Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh Tomasi you foolish, foolish man, you had me at science assignment, Krypto and Dinosaur Island. These books were already purchased by me before they even hit the shelves.

THIS is what the F$CK I'm talkin bout right here, man. This is some Jonny Quest-type sh!t right here, man! Only Dr. Quest and Race Bannon fused and has super powers, plus Jonny's got powers too, and Bandit has super powers. I freakin love it!!!!

This is the sort of set up I've been championing Superdad all ride or die for. I've been putting my hopes in him for just this sort of idea. Not only does Jon get a SUPER history lesson (Peabody and Sherman-style), but Clark also gets to punch a freakin pterodactyl in the face! Like are you freakin kidding me? Yes, YES, and 1000X YES.

Mama we made it!!
    I'm totally with you there, man! This sounds like it will be a really fun story and I'm looking forward to reading it in all its crazy glory. I want this NOW!
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

so even krypto was tarnished, time to look for a new avatar

Oh man, I'm really excited for the Dino Island story. That cover is ridiculously awesome!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    so even krypto was tarnished, time to look for a new avatar
    How is Krypto tarnished? Did you expect them not to ever use him again?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    How is Krypto tarnished? Did you expect them not to ever use him again?
    superda goes to superzoo with superson and takes superdog.

if the circunstancies were different i would have clearly enjoyed this very idea. right now i just think that that will go the "hey, krypto how were you going boy?!", and they will simply bond as if nothing wrong ever happened. i even fear he goes back to being a dog instead of direwolf just for the good old days tastes.

so yeah, for me, he is as much as tarnished. the only person i wouldnt complain to have krypto in the comics as it is is kara. i may be very wrong, but im biased these days

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hahaha I've missed that meme.

But yeah, Dinosaur Island does sound fun. Hope Krypto is still direwolf version though.
    I know you were one of the first to say you were not liking what was happening in the Superman books but It's good to see that you're kind of warming up to this new direction for Superman.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

But yeah, Dinosaur Island does sound fun. Hope Krypto is still direwolf version though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Oh man, I'm really excited for the Dino Island story. That cover is ridiculously awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm totally with you there, man! This sounds like it will be a really fun story and I'm looking forward to reading it in all its crazy glory. I want this NOW!
    THANK YOU!! Other people realizes how awesome Superman punching dinosaurs in the face while surrounded by World War II relics is gonna be!

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I know you were one of the first to say you were not liking what was happening in the Superman books but It's good to see that you're kind of warming up to this new direction for Superman.
    I will never be a fan of how they worked these things in, and its on that basis I rejected the premise. In the beginning yes I held it against the characters specific because my irritation was all over the map. But its not about the characters in the end. Or the stories. More than anything its the set-up, how you get there. And that still means a lot to me. Continuity in that sense probably always will, while just the same I know there are people out there who don't care about that stuff and never have. But I can always appreciate good art, good writing, and fun. If the stories have that I will definitely point it out when I see it, I won't be that stubborn about it. But for me, on a personal level, the oddities still must be resolved.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I will never be a fan of how they worked these things in, and its on that basis I rejected the premise. In the beginning yes I held it against the characters specific because my irritation was all over the map. But its not about the characters in the end. Or the stories. More than anything its the set-up, how you get there. And that still means a lot to me. Continuity in that sense probably always will, while just the same I know there are people out there who don't care about that stuff and never have. But I can always appreciate good art, good writing, and fun. If the stories have that I will definitely point it out when I see it, I won't be that stubborn about it. But for me, on a personal level, the oddities still must be resolved.

It was the dinosaur punching that got you, wasn't it

It's Superman and dinosaurs, of course it would get to anyone

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

I am way too excited about "Return to Dinosaur Island". The whole premise is amazing, an exaggerated science project, for an exaggerated super-human family. Plus, Krypto!

"Return to the Daily Planet" is very cool too, great cover. But I feel, like I already know how it will play out. I will enjoy it but poor Jurgens is stuck into returning Superman to the status quo. Glad to see a Lois spotlight.

Superwoman, I am not hyped yet, because I want to read the first issue before I get any impression.

Same for Supergirl. Orlando is a good writer though but this is far from Midnighter.

I find it funny that at the same time they are actually going to hand wave having a 40 something woman take over the job of her 20 something doppelganger without anyone supposedly noticing the difference in one book,the other book features the most outwardly silver agey Superman story this side of Grant Morrison.

In fact, when I think about it,the whole Lois pretending to be the other Lois idea itself is something right out of the silver age,an era where President Kennedy once helped Superman out by pretending to be Clark Kent and no one noticed. So, oddly it fits.

I mean....they had me at dinosaurs.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-15-2016 at 04:53 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

I mean... its Superman ...punching dinosaurs! Who cannot get excited about that???

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The reboot really made a interesting Krypto, I'm guessing he's going away in favor of the old school pup?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

By old school, do you mean the super intelligent Krypto, or the barely there version from recent years? It'd be interesting if the latter, given we've had no evidence of this being the Grounded era Superman thus far.