Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you still read Marvel books month by month?

With Civil War 2 at the breaking point and Marvel NOW! looming I am doing myself a question that has Been on my mind since I created my user for this forum :

How many People are still taking books of Marvel monthly , issue to issue? How many of you go to buy the next issue of your favourite Marvel series, nowadays?

With all this people saying they leave the current stuff , to read old books , I really peeks my curiosity how many of you still follow the new books.
    I will judge you ... with the power of my POSTS!!!!

Yes, but I limit myself to only a handful per month at most. And I generally only buy books monthly if 1) I think it's not going to sell well and has one of my favorite characters, and/or 2) If it looks interesting/unique/awesome and I doubt it's going to last for more than a couple years.

I guess I just generally figure that there's beauty in buying books doomed to cancellation because each comic's end provides me an opportunity to buy something new!

-Pav, who trade-waits for his Spidey comics and other long-running stuff...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Well, given that my pull is around like 5 titles, so yeah, i still read them month by month.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I do, but I need to cut down more and read more on Marvel Unlimited instead. It was actually ANAD that drew me back from Trades.

My pull's about 7 titles and I have no problem reading month to month.

BANNED

Switched to Marvel Unlimited last December. Easily the best comic book decision I've ever made. I'm no longer current on monthlies other than what I see others post about but I'm saving a ton of money and binge reading older stuff is far more enjoyable than getting 5 minutes of reading for $4 a shot.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Why would I stop?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I used to love going to the LCBS every Wednesday and picking up my comics and reading them immediately, and then talking about them online with friends and on forums.

But that pretty much ended with Secret Wars. Marvel broke that habit, by cancelling all the books and making everything a What If story. I dropped everything but the main event book -- anything I was interested in I could read in trades and save money.

ANAD cemented that for me, with a lack luster line up, and of course, trashing and killing off my favorite character. I struggled to find books to put on my pull list, and the few that I did, didn't inspire me to eagerly make a weekly trip to the LCB. Today was the first time in SIX weeks that I've gone to the store. And even after picking up the books, they get stacked up and it may be a couple more weeks before I read them.

The only book I read immediately is The Vision. The best book Marvel is putting out now, and they let the writer get nabbed by a DC exclusive.

The line up for their new relaunch looks awful, and I probably will cancel my pull list entirely.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I have purged my pull list after every book I was reading got dragged into Civil Snore.

My pull list changes constantly but I always reserve 8-10 spots for Marvel. So, yeah. Around 8-10 books per month from Marvel. It's been that way since I got back into comics a few years ago.
    Pull List
    Marvel - All Marvel.
    Image - Saga, Walking Dead

Creator and host of Informal Talks podcast at InformalTalks.com and on iTunes!

I don't.

I haven't bought comics on a monthly basis in many, many, many years. The hobby is too expensive and, to be blunt, too slow. If something is going on in a book I'm not interested in, I may have to wait years for a version I do care about.

Instead, I tend to dip in for individual storylines or characters I care about. I might follow Kamala Khan, for example, and I acquired every issue for Superior Spider-Man, but not on a month to month.

BANNED

I stopped reading new comics after Secret Wars.

It depends on the series. I've let Black Widow pile up because it's such a quick read that it makes the wait for the next issue difficult. On the other hand, a book like The Ultimates feels denser, so I feel I get enough in one issue to warrant reading it month to month.

Yes I still read monthly. Normally the complaints are about there favorite characters.The classic runs are much better for the most part. I still enjoy comics monthly so if I have the money why not

Just a couple because I either love the characters (Aurora and Puck in Captain Marvel) or because it's a niche title that needs all the monthly support it can get (X-Men '92). The rest I either wait for Comixology sales, read on Marvel Unlimited, or trade-wait on if the reviews are excellent. And I've got such a lack of enthusiasm for most recent Marvel stuff that I'll probably drop MU in the next couple of months.