Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Renae De Liz View Post
    I've been extremely devoted to doing an Amethyst series going for many years now. I have an entire story just sitting and waiting. The original run and all the details of her world are so awesome and here's hoping I'll get the chance soon.

Gemworld & Amethyst are linked to Wonder Woman in the Legend of Wonder Woman Universe. Here's the mention in the series (some SPOILERS):
    Aha...when Legend of Wonder Woman launched I thought it was a miniseries for some reason and I was just waiting around on a collected edition. Now that I see it's ongoing I'm gonna have to check that out. The price is right, that's for sure!

EDIT: perhaps not ongoing? issue 27 was June 2. no matter. i'll read it now.

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    Aha...when Legend of Wonder Woman launched I thought it was a miniseries for some reason and I was just waiting around on a collected edition. Now that I see it's ongoing I'm gonna have to check that out. The price is right, that's for sure!

EDIT: perhaps not ongoing? issue 27 was June 2. no matter. i'll read it now.
    Hi! Legend of is not an ongoing, exactly. it's coming out in volumes. The first is 270 pages, which is 9 issues or 27 digital chapters (10 pages each). It details the rise of Diana as WW. Volume 2 has been greenlit continuing Diana's story.

However, in the Legend of... Universe there's a giant overarching story that branches out to all the DC characters, and will culminate in a final Justice League finale. The series is dedicated to revisiting classic elements of the superheroes while updating as well. Wonder Woman is just the beginning. Amethyst is one whose story is critical to everything, and I want to tell it! Next I'll likely be trying to get Aquaman and Green Lantern going with other artists to speed up releases of Volumes.

Anyway, thanks for deciding to pick it up! LoWW highly depends on sales to keep the stories coming. Because it's out of continuity, a digital first, and promoted far less, it needs all the help it can get.
    Last edited by Renae De Liz; 07-18-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Off topic, but what ideas did you have for an Amethyst/Gemworld story?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Off topic, but what ideas did you have for an Amethyst/Gemworld story?
    Too many to list, haha. But some core ideas that wouldn't give away much are:

1: Amy lives in Gotham, with her single father who works for the GPD. She experiences Gotham through the eyes of the average citizen. Villains and Heroes such at Batman are not part of her story, but the effects of their actions are known and effect the way the city looks and feels to her. It's dark and gothic. As in the original series, she is a big fan of Wonder Woman.

2: Gemworld is a name Amy provides, as the planet (one of the oldest in the Universe) has long forgotten it's true name. It's a bright, magical place. The world is ruled by various gems, which are extremely powerful and very sought after. Each gem has it's own country and race of creature, such as:

Garnet: Winged Horse Riders of the Desert
    Amethyst: Rulers of Crystaline Caverns (RULING HOUSE)
    Ruby: Were-beasts of the Hills
    Sapphire: Ice Warriors of the Mountains (Princess Sapphire is engaged to Topaz and Amethyst's rival)
    Agate: Mer-people of the rivers and lakes
    Emerald: Dryads of the Wood
    Opal: Ancients of the Underworld

There's a lot more, but you could expect it to stay true to the original look and feel while taking things in it's own direction at the same time.

Here's some REALLY old pages.

Last edited by Renae De Liz; 07-18-2016 at 06:03 PM.

You might be my soul mate. Never have I believed there to be another soul who loved Amethyst as much as myself. I had a similar idea to your second point. But I included folks like the Bloodstone and Obsidian. The art looks killer as well. Is your user name a fan love letter to the writer of the Legend of Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    You might be my soul mate. Never have I believed there to be another soul who loved Amethyst as much as myself. I had a similar idea to your second point. But I included folks like the Bloodstone and Obsidian. The art looks killer as well. Is your user name a fan love letter to the writer of the Legend of Wonder Woman?
    PSST. That's the REAL Renae De Liz, writer and artist of Legend of Wonder Woman. And my wife. I'm lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by RAY DILLON View Post
    PSST. That's the REAL Renae De Liz, writer and artist of Legend of Wonder Woman. And my wife. I'm lucky.
    Nice! Now I have to support Legend of Wonder Woman more now! Knowing how much Amethyst love is behind that writing power.

Ultimate Member

Yeah I'd be interested in seeing this as well. And, while I know that this would be difficult to do, I've always kind of wanted to see a WW/Red Sonja crossover as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Well, it was a more mature take on the concept, sure. But it still featured magical kingdoms, princes, and princesses. It was still a story of a girl discovering her power. In the rape scene you mention, she DID escape from that situation herself after all.

I don't think going in a slightly more mature direction dooms the Amethyst title forever. Might they want to consider lightening things up a bit? Sure. But I don't think anything in Sword of Sorcery hurt the character too badly.
    well it kind of doomed last series. It's not like old people will read a story about a teenager princess, some will but not enough;
    she escaped but it's not like it is easy. one time I was almost robbed, thief pointed a gun to me, I got shaked a bit and was afraid/anxious to walk at the same place.
    mature is very relative, I think the word darker fit much better

Quote Originally Posted by Renae De Liz View Post
    I've been extremely devoted to doing an Amethyst series going for many years now. I have an entire story just sitting and waiting. The original run and all the details of her world are so awesome and here's hoping I'll get the chance soon.

Gemworld & Amethyst are linked to Wonder Woman in the Legend of Wonder Woman Universe. Here's the mention in the series (some SPOILERS):

Attachment 37980

Here's a cover image I did many years ago.

This looks great. Hope you get the chance to write such a book.