Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I really hate what they've done to Adam Strange. His costume looks terrible and making Alanna human messes up a big part of his mythology. Though the preview kind of makes it sound like they're making Alanna from Rann once again.
    Lemire made her a Canadian student of Adam Strange with two falling in love with one another. Parker then had her being the daughter of Sardath who was studying humans but got taken back to Rann forcing him to leave his human wife and half human daughter behind. Alanna was not aware of her parentage till then.

But I agree. I think it works better that Alanna is from Rann. Something John Carter about it. Two people from different races falling in love and all. Sounds better to me. Just my opinion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Jeff Parker retconned/added to the crappy rebooted Adam Strange that Lemire did. He made some lemonade with those lemons, as he usually does.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Who is Hawkman these days? The New 52 comic looked horrible, so I didn't bother. The Hawkman that appeared in Johns's JLofA didn't really distinguish himself beyond being a "Wolverine" type.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Who is Hawkman these days? The New 52 comic looked horrible, so I didn't bother. The Hawkman that appeared in Johns's JLofA didn't really distinguish himself beyond being a "Wolverine" type.
    Geoff merged all the Hawkmen concepts into one when he was writing it, didn't he? Maybe they should try to do that again.

But wait, isn't the Golden Age Hawkman coming to this era with the JSA?

Something that looks appealing about this concept is that there's no great disparity between the two characters' abilities. That's important and it tends to be not considered.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Lemire made her a Canadian student of Adam Strange with two falling in love with one another. Parker then had her being the daughter of Sardath who was studying humans but got taken back to Rann forcing him to leave his human wife and half human daughter behind. Alanna was not aware of her parentage till then.

But I agree. I think it works better that Alanna is from Rann. Something John Carter about it. Two people from different races falling in love and all. Sounds better to me. Just my opinion though.
    My take on this is the John Carter angle is the way to go here. Been waiting for this for awhile . I agree with others that the Thanagarian cop angle fits this team up better and would have been a better fit on the TV show Legends rather than shoehorning in the convuluted Egyptian storyline. I love the Egyptian angle as well but it was clumsy as it was portrayed on the show. John Carter is what Fox lifted for the character anyway if I have the correct writer.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I really hate what they've done to Adam Strange. His costume looks terrible and making Alanna human messes up a big part of his mythology. Though the preview kind of makes it sound like they're making Alanna from Rann once again.
    Hope to God this isn't the look they are going for. It looks like cheesed out Saturday Morning Animé.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Dc should probably try forming its own Guardians of the Galaxy.
    You should get a Nobel for this post. YES! I'd rather DC go straight to TV or movies with this. It would be wasted on comic fans. None of them would buy it as a comic. Just for laughs throw in Congorilla. I don't know why I just like the character.