Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Batman seems to be confusing me. I dropped it because i didn't feel i'd learn too much more about duke thomas, plus i'm not interested in the monster man crossover, but i'm thinking of picking up issue #9. I'm also picking up aquaman, flash, wonder woman and action comics this month, as well as batrgirl and birds of prey, and red hood and the outlaws. I sure hope marvel now is starting in october , so i can drop some titles to make room.
    Last edited by protege; 07-14-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Deathstroke, Damian hasn't been Batman's partner in years, in universe and out, update your info, my man. Also whoever Wally's facing, you want to say and, not "or". Save the Titans or lose the love of your life doesn't work. Get it together guys.

Also whoa, TT is keeping us waiting.
    I'm not sure i understand what dc is doing with damian if he's not bruce's partner, and why duke thomas can't be.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How on Earth-2 is that book still going?

Look, I was a big fan of the Robinson era of that title. I'll even defend the (muddled) Taylor run. But the fact that it is still publishable is a Batman-level mystery to me. Did the quality really get that much better?
    Yeah. I thought Wilson's run after Taylor's killed the book, but Abnett somehow brought the book back from the grave. Still not buying it though.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    these previews look great. especially the batman stuff, and the developments with flash and jessica cruz. also death stroke sounds like it may be very awesome.

can someone tell me if there is a metal men book coming soon? i read them for comixology sale this weekend in justice league forever evil, and i loved them.
    I'd love a metal men series; it's the only story in legends of tomorrow i'm actually enjoying.
    Last edited by protege; 07-14-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

...Seriously?

This might be a topic for another thread, but what is the state of that world these days? The thing I found most interesting about Earth-2 was the potential for world building, for different characters... and that all seemed to get drowned out in smashing the world (Worlds End), pointless deaths (Terry Sloane), dropped plot points (the 8th Wonder and the 4th Kyrptonian) and character assassinations (Jimmy Olson).
    I think the 8th Wonder was apparently Fury, they didn't talk about her because she was taken from the Amazons after they were slaughtered. The 4th Kryptonian was completely forgotten though, and Terry Sloan's death was what made me drop the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm not sure i understand what dc is doing with damian if he's not bruce's partner, and why duke thomas can't be.
    I'm just happy to see Damian getting his ego put in check by being captured. It's those moments of being outmatched or humiliated that I think make his character work in spite of his arrogance.

The Doom Patrol cover has a Charles Burns vibe. Looks good.
    Cave Carson and Shade the Changing Girl look interesting.
    Titans is going strong. Glad to see they managed to get all seven members on the cover without squeezing anyone out. Oh, and Lilith has legs!

Hawkman/Adam Strange would have interested me if it came out in 2006 instead of Hawkgirl.

The Doctor Fate cover gets points for trying to out-Ditko the current Doctor Strange book.

Future Quest still looks like THE HB comic worth reading.

Scooby Doo meets Zatanna! :-)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

These solicitations show no collected editions. Certainly this isn't everything DC is putting out. I'm interested to see if DC is going to start collecting Rebirth and in what format. Hardcover? TPB? A mix of both depending on how popular a book is?

Spectacular Member

Where are DC Collectibles solicits, action figures, statues, etc?

BANNED

Oh yeah, I hope that once the 2 Wally's finally meet they'll find a way to distinguish the 2 by name. Maybe Nu Wally has a cool middle name he can use, like Richard or Benedict. Benedict West, nice!

BANNED

How on Earth-2 is that book still going?

Look, I was a big fan of the Robinson era of that title. I'll even defend the (muddled) Taylor run. But the fact that it is still publishable is a Batman-level mystery to me. Did the quality really get that much better?
    When this gets the Rebirth it deserves and needs, I'm hoping Val is used somewhere as a consistent character. Really can't wait to say goodbye to that Green concept they did with Alan Scott

Doom Patrol looks great but there's very little else that's exciting me here. Superman and Superbrat on Dinosaur Island. no thanks. at least it sounds like Earth 2 may be wrapping up. Deathstroke sounds interesting with him and Batman trading kids. and i love the Harley's Little Black Book cover with her and Lobo. Green Lantern and Justice League sound terrible. but at least Wonder Woman there's Wonder Woman to look forward to.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-14-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Oh yeah, I hope that once the 2 Wally's finally meet they'll find a way to distinguish the 2 by name. Maybe Nu Wally has a cool middle name he can use, like Richard or Benedict. Benedict West, nice!
    I'm pushing for "North".

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    These solicitations show no collected editions. Certainly this isn't everything DC is putting out. I'm interested to see if DC is going to start collecting Rebirth and in what format. Hardcover? TPB? A mix of both depending on how popular a book is?
    These are leaked and not officially released, when it is released you will have the trades listed.

Thoughts:

- Terry's back! YES!!!

- Looks like Lois is finally getting her time in the spotlight in Action Comics, and going back to the Planet. I wonder how that will work out with what her New 52 counterpart is doing over in Superwoman?

- I wonder if we're finally getting the Arkham Origins female Copperhead introduced into the comics?

- Monster Men continues to seem like a fun event.

- So it was Psycho-Pirate at the end of that Batman issue. I wonder who comprises the team Batman is forming and if some of them are from Task Force X? Are we getting some form of The Outsiders for this? Also curious to see King write Bane.

- 'Tec dealing with a victim of crime on Gotham who blames both criminals and the Batfamily should be interesting.

- Can't wait to see Deathstroke and Rose vs. Batman and Robin.

- Looks like NuWally is going to make his debut as Kid Flash for the final fight between Flash and Godspeed, and we're also going to finally see Thawne again. So really looking forward to that, and the meeting between the Wally's. Love that cover.

- So Ollie and Dinah are going on a romantic getaway on the island? Okay...

- Green Lanterns on Halloween? Love it.

- Sounds like we're going to be getting the final Hal vs. Sinestro fight in #8. Can't wait!

- Huh, Jessica asking Barry out on a date? That could be fun and interesting, if likely secluded to this arc.

- The Superman solicits had me at Dinosaur Island, but finally throwing Krypto in the mix is even better!

- Linda kidnapped? Wally having to choose between her and the Titans? Oh no!

- Ah, that Wonder Woman cover...and is that a new Dr. Cyber?

- I might pick up Scooby-Doo team-up since Zatanna's in it.