Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Wonder Woman/Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld Crossover

Would anyone be interested in a crossover between Wonder Woman and Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld? If so, how would you go about it?

For me: Diana, Donna and Cassie are have cornered Circe who is trying to access what they think is Olympus but turns out to be Gemworld. Circe having been to Gemwrold before is able to evade the trio who are brought before Amy. Amy, however, vouches for them recognising Cassie as one of their schoolmates and they begin working together to see what Circe wants in Gemworld. This leads to them learning along the way that Gemworld and Themyscira may have crossed paths before.

BANNED

Considering how Amethyst went the last time, I don't think anyone is that interested in seeing this.

I'd love to see it myself. I really enjoyed the last Amythest series and was sad that it got cut short. I think it would be a good idea to reintroduce her in a WW book. I'd like to see WW encounter more of the magical side of the DCU in general.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I'd Read it.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Considering how Amethyst went the last time, I don't think anyone is that interested in seeing this.
    What was wrong with how Amethyst went? I thought it was great. Sure, like everything in the New 52, it could've used some more brightness and positivity, but at the end of the day, it was a story of a young girl coming into her powers and defeating a great evil and liberating her people.

To the OP's question? Hell yes, I'd love a Diana/Amethyst crossover! I think they'd work great together and it would be fun to see them explore each other's worlds.

As far as how I'd do it? Ironically, I already kind of DID do this with my friends. A couple years ago, I organized a tabletop RPG game with my friends using the Mutants and Masterminds DC Universe Roleplaying Game. The story I came up with involved the Justice League (played by my friends) dealing with an attack by Eclipso on Earth.

Eclipso started his attack subtly in Gotham. He discretely managed to corrupt the entire Bat Family without anyone noticing. (Yes, including Batman. Because why shouldn't he get screwed over in a big event every once in a while? Plus, it raised the stakes to have the League fighting a corrupted Batman with all his anti-JL countermeasures now turned toward evil. Where was your contingency plan for preventing THAT one, oh great Batgod?) When the League came to investigate strange goings-on in Gotham, they were attacked by just about every Gotham superhero, now corrupted by Eclipso. During the fight, a spell gone awry from Zatanna opened a portal to Gemworld, and the League was sucked into it. There they made contact with Amethyst (I was using the New 52 version because I liked it and I had her complete story at hand for inspiration) and her people. They had been taken over by Eclipso as well, and Amethyst was leading a resistance movement against him. So the League helped her liberate her world and then she agreed to join them in stopping Eclipso on Earth, since her power was so effective against him.

So, I could easily modify that story for just a Diana/Amethyst crossover. Somehow, Eclipso makes it to Earth and starts corrupting heroes. Diana somehow makes it to Gemworld, links up with Amethyst, and begins working to stop him. Basically, it would be that long-awaited GOOD Wonder Woman-centric event we've all been wishing for.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 07-15-2016 at 07:26 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    What was wrong with how Amethyst went? I thought it was great. Sure, like everything in the New 52, it could've used some more brightness and positivity, but at the end of the day, it was a story of a young girl coming into her powers and defeating a great evil and liberating her people.
    Well considering Amethyst was before Flashpoint a kind of MLP thing of magical kingdoms with princess' and princes... it was well and truly killed off when Amethys was nearly raped in issue one, and then Gemworld was given a GoT overhaul... even before they added Eclipso to the mix (yet another place for Eclipso to appear... not counting the later proto-version in Demon Knights, being found by Team 7 and fought off somewhere else entirely all at the same time)

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well considering Amethyst was before Flashpoint a kind of MLP thing of magical kingdoms with princess' and princes... it was well and truly killed off when Amethys was nearly raped in issue one, and then Gemworld was given a GoT overhaul... even before they added Eclipso to the mix (yet another place for Eclipso to appear... not counting the later proto-version in Demon Knights, being found by Team 7 and fought off somewhere else entirely all at the same time)
    Well, it was a more mature take on the concept, sure. But it still featured magical kingdoms, princes, and princesses. It was still a story of a girl discovering her power. In the rape scene you mention, she DID escape from that situation herself after all.

I don't think going in a slightly more mature direction dooms the Amethyst title forever. Might they want to consider lightening things up a bit? Sure. But I don't think anything in Sword of Sorcery hurt the character too badly.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 07-15-2016 at 11:17 PM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I'd go for a Wonder Woman and Amethyst crossover and I like your idea Agent Z. I'd add that Circe's spell misfires during an epic battle and Cheetah, Giganta, and Silver Swan also get transported to Gemworld with Diana, Donna, Cassie, and Artemis for a full-tilt Amazon family adventure.

I've often thought a Gemworld and Skartaris crossover would be interesting as well. Add in the Amazons and Atlanteans and there could be additional storytelling elements. (We still need a good Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Queen Clea tale.)

Incredible Member

Amethyst was a cool series...I was surprised how much I liked it, to be honest. The first issue gave me pause for the reason mentioned, but it turned out to be a pretty deep fantasy story that scratched that GoT itch pretty well for me. I'd definitely support a revival, and Wonder Woman seems like a good crossover character.

How would I do it? I'd probably have WW visit Gemworld in her series and then spin off a solo series for Amethyst that puts her in the real world.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'd go for a Wonder Woman and Amethyst crossover and I like your idea Agent Z. I'd add that Circe's spell misfires during an epic battle and Cheetah, Giganta, and Silver Swan also get transported to Gemworld with Diana, Donna, Cassie, and Artemis for a full-tilt Amazon family adventure.

I've often thought a Gemworld and Skartaris crossover would be interesting as well. Add in the Amazons and Atlanteans and there could be additional storytelling elements. (We still need a good Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Queen Clea tale.)
    I'm not as familiar with the WW supporting cast, but maybe do a kind of "Lantern Spectrum" (whatever it was called) style story where a different Amazonian is revealed to be a member of each Gemworld family.

I've been extremely devoted to doing an Amethyst series going for many years now. I have an entire story just sitting and waiting. The original run and all the details of her world are so awesome and here's hoping I'll get the chance soon.

Gemworld & Amethyst are linked to Wonder Woman in the Legend of Wonder Woman Universe. Here's the mention in the series (some SPOILERS):

8938857e-2716-452e-9350-9762ba34ba77.jpg

Here's a cover image I did many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Renae De Liz View Post
    I've been extremely devoted to doing an Amethyst series going for many years now. I have an entire story just sitting and waiting. The original run and all the details of her world are so awesome and here's hoping I'll get the chance soon.

Gemworld & Amethyst are linked to Wonder Woman in the Legend of Wonder Woman Universe. Here's the mention in the series (some SPOILERS):

Dear God, DC! Make this happen, already!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Renae De Liz View Post

That Awesome oh how i wish Legend was an animated series

Let's not forget, Amethyst is an agent of the Lord of Peace, fighting against the lord of Chaos. It would be interesting if Wonder Woman was summoned to join the fight. Although Wonder Woman would try and find a different approach to the violence and spreading peace

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah I'd read it. I know little of Amethyst, but it seems like a cool Sailor Moon/She-Ra sort of think that DC should be pushing to a young girl audience.