Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How Well Do You Think The Renew Your Monthly Will Sell?

Marvel just announced a new title spinning off of last year's Renew Your Vows mini-series by Gerry Conway and Ryan Stegman.

So, what do you expect sales on it to be?

And this is a thread that is likely to be bumped in a few months, so we can see who was right or who was wrong.

My guess is that it'll kinda be like Spider-Gwen (although I don't expect it to hit the same level when it comes to first issue sales.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I think the first issue will have a very good number. And, by standard attrition, will settle into its niche. Similar to Spider-Gwen, but probably much quicker and debut not quite as highly.

I wonder if they plan on having this series interact with the main Marvel Universe in some way. Will the Parkers travel to the 616 Universe at any point? Team up with Miles or the other Peter? Because that might make some difference. Even interaction with Spider-Gwen could make some difference, as it will make this book feel connected to the rest of Marvel's publishing line.

BANNED

I think as the series settles in, it'll probably sell in the 60k range, and perhaps higher.

Probably like Spidey
    We need better comics

First issue will be the highest selling Spider-Man book for that month. Maybe the highest selling Marvel book.

After that, we'll see a steady dropoff and it will eventually hover in the 45-55k range. About like Spider-Gwen.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

We don't know when this is coming out and whether it's a limited series.. It's the only Parker Spider-Man book listed in the Marvel Now Previews. If it comes out after Clone Conspiracy and the Gage tie-in ASM issues, it's possible it will be the ASM title like last time. Potentially huge difference between it being an alternate choice and being the only Parker SM choice when it's published.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    First issue will be the highest selling Spider-Man book for that month. Maybe the highest selling Marvel book.

After that, we'll see a steady dropoff and it will eventually hover in the 45-55k range. About like Spider-Gwen.
    Agreed. Comic book shop I use said they did well with RYV sales.

Lightbulb

Initially very well, but after that we shall see. I'm not convinced it has long term staying power (a la the current already slowly diminishing Spider-Gwen Craze). Once the novelty of having the Spider Marriage back on a regular basis dissipates will be the real test of its longevity, or lack thereof.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-16-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

I get the feeling it will probably detract from ASM, both selling roughly 50K
    This is assuming the upcoming Marvel relaunch doesn't drive away more readers.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Depends on the month. It's not going to be a flop if it's the third best-selling Spider-Man title on the month of Clone Conspiracy #1.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I love Gerry Conway, and I'm happy that those that like the spider-marriage have a book to look forward to. With that said, I think some are overestimating how well the sales this book will be. I honestly think it'll settle around behind Amazing Spider-Man, Miles Morales comic AND Spider-Gwen.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Well I have no plans on reading ASM anytime soon but am pretty excited for this.

I actually think it'll do very well at first, but I don't think the hype will last too long.

BANNED

Better than ASM, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I love Gerry Conway, and I'm happy that those that like the spider-marriage have a book to look forward to. With that said, I think some are overestimating how well the sales this book will be. I honestly think it'll settle around behind Amazing Spider-Man, Miles Morales comic AND Spider-Gwen.
    If it sells as well as Carnage (maybe with an artist who isn't as expensive as Stegman) Marvel will okay with that. It'll be a profitable monthly that didn't exist an year ago.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Is this the ultimate litmus test on whether or not the marriage sells? If it does well, marriage fans would push louder than ever, else, this would be the final nail in the coffin on the spider marriage debate ?