Super Moderator

Default "Batman: The Killing Joke's" Batgirl "Will Not Disappoint" Promises Tara Strong

A new interview with Strong includes her insight into the animated feature as well as new footage of Batgirl in action.

Full article here.

Honestly, she just needs to feature in two scenes, just like in the original comic book: the one where she is shot and the one in the hospital where her paralysis is confirmed. Everything else, ESPECIALLY moments where she is in costume, would (and will) be superfluous. The Killing Joke simply wasn't a story about her and I'm not interested in changing that.

I'm so iffy about this movie. Been thinking about catching it at theaters, but...I don't know. The animation looks so bad. Maybe being surrounded by Batman fans would make me feel better lol
    Superhero shows are trash

I hate to be that guy, but...it's the Killing Joke, all Batgirl has to do to not disappoint is take a bullet to the spine. Harsh but that's the story.

Spectacular Member

The more Tara Strong the better. The more classic Batgirl all the better too.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Either the movie will end book accurately (Batman, Joker, puddles, sirens, and nothing more) or not...if not, I probably won't even watch it.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Either the movie will end book accurately (Batman, Joker, puddles, sirens, and nothing more) or not...if not, I probably won't even watch it.
    Allegedly it will be very faithful, just with a big Batgirl prologue of sorts before the comic story begins.
    Least that's how it seems to be from interviews and such so far.

Incredible Member

Well the animation styles is already disappointing. So she's wrong on that account.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but...it's the Killing Joke, all Batgirl has to do to not disappoint is take a bullet to the spine. Harsh but that's the story.
    Can't have that, though. Somebody on tumblr might complain about it...

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    I'm so iffy about this movie. Been thinking about catching it at theaters, but...I don't know. The animation looks so bad. Maybe being surrounded by Batman fans would make me feel better lol
    Not worth it. Was animated to be direct to video and on top of that the film is incredibly short not worth pay the admission of a ticket. I am just waiting for the Blu-ray.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Not worth it. Was animated to be direct to video and on top of that the film is incredibly short not worth pay the admission of a ticket. I am just waiting for the Blu-ray.
    Wow, I didn't even check the run time. 1hr and 35 minutes is hella short and tickets are going for 11 or 13 bucks or so.
    Superhero shows are trash

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Honestly, she just needs to feature in two scenes, just like in the original comic book: the one where she is shot and the one in the hospital where her paralysis is confirmed. Everything else, ESPECIALLY moments where she is in costume, would (and will) be superfluous. The Killing Joke simply wasn't a story about her and I'm not interested in changing that.
    And yet she was the character most deeply effected by it. Which has always been why, as far as Barbara Gordon goes, TKJ sucks the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And yet she was the character most deeply effected by it. Which has always been why, as far as Barbara Gordon goes, TKJ sucks the big one.
    In YOUR opinion. In mine, it proved to be a gold mine of opportunities, even ones that couldn't have been foreseen at the time. Without her paralysis, Ostrander would have never thought of revitalizing her in his Suicide Squad one and I would have never had the chance to read comic books featuring Oracle, the only incarnation of Barbara Gordon I can bear for more than two vignettes. Is my opinion worthier than yours? Obviously not. Is the reverse true? Ditto.
    Last edited by Powertool; 07-16-2016 at 02:40 AM.