Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I was pretty late into reading Adam Strange, just read an older miniseries about him not too long ago. I like the look, and the retro vibe of the character, so I'll probably check it out.

Amazing Member

I'm just going to take a wild stab here and say Despero is behind the whole thing...

Glad especially for the inclusion of the Stranges. Though I must admit I was quite underwhelmed by Andreyko's recent works.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Um, Alanna is human now. Is she being retconnend or what?
    Alanna is a human/Rannian hybrid, since Sardath was revealed to be her father in Justice League United #16.

It might be good, I wish the Hawkworld costume was being used. Hawkman is one of those heroes for me that never works as well as his golden age version. Tim Truman's version being my one exception. The Adam Strange part sounds drama. I'll probably check it out eventually.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wow, (Silver Age and Hawkworld) Hawkman is my second favorite hero and Despero is in my top five for villains. And the creative team is great.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Sounds like a fun read. Always nice to get more Hawkman.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Glad especially for the inclusion of the Stranges. Though I must admit I was quite underwhelmed by Andreyko's recent works.

Alanna is a human/Rannian hybrid, since Sardath was revealed to be her father in Justice League United #16.
    Huh. I haven't read the Parker run yet. I'd still prefer her to be a regular Rannian.
    Cyclops was right

Not a fan of Andreyko.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Sounds like this could be fun.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Not digging either of those costume designs. They should have just stuck with the pre-52 version of Strange's outfit, from the Planet Heist mini. And what's with all the armor plating on Hawkman's legs? Seems like it would cause a lot of unnecessary drag in flight. Plus, it doesn't make any sense for him to be wearing leg armor while flying around with a bare chest and arms.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    I'm just going to take a wild stab here and say Despero is behind the whole thing...
    Ha! You fell for their fiendishly clever red herring!

"Thanagarian policeman Katar Hol" suggests that they are dropping his entire New 52 backstory. It's rare that I say this, being a continuity fan and all, but it is the best thing that could happen to him.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Not a fan of Andreyko.
    Yeah, me neither. My genre but gonna pass on this.

BANNED

Hope they start fleshing out the cosmic side of the dcu now.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Huh. I haven't read the Parker run yet. I'd still prefer her to be a regular Rannian.
    Same here, making her human or even half loses the point of her relationship with Strange.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    "Thanagarian policeman Katar Hol" suggests that they are dropping his entire New 52 backstory. It's rare that I say this, being a continuity fan and all, but it is the best thing that could happen to him.
    I'm not up on the continuity of New 52 Hawkman, but in the few issues I've read with him he seemed to act like he was a Thanagarian police officer stuck on Earth.

Is his actual backstory a lot more convoluted then that ?