Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Abrams on Sulu: 'It's About Time' "Star Trek" Introduced a Gay Character

Abrams praises director Justin Lin and the writers of "Star Trek Beyond" for introducing an LGBT character to the "Star Trek" universe.

Full article here.

BANNED

I agree but i think they went about the wrong way of doing it.

They should have created a new character that was gay instead of just making sulu gay.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Abrams praises the current director and writing staff for something he himself said he would "consider" doing for STID and TFA sequel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Abrams praises the current director and writing staff for something he himself said he would "consider" doing for STID and TFA sequel.
    He is a producer on Beyond.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    He is a producer on Beyond.
    Doesn't mean he gets credit for the new team's decisions and directions. Abrams jumped ship from Star Trek to join Star Wars (as a director and producer). Being a producer could mean anything from him helping fund the movie, to going over scripts and rewriting things, to other producers and directors coming to him with ideas and Abrams giving his opinion on them, or just having his name attached to the project. Either way, Beyond isn't Abrams' vision for the franchise anymore. The same way EP VIII won't be Abrams' vision either going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Doesn't mean he gets credit for the new team's decisions and directions. Abrams jumped ship from Star Trek to join Star Wars (as a director and producer). Being a producer could mean anything from him helping fund the movie, to going over scripts and rewriting things, to other producers and directors coming to him with ideas and Abrams giving his opinion on them, or just having his name attached to the project. Either way, Beyond isn't Abrams' vision for the franchise anymore. The same way EP VIII won't be Abrams' vision either going forward.
    I'm not saying it does. But you brought up the TFA sequel, which isn't a movie he's directing either. Beyond, like one of the movie you also mentioned, is also a movie Abrams is a producer on. Your whole, this Abrams producted movie did something before that Abrams producted movie thing seems like a weird angle to come at when trying to chastise him over a thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    I agree but i think they went about the wrong way of doing it.

They should have created a new character that was gay instead of just making sulu gay.
    Exactly or have the Nacelles to finally make Spock and Kirk a couple