Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Civil War II: The Fallen," "The Accused" Covers, Creative Teams Unveiled

Marvel has declassified the info for August's "The Fallen" and "The Accused" one-shots in light of "Civil War II" #3's major death.

Full article here.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Isn't Daredevil the Accuser?
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Sounds like She Hulk recovers in time for her cousin's funeral then, at least that's good news. Anyway these two one-shots sound good, though the Greg Pak one sounds more interesting to me with Bruce. Not exactly sure what connection they're going to have with the Accused to tie it back to the first Civil War. Marvel really seems to have ignored the fact that Secret Wars happened and supposedly changed the universe when every 616 thingie still happened.

Pak getting to write Banner's send-off issue and dealing with the Hulk family's reactions to Bruce's death is good, and will probably try its best to make something meaningful out of what Bendis did.

I think it's pretty safe to say Hawkeye will get off on killing Banner, so I'm not really enthused about reading that, and Guggenheim penning it doesn't do anything for me.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Hawkeye is clearly going to let off, but probably will enjoy the same fun Tony had after CW1 and Norman Osborn during Dark Reign where every writer will want to have their character come and try to punch his lights in.

She Hulk and Kate Bishop will probably be first.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Hawkeye is clearly going to let off, but probably will enjoy the same fun Tony had after CW1 and Norman Osborn during Dark Reign where every writer will want to have their character come and try to punch his lights in.

She Hulk and Kate Bishop will probably be first.
    Yeah, I mean, we're probably going to see Cho's reaction to what happened pretty immediately, but there are a lot of other characters who's reactions to what Clint did I want to see.

Especially once it comes out that Banner couldn't become The Hulk anymore by the time Clint killed him.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

She Hulk vs Daredevil in court?

Fantastic Member

Umm..

Hawkeye hires Daredevil as his... prosecutor?!

I mean, I know it's Bendis Continuity, but DD's a defense attorney.. but if Hawkeye feels THAT bad he hires someone to take him to court :P

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Sounds like She Hulk recovers in time for her cousin's funeral then, at least that's good news. Anyway these two one-shots sound good, though the Greg Pak one sounds more interesting to me with Bruce. Not exactly sure what connection they're going to have with the Accused to tie it back to the first Civil War. Marvel really seems to have ignored the fact that Secret Wars happened and supposedly changed the universe when every 616 thingie still happened.
    I agree, it's good to see that She-hulk had survived Bendis and will see more of her in this issue and in the future.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I doubtJen would defend her cousin's killer. Plus it doesn't seem like she had recovered in time for the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    tbh if this event just culminated in a fight between She-Hulk and Daredevil, I'd much rather that than some fight between Carol and Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    I doubtJen would defend her cousin's killer. Plus it doesn't seem like she had recovered in time for the trial.
    I think that in Newsarama they said that Daredevil will be the one defending Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    PREDICTION TIME:
    Hawkeye is banned from ever being an Avenger again (YAY!) but becomes an idol of those protesters who came to ruin Bruce's funeral. That leads directly to Occupy Avengers.
    Because letting Sabretooth, Wolverine, Deadpool, Galactus, Hyperion on avengers or avengers type teams is totally fine but banning hawkeye cause he murdered someone could be argued self defense is okay? Only in 21st century does that happen.
    I still say give me more then just saying that jen reaction which won't be much of anything. She won't be recovered or anything. Marvel you have no trust from me anymore. Doesn't excuse not even bringing her up or appearing in CWII #3 either.

BANNED

The Fallen looks like it'll be a solid read, not so interested in The Accused though. Pak is definitely the right guy to be writing a Bruce send-off; the death in CW2 #3 had no emotional impact whatsoever, so hopefully Pak will be able to salvage it with some serious interactions between members of the Hulk-family.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I was spoiled already but haven't read the issue yet. That said, here's the thing that gets me about this whole thing:

...and accompanied by a group of protestors who are "...determined to make sure the many deaths the Hulk caused in his lifetime are not forgotten."
    Didn't they jump through hoops during and before World War Hulk to state/prove that the Hulk never killed innocent bystanders?

F*%&, Marvel's such a mess right now...

*EDIT* I actually think it was that first Illuminati one-shot that started the "Hulk never killed anyone" narrative, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 07-13-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."