Default Civil War II #3 Review By Graphicpolicy

https://graphicpolicy.com/2016/07/13...ivil-war-ii-3/

Check out the "It was revealed" referenced in the review.

I must say, this review had more reference to the algorithm policy of current law enforcement being used, than any other review.

But I do take Brett to task that algorithms were discarded as a topic, because right at the end, Tony Stark is informed by his own algorithm merchant, Friday, that she has applied herself and come up with her own predictive mechanism. So I wonder what and how Bendis intends to show us in regards to algorithms in both Ulysses' and Friday's armament, and how defective they are with respect to the faulty ones referenced in his article used by stubborn current law enforcement agencies, when they have been proven wrong? That's what I don't get. These companies set themselves up, like Minority Report, and just hoodwink the courts that they are infallible. Why haven't these contradictory studies brought about overturning the use of these algorithms unjust outcomes to people of colour? Why is this still allowed?

The bias in the Algorithms by the companies referenced, seems to be attributed to the interviewer believing a person is a gang member or not, simply by the colour of their skin. And this overloads the statistics in favor of people of colour being more likely to reoffend, or, offend having no prior record. It leads to over harassment of people of colour in their neighbourhoods, and probably reinforces white supremacy convictions among police officers.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-15-2016 at 06:29 AM.