Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New Hawkman & Adam Strange Series Serves Up an Intergalactic Team-up

Hawkman and Adam Strange, along with a classic villain, are returning to print this fall for a new series from DC Comics.

Full article here.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Yesss! Been wondering when these two were going to show up! Didn't think it would be together!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Um, Alanna is human now. Is she being retconnend or what?
    Cyclops was right

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Um, Alanna is human now. Is she being retconnend or what?
    Maybe . Rebirth style . LOL . I hoping they start remembering their pre flashpoint experiences ala the Titans/Wally West
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

DC Comics has announced... a new six-issue miniseries titled "Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out of Time." ...the new monthly series" - Come on, CBR, I know you can do better than this. So is it a mini, or a monthly? Or are you implying it's a monthly mini? Either way, you need to start making this mini-series/monthly series thing more clear. It's like DC and Marvel have somehow told the comic book writing community to make it vague so the readers just stay confused and hopefully that'll sell more books...

I think its monthly mini, which may not be assumed with the main series coming out twice a month.

Anyway, while I'm not sure if I'll buy this, its always nice seeing DC Cosmic stuff that isnt' just GL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    DC Comics has announced... a new six-issue miniseries titled "Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out of Time." ...the new monthly series" - Come on, CBR, I know you can do better than this. So is it a mini, or a monthly? Or are you implying it's a monthly mini? Either way, you need to start making this mini-series/monthly series thing more clear. It's like DC and Marvel have somehow told the comic book writing community to make it vague so the readers just stay confused and hopefully that'll sell more books...
    It's a mini-series, the individual issues of which will come out monthly. The opposite of mini-series is "ongoing" - monthly has nothing to do with it.

As for the story itself, I feel like the Rann vs. Thanagar thing has been a little overdone, but whatever works.

I'm liking what I'm hearing from DC. Seeding popularity through minis is the way to go. The sad fact is that not many characters can sustain a solo anymore, best to retain some freshness with characters by focusing on them through minis.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    DC Comics has announced... a new six-issue miniseries titled "Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out of Time." ...the new monthly series" - Come on, CBR, I know you can do better than this. So is it a mini, or a monthly? Or are you implying it's a monthly mini? Either way, you need to start making this mini-series/monthly series thing more clear.

What's unclear? They say it's a mini and they say it's monthly. They say it's monthly because DC also releases comics bi-weekly... pretty straight forward if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    It's a mini-series, the individual issues of which will come out monthly. The opposite of mini-series is "ongoing" - monthly has nothing to do with it.

As for the story itself, I feel like the Rann vs. Thanagar thing has been a little overdone, but whatever works.
    But did Rann/Thanagar War happen in current continuity?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

Adam retiring after being a hero for five minutes. Both of these character still need a lot of work done to them, so the existence of this book is pretty exciting. Never read any of Marc's work, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    But did Rann/Thanagar War happen in current continuity?
    Oh, no, I just mean in terms of overall storytelling for the properties. I got a little burned out on it pre-Flashpoint. Half the time I couldn't keep track of who was living on whose planet.

Cool! I hope this signals the return of the pre-Flashpoint cosmic status,with the loose team of cosmic heroes (Abherant Six, Ithink it was). Add Captain Comet, Starfire, Maxima, Alpha Centurion, Starman, the Wierd and others to the mix and let them go to town.
    I hope they also do something about the Alanna being human thing. Her being a Rannian princess was like a crucial point of the Adam Strange mythos. But keep her kicking ass in her own right.

Peace

Sounds like it's going to basically be a mini Rebirth for Hawkman and Adam Strange, and the premise sounds like it could prove for an interesting and fun story. Just happy to see Hawkman and Adam Strange back in comics .

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Despero appearing on the cover = SOLD.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Cool news. They could easily be the stars of an Adventures Comics relaunch...