Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Would like to see them bring back Orb (Drake Shannon) as something more akin to a cenobite with a myriad of optical themed abilities bestowed on him by They Who Wield Power, not only would it elevate his status from being a joke but it would make him a rather serious threat. I really like the idea of Orb being able to see through the eyes of others, review the lives/memories of the dead via their eyes, and manifest ocular based powers of other individuals such as Medusa, Cyclops, Eye-boy, Ghost Rider, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I think Quicksilver should have his powers be temporal based. It was a dropped plot line from his solo, and only hinted at in Son of M, so it wouldn't be coming out of nowhere. I think it would go a long way in explaining how he doesn't make sonic booms when he runs halfway across the world in a few seconds, or destroy everything and everyone in his wake (especially in close quarters).
    you're referring to the Nestor subplot?

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Yes. I thought it was interesting, of Pietro literally facing his greatest fear: becoming like his old man. Nestor actually traveled back along his personal timeline, something you're not supposed to do in the Marvel-verse. It would be interesting to find out if that act changed anything. It would also explain why he got time powers when exposed to the terrigen mists, instead of straight super speed.

I always thought Wonderman should have ionic vision. Given he's got glowing red eyes I guess it sort of creates the expection of having eye beams.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I always thought Wonderman should have ionic vision. Given he's got glowing red eyes I guess it sort of creates the expection of having eye beams.
    problem being that, unlike Superman, Simon is his eye beams.

Incredible Member

I know people think of him as a joke but give him a massive overhaul and Stiltman could become pretty interesting. Revamp aesthetics of his costume a bit, equip him with set of interlocking telescoping batons for combat and utility purposes, limit use of telescoping legs for sake of practicality and give him telescoping arms and small caliber firearms for combat purposes. He could be an interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    I know people think of him as a joke but give him a massive overhaul and Stiltman could become pretty interesting. Revamp aesthetics of his costume a bit, equip him with set of interlocking telescoping batons for combat and utility purposes, limit use of telescoping legs for sake of practicality and give him telescoping arms and small caliber firearms for combat purposes. He could be an interesting character.
    he is a joke. other villains think he's a joke. but that has nothing to do with his worth. he's an imaginative creation and has a place in the Marvel Universe. it would be horrible if they stopped using him. that said, I'm liking Lady Stilt-Man more. she's fun in the same way that Squirrel Girl is fun.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he is a joke. other villains think he's a joke. but that has nothing to do with his worth. he's an imaginative creation and has a place in the Marvel Universe. it would be horrible if they stopped using him. that said, I'm liking Lady Stilt-Man more. she's fun in the same way that Squirrel Girl is fun.
    I'm not familiar with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    I'm not familiar with her.
    you're missing out.

flashing back to Dark Reign

Thunderball (Elliot Franklin could have been their dark avenger version of Giant-Man/Goliath)

Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady could have been their dark avenger Yellowjacket)

Moses Magnum (could have been, either, Dark Avenger Wonderman or Power Man w/ ionic powers)

I feel like Micromax would be easier to take seriously if he could somehow make his superhero form be his default form. looking like a pot-bellied troll as a default makes him a joke. it made sense when he was first introduced; in a british-humor sense. but, since then, he has been a part of Excalibur and aided the Avengers. he can still be a blowhard. but I prefer his more mutant-photoshopped look. if they ever rebooted Marvel UK, that's one of the first things that I would change.

While not "new" per say, I do think Medusa's hair is really under-utilized. occasionally you'll see something fun like her picking up multiple weapons with it, but many times its used to raise her up high and strangle people. I';d love to see it really constantly used as an extension of herself ... a limitless supply of limbs for her to leverage.

I'd would be fun to see a queen even in casual panels sitting in a throne of hair and still moving about as limb-like strands fetched her whatever she needed. In fights hair could activly clump like shields whiel other strands pulled and swung and worked instead one one-panel "she wrapped people up".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    flashing back to Dark Reign

Thunderball (Elliot Franklin could have been their dark avenger version of Giant-Man/Goliath)

Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady could have been their dark avenger Yellowjacket)

Moses Magnum (could have been, either, Dark Avenger Wonderman or Power Man w/ ionic powers)
    I like this idea, feel like they would have made more sense than some of the people Marvel was using for the team. Particularly the second iteration.