Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 10 Reasons Krysten Ritter Deserved an Emmy Nod For "Jessica Jones"

The star of the acclaimed Netflix may not have received an Emmy nomination, but we can point to 10 scenes that show she should have.

Full article here.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

In no way was Ritter's performance better than any here on this list:

Claire Danes, Homeland
    Viola Davis, How to Get Away With Murder
    Taraji P Henson, Empire
    Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
    Keri Russell, The Americans
    Robin Wright, House of Cards

Niffleheim

I have watched the show and in no way was she deserving to be nominated for anything. Ppl are just caught up in their own superhero genre bubble.

The only performances I can speak on the actual list of nominees are Tatiana's. And Ritter certainly didn't eclipse her.

In general, I found Ritter's performance good, certainly. But not especially noteworthy. Certainly as I watched the series plod slooooooowly along, there was more than one occasion when it was really only Tennant's performance that held my interest enough to stick with the show.

I disagree, she at least deserved a nomination and easily outshines Danes and Russell.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I'm with you all. I generally enjoyed the series and, on paper, Ritter's casting seemed absolutely perfect, but her performance was more workmanlike than would be expected. Her "snark" in earlier episodes was especially cringe-inducing.

BANNED

Oh please. Stop. Just. Stop.

Not only did she not deserve an Emmy nod, if you were to actually rank the Emmy worthiness of every actor on the show, she wouldn't even be at the top of the list.
    Last edited by kalorama; 07-14-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I can only speak of Robin Wright (House of Cards) and she was tremendous. Better than Ritter.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Kirsten Dunst for Fargo? Ugh.

Glad to see Jonathan Banks up there for Best Supporting. Hope he gets it; he's been killing it on Better Call Saul.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

I fail to recall anything Ritter did that was Emmy-worthy.
    Jessica Jones wasn't even that good of a show.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I can only speak of Robin Wright (House of Cards) and she was tremendous. Better than Ritter.
    I haven't seen any of the shows featuring the nominated actresses this season (and two of them I've never seen at all). But I've seen enough of all of the actresses to believe that almost every one of them is capable of acting rings around Ritter, even on a bad day. And I say this as someone who, thought she did a surprisingly good job in Jones (surprising, because I was against her being cast in the role; I wanted Marin Ireland). But in the main, she's not as good as most of the nominees. The only one I'm less than staunch on is Maslany. Haven't watched Orphan Black since season 2 but from what I recall, she fell into the good, not great category.

All-New Member

It was David Tennant who deserved recognition for his performance. That bit of acting in AKA Sin Bin was remarkable. Ritter even said the entire cast was astonished at the work he was doing and said she learned a great deal from him.

All-New Member

Eva Green deserved an Emmy for her work in Penny Dreadful more than Krysten Ritter did.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSwarthout View Post
    I'm with you all. I generally enjoyed the series and, on paper, Ritter's casting seemed absolutely perfect, but her performance was more workmanlike than would be expected. Her "snark" in earlier episodes was especially cringe-inducing.
    She was surprisingly much better in the emotional scenes than in the more mundane and comedic ones. It's like she spent so much time on those that the others felt artificial and unrehearsed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    In no way was Ritter's performance better than any here on this list:

Claire Danes, Homeland
    Viola Davis, How to Get Away With Murder
    Taraji P Henson, Empire
    Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
    Keri Russell, The Americans
    Robin Wright, House of Cards
    It's so weird Viola Davis won Outstanding Lead for that show. I watched a number of episodes, and she wasn't the lead in any I saw. Her students were more of the lead characters than she was. Did they actually make her the lead in the second season, or is it the same kind of deal as the first?