Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Which would be okay, I guess, if I was into Gwen all that much, but both Miles and Kamala are geeks. I'm guessing then they may move to have her with the likes of Sam, which would be cool, or Cyclops the young version (which would be weird), or a new character from her own series -since Bruno is out. Then again they could just go with Single Kamala.

I don't know, I just don't see this clicking all to well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Which would be okay, I guess, if I was into Gwen all that much, but both Miles and Kamala are geeks. I'm guessing then they may move to have her with the likes of Sam, which would be cool, or Cyclops the young version (which would be weird), or a new character from her own series -since Bruno is out. Then again they could just go with Single Kamala.

I don't know, I just don't see this clicking all to well.
    They still could go with Miles and Kamala considering even the most recent issue of Spider-Man teases Miles having a crush o Kamala. Kamala is going on road trip across the world once Civil War II is over and there's no telling how long that will be so the Miles and Gwen relationship could begin and end in that amount of time.

BANNED

Kamala returning to find Miles dating someone else could cause jealousy she wasn't aware she'd feel, which in turn pits her against Gwen in some way or another. With Miles caught in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Kamala returning to find Miles dating someone else could cause jealousy she wasn't aware she'd feel, which in turn pits her against Gwen in some way or another. With Miles caught in the middle.
    Yeah that sounds like typical Spider-Man luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fissiks View Post
    It's a bait and switch similar to this cover

Attachment 38395

it's unlikely to happen tbh
    That wasn't an intentional bait and switch, that was editorial meddling. Cyclops was yanked from All-New X-Men and given his own book. As a result, his planned storyline went to Angel instead.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the possible relationship tease.

Miles Morales Solicitations for October 2016

SPIDER-MAN #9

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • NICO LEON (A)
    Cover by SARA PICHELLI
    CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!
    • What did the Profiler see about Miles?
    • Whatever it is, it’s made him the Marvel Universe’s most wanted!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

With the 616 Earth after him (though maybe not everybody or for diffident reasons everybody is rushing to him either to protect or arrest or other) I wonder if this will play a factor. That he himself has a dimensional hopping watch from the Spider-Verse event and to escape he heads to Earth-65 to lay low. There he meets up with Spider-Gwen.
    Another possibility is that Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 decided to pay Spider-Woman and/or Silk a visit. On Earth-616 she sees Miles in danger being attacked. She doesn't know what is going on or him that well but recalls him from the Spider-Verse event and knows he is a good person. So she intervenes.
    Spider-Gwen gives Miles sanctuary on her Earth and at her place as he has nowhere to turn. Doing so they get to know each other better and after some time passes a relationship is formed. By then the Civil War 2 has ended and Miles can return home just in time for the Champions to form.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    She has had a similar experience with Mike Miller. Possible now she will have the same way with Spider-Gwen but a twist in the secret identity and superhero identity persona. For Mike Kamala is unconformable being with her due to the Bruno factor even though Mike has tried to reach out to her. But Kamala in her Ms Marvel identity doesn't have the same uncomfortable factor for her due to Mike not knowing who Ms Marvel is which gives Kamala lower awkwardness in communication with her and in the end the two was able to team up to save Bruno and others starting a friendship. Kamala still can't communicate comfortably with her AS Kamala however. Possibly now going the other end Ms Marvel feels jealousy towards Spider-Gwen but by situations Kamala (as Kamala Khan) and Gwen work together causing another strange friendship between the two and Ms Marvel finds her awesome BUT she can't communicated and be around her when she is Ms Marvel for the very same reasons Kamala has difficulties being around Mike as Kamala Khan.
    We know about the Spider luck and the traditional love interest love triangle HOWEVER Ms Marvel thus far has done a fantastic job avoiding those tropes and making twists in them. Instead of a Love triangle Kamala/Ms Marvel finds herself in a " emotional friendship triangle" and things get super uncomfortable if Spider-Gwen and Mike are in the same meeting place for her one day.

BANNED

This relationship would be quite illegal.

Who's going to police the sexual relationships of superpowered barely-legal (in the sense they are not being outright outlaws, though it could also refer to their ages hehehe) teenage vigilantes?

Seriously, who's going to stop Miles and Gwen from secretly hooking up on their own time? Who's going to report Miles and Gwen to the police for illegally hooking in the first place (and what police would have jurisdiction, considering they're from different universes) and if someone ever did, would Miles and Gwen allow themselves, or at least Gwen, to be arrested and exposed and indicted and convicted and incarcerated?

Supervillains don't obey the laws at all, and even superheroes, especially those not funded by the government, just give mere lip service only to the laws, which is why vigilantes with secret identities like the Spiderpeople, don't have to care at all --- and they don't want to care at all --- about legal due process, the appropriate level of force, the MIRANDA rights of suspects, etc. Do you think they would still care about such things as age of consent laws among themselves?
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 08-06-2016 at 09:01 AM.

BANNED

That's my stance on the subject. Period.

So, I take it the only comics you ever read are Marvel and DC superhero comics then? The way you're reacting to a relationship between a 16-year old boy and a 19-year girl old tells me that you'd most likely have apoplexy from reading non-American non-superhero comics, like say, Japanese manga, where much-more vastly age-disparate relationships are common among their top-selling titles

Marvel shouldn't have underage kids dating young men or young women period.

But as has been already been pointed out to you, such a relationship would indeed be perfectly legal in the State of New York where they both reside, albeit on parallel Earths. So why are you still using the word "underage"? Underage by your own personal beliefs, but not by that of the laws of New York.

Don't they have a rule against their characters smoking? They should have a rule about that too.

Yeah, and that's why Modern Marvel is but a pale shadow of what it once was during it's golden eras. Before, they were the House of Ideas and they rebelled against the Establishment (as represented by DC). Now they are the Establishment. They've become as SQUARE as Archie Comics. Imagine, no cigarettes, no alcohol, no drugs (not even pot, which is becoming more and more legal), no sex, etc., not even for characters who are SUPPOSED TO BE TEENAGE ANTI-AUTHORITY OUTLAWS and even have HEALING FACTORS. What ever happened to that classic American teen spirit of rock and roll? No more fun at all!

BTW on a personal note, I find it most ironic that you choose as your Forum Name, Jack Sparrow. Don't you realize that Jack Sparrow is the exact opposite of the puritan attitude you are advocating? He's the one character who considers all laws, even the Pirate Code itself, to be just mere guidelines only and will happily do whatever he wants to and can get away with, the ultimate libertarian.
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 08-06-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Whatever became of Captain Falcon and Jane Thor's teased relationship? Did it "happen" or did it fizzle out?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Whatever became of Captain Falcon and Jane Thor's teased relationship? Did it "happen" or did it fizzle out?
    Nothing really came out of the kiss, though Sam did eventually find out Jane's identity and visited her while she was getting treatment. That was about it.

Sam's already spoken for anyways...

I still think this is bait and switch

NL: Brian Bendis and Jason Latour and I and my group have been talking a lot about this kind of couple. We talked one of the last times they were both in town. We talked on the phone a ton about what this story is and how to do it right. You're absolutely right. Like you said, crossing dimensions, getting to know people is very, very difficult. This isn't really a by the numbers romance, although maybe metaphorically it can be, but it's a really incredible story that spans dimensions but is also incredibly human story. I'm very excited for people to read it. It'll be really be hitting big in January so we're excited for everybody to see that. That's going to be a great big story for both of them.
    http://comicbook.com/2016/10/14/excl...s-spider-gwen/
    We need better comics

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I'm sure Miles and Gwen are capable of having an open long distance romance.

That Spider-Gwen cover is pretty clever, I like it and as long as this romance leads to some interesting development I'm cool with it.

Well, given the lack of success of Superhero relationships when the leads have their own respective solo books and the whole long-distance thing, I have my doubts about this relationship lasting long-term.

Unless Bendis makes it his new StarKat .

Here we go!