Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I wonder if/how that issue of Earth-2 is going to lead/factor into an Earth-2 Rebirth or the Rebirth JSA plans...
    We know that the Thunderbolt sent the JSA "somewhere". Maybe Earth-2 is a limbo dimension where Jay Garrick, Alan Scott etc were reborn and lived new lives? Maybe they will return to their old selves? A bit like Marvel did with Heroes Reborn and Heroes Return.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    We know that the Thunderbolt sent the JSA "somewhere". Maybe Earth-2 is a limbo dimension where Jay Garrick, Alan Scott etc were reborn and lived new lives? Maybe they will return to their old selves? A bit like Marvel did with Heroes Reborn and Heroes Return.
    It's been leaked (I'll try to find the article) that the JSA will show up in the main universe at their ages when they were thunderbolted or whatever happened to them. So, it will be like the original X-Men showing up in the present time storyline

Astonishing Member

I know. What I'm saying is, maybe the place they were sent to was Earth 2.

Batman 9 - Skipping the Monster Men crossover
    Detective 943 - see above
    Green Arrow 8 & 9
    Wonder Woman 8 & 9

Maybe...
    Suicide Squad 4 & 5.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAGGEDT View Post
    Well, it looks like Marvel plans to ripoff Green Arrow with Hawkeye in "Occupy Avengers," so it all works out!
    "Occupy Avengers?"

Oh my god.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

LOBO'S BACK!?!?!?! how is nobody talking about this? Was he already back and I missed it?

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #1 - Huh? Okay... I'll give it a go, I guess.
    SHADE THE CHANGING GIRL #1 - Now THIS sounds interesting! Weird, but not for the sake of being weird, ESPECIALLY noticeable with the differences in the names! Yes!
    DOOM PATROL #2
    BATMAN BEYOND #1 - Yes! Terry! No more Tim! But "friend" Dana? Okay... guess Terry's staying with Plastique or whoever? Didn't read Futures End. Also, REALLy with those hoop earrings on Max?
    TEEN TITANS #1 - Great evil is obvs Ra's or Talia. Still not sure about Percy.
    ALL STAR BATMAN #3
    AQUAMAN #8
    AQUAMAN #9 - Man, this series has weird arc lengths.
    BATGIRL #4 - This is sounding mroe and more like a Batgirl everyone can enjoy: fun youthful stuff, but still some more compelling stories. So hyped for this
    BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY #3 - "new Oracle" you say? Yes... all the hope! Also, I guess they're not bothering with the Copperhead invented for Arkham Origins. That game was shite, but I liked her design, so that's a bit sad.
    BATMAN #8
    NIGHTWING #6
    DETECTIVE COMICS #942 - This still seems like such a random idea for an event. Oh, giant monsters attack Gotham... and what? And the solicitations sound so generic and dull. Worried about DC doing a crossover so early in Rebirth, especially for series that I hoped would stay separate from each other.
    BATMAN #9 - "I Am X" is gonna be King's thing, isn't it? Sounds interesting, and I hope something intersting is done with Gotham and Gotham Girl. Pretty sure Gotham either dies or goes evil since last month or so's solicitations, but I'd like something to be done with Gotham Girl. Also, I have hope that King can write a good Bane and Waller (still not sure why he didn't get tagged for Suicide Squad).
    DETECTIVE COMICS #943 - Okay, this sounds pretty dumb... like, mid-2000s Marvel civilians crossed over somehow. prove me wrong, Tynion!
    NIGHTWING #7 - YES! Kill the Owls! Kill them all! With fire! They set a new record for how fast they outstayed their welcome! Thank God! Also, the idea of Dick having a weird stalker-mentor is... weirdly compelling! And suits Seeley's pension for creepy stories.
    FLASH #8
    FLASH #9 - Yes! Wally of Two Worlds! And yes, suspicions confirmed: everyone is gonna draw Wally's costume and lightning pretty differently. Don't care, here he's got a nice contrast going with NuWally.
    HELLBLAZER #3 - Giving it an arc.
    SUICIDE SQUAD #4 - Lol. Okay, it might jsut be because of the leak, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lee didn't finish the cover in item for the solicitation. Which would give me so much faith on this coming out in time.
    SUICIDE SQUAD #5
    TITANS #4 - Wally, I love you like a brother. But you better think of a way to save Linda without being a dick! Like, can't the Titans save themselves? Can't you get Barry to do it? C'mon, Wally! Also, time travel! Hunter's not around, just do it, Wally! Screw the timeline, Doctor Manhattan fucked with it already! Make your dreams come true and save her!
    TRINITY #2 - Dat art yo
    WONDER WOMAN #8 - So far enjoying "Year One" and Scott's art way ore than "The Lies" and Sharp's art. And seriously, I swear nothing is happening on Diana's front in "The Lies"; it took like an entire issue for anything to occur.
    DEADMAN DARK MANSION OF FORBIDDEN LOVE #1 - Loved Alex + Ada. Like Deadman. Wish he was back with Dove, but whatever. Will read
    SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED #3

Maybe:
    DEATHSTROKE #4 - I like Priest, but the preview pages didn't give me much hope.
    DEATHSTROKE #5
    GREEN LANTERNS #8 - Why am I still reading this series?! It's so weirdly compelling even though I can see so many flaws whenever I read it!
    GREEN LANTERNS #9 - Great, another all powerful artefact. Yay.
    HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #6 - Just based on the Rebirth issue, not nearly as compelling as Green Lanterns, and I've yet to read anything by Venditti that hasn't been actively trying to lower IQ.
    HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #7
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #6 - Rebirth issue didn't impress me, giving it an arc but not holding my breath.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #7
    HAWKMAN AND ADAM STRANGE OUT OF TIME #1 - Getting more PTSD flashbacks to The Infinitus Saga and I'm already sleepy. For real though, not sure about Andreyko, since all I know him for is a Batwoman run I haven't read but heard mostly sucked and... SOMETHING else I've read, which was obvs not that memorable.
    MIDNIGHTER AND APOLLO #1 - Might trade-wait because it's a mini.
    VIGILANTE SOUTHLAND #1 - Not really looking for a social issues comic from DC. Also doesn't seem taht interesting when I can just read Kill or Be Killed for gritty stuff. Would've preferred a modern coyboy thing, maybe from Gray and Palmiotti since lots of people liked All-Star Western.
    RAVEN #2 - Sounds like fun, typical teen stuff with some possible magic. Cool. Never really cared about Raven though, so we'll see.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

RHatO's cover is weird; either Jason is trying to hold Artemis back from killing Bizarro, in which case, well, good luck, Jaybird. Or he's.. trying to protect her with his gun... Whatevs, hope Lobdell containment continues here, or maybe in a Harvest ongoing or something so Jason and Artemis (and her cool design) can get a decent writer.

"Bizaress" is a weirdly cheesy cool name that I'm surprised nobody came up with before now. Unless they did and I'm a dumb dumb.

That Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary cover is just... Lee, I usually like your art, but those random sketchy lines, mate... Probs gonna go for Scott's, because I'm a sucker for her art. Not sure how they'll differ though: I expect something like different costumes or a combining cover, in which case, getting all of em

Earth 2 Society #17... YES! Total disaster! Burn it all! C'mon, you're just padding time until the JSA come back anyway.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Fantastic Member

And speaking of Scooby-Doo, I'm surprised to hear the great news that beginning this October, SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP goes MONTHLY at issue #19, Thank you DC !
    Quote Originally Posted by RAGGEDT View Post
    Really surprised how well the Hanna-Barbera reboots have been done. Definitely the who'd-a-thunk books. Not saying I'm not loving all Rebirth, but The Flintstones, Scooby-Doo and Future Quest looked like afterthoughts when first announced, but are now things to look forward to. Great job, DC!

I like these. I've been rooting for Barry and Jess for a while.

Really looking forward to that Teen Titans

He-Man/Thundercats is like my 8 year old wet dream! HOOOOOOOOOOO, I HAVE THE POWERRRRR!!!!