There's a scene in The Shining, a bathtub scene, that I know we'll never see in the films. I always liked King's extreme freewheeling subversive rated Rness. That was part of his appeal.

Much as I love the Misery adaptation with K.Bates...not book great due partially to scenes like the lawnmower scene being omitted.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-14-2016 at 08:26 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Do you feel that a bunch of 11 year olds having a gangbang was an acceptable scene Simbob? If so, why? I'm completely sure that King could have figured out a non sexual way for the kids to bond and escape the sewer.

I think that the editors were on crack for allowing that scene and I was uncomfortable reading it as I think most people would be when suddenly presented with a scene of child sex. It might be the creepiest, most WTF thing King has ever writtten.

I doubt this movie will touch that with a 10 foot pole.
    I think it's acceptable in that it's a scene in the book. Clearly the people putting the book out didn't find it unacceptable...a book you could find in places like Walmart in a time they were pretty weird about the things they cared.

Honestly, I doubt it. The source material is 1000+ pages, and even over two movies, some things will have to be left out. Its a pretty safe bet that will be one of them.
    Life is but a dream

Fantastic Member

No kidding. I remember reading that and then having to read it again to make sure I hadn't read it wrong. I suppose, looking back on it now, it was an attempt to escape the childhood monster by becoming grown ups. It would have made more sense if the kids had discussed sex as a gateway to adulthood in the book, but they didn't. It was weird.

Incredible Member

I consider IT to be Kings best novel(though I haven't read The Stand, but I have read about the ending), great from start to finish. So I hold this film up to a high standard.

Spoiler for those not completely familiar with the book.

Wonder if they'll reveal the Spider in the first part, or work their way around it like in the original movie? Seems important if they are going to do the ritual of Chud. Makes sense if they do that an reveal the Spider, so they can do that little small tactical victory that hurts It the first time. Thus they can hit the notes of the Turtle being dead, and Bill missing the connection the second time as an Adult.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 07-16-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    I consider IT to be Kings best novel(though I haven't read The Stand, but I have read about the ending), great from start to finish. So I hold this film up to a high standard.

Spoiler for those not completely familiar with the book.

Wonder if they'll reveal the Spider in the first part, or work their way around it like in the original movie? Seems important if they are going to do the ritual of Chud. Makes sense if they do that an reveal the Spider, so they can do that little small tactical victory that hurts It the first time. Thus they can hit the notes of the Turtle being dead, and Bill missing the connection the second time as an Adult.
    I have no idea how they will do it. But I would end the first movie with their encounter with IT in the haunted house. That house alone will make for a stunning and frightening final act. Then I would build up to the encounter with the Spider IT in the second movie, and cut between the child and adult confrontation like the book did.
    Life is but a dream