Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

The Max Landis pitch if you haven't read it...

http://www.maxlandiswrites.com/ghostbusters-iii/

Remember this was just a pitch, and there is no actual draft or script of this. What could have ended up on the screen or the script itself would probably have been vastly tweaked here and there. That being said, I personally think it was a great idea, and probably one of the better one's that would have worked as a direct sequel. Definitely has some of his hipster shit in there, but also a lot of good ideas.

The idea of Ghostbusters ending up becoming a global franchise just seems like one of the roads if very well could have taken after GB 2, and just seems like an idea that makes sense and easy to swallow.

The Pitch is a little more than him just giving his fanfiction idea online. He actually pitched the idea to Sony, who loved it, and all he had to do was talk to Reitman. If Reitman had said yes, then Landis would have gotten a shot at the script. The meeting never took place because Feig had come in and already snatched up the reigns.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 07-17-2016 at 06:25 PM.

BANNED

Sony is committed to the franchise

http://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-2...quel-no-doubt/

Rory Bruer, president of worldwide distribution at Sony, commented that “The Ghostbusters world is alive and well,” adding that he expects Ghostbusters “to become an important brand and franchise” moving forward. While that doesn’t guarantee that it will continue on from the current film instead of a new reboot or spinoff, it seems unlikely that the studio would move forward too quickly with anything other than a sequel to the new film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They really should have done a proper passing of the torch storyline. The Force Awakens, Creed, Star Trek, etc. all had the older/original generation of characters passing the torch to the next generation. I know Bill Murray would never do it and Harold Ramis has died but they could have at least had Ray and Winston along with the new recruits. Kate McKinnon would have been great as Egon's niece or something along those lines. Whoever decided a complete reboot was the way to go should be fired. This could have been something truly special.
    That was Feig.

We can speculate and dream all we want about it, but this hypothetical passing the torch movie was never going to get made. They tried for years to get it made and failed. A new GB only happened because a big-name director was attached and brought along some bankable stars, on the condition of being allowed a fresh start.

BANNED

and if rumors are to be believed, Feig was one of three directors that Sony was looking at for this, and all 3 didn't want to do a sequel but a reboot of sorts

honestly, if people want to be "mad" about not getting a "true sequel", be mad at Bill Murray as he would never get on board the numerous times Ackroyd and Ramis tried to get another installment made

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Of course they have to say this , right now they are hoping (fingers crossed) the film does $400+ million outside the domestic market. The statement also shows , yeah this could likely not get a sequel and we will kick the can a few years down the line again and do a better job at it.

and if rumors are to be believed, Feig was one of three directors that Sony was looking at for this, and all 3 didn't want to do a sequel but a reboot of sorts

honestly, if people want to be "mad" about not getting a "true sequel", be mad at Bill Murray as he would never get on board the numerous times Ackroyd and Ramis tried to get another installment made
    They then should have wrote around it and had Hudson and Ackroyd show up as mentors passing the torch. If it means writing that Peter Venkman has passed away with Egon , you do it. You give it weight ...Peter's son has to step up and take his place. Egon's daughter has to step up...and take that mantle.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

also Blu Ray release just before Halloween (typically its 100-120 days from release date) and if thats strong it will help, I think

BANNED

Also, Murray's the only remaining Ghostbuster with any star power. Aykroyd is completely washed up and Ernie Hudson is literally doing local comic conventions. I saw him at one. They weren't doing a non-reboot without Murray, and Murray wasn't doing it.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 07-17-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Incredible Member

He is a cantankerous bastich sometimes.

Incredible Member

also Blu Ray release just before Halloween (typically its 100-120 days from release date) and if thats strong it will help, I think
    Waiting ... waiting ... Gah! I'm just going to go back and see it again.

I saw it Saturday. I wanted to like it but the humor just fell flat. They only parts I liked were the emphasis on friendship and the cameos from the original movies.

BANNED

fun fact - the movie "Evolution" with David Duchovny and Orlando Jones was a modified version of Ghostbusters 3, according to Ivan Reitman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Also, Murray's the only remaining Ghostbuster with any star power. Aykroyd is completely washed up and Ernie Hudson is literally doing local comic conventions. I saw him at one. They weren't doing a non-reboot without Murray, and Murray wasn't doing it.
    It was only to please Murray that the first one even got made. They had to placate him to replace Belushi who passed away before playing Venkman.

Finally, Dan Aykroyd suggested that Murray agree to do Ghostbusters for Columbia in exchange for green-lighting his passion project, which they did, to the tune of $12 million. “I told them I’m going to do The Razor's Edge or there will be no more Biggie Goes to College Movies,” Murray quipped in an interview with US magazine before the film’s release.
    http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandc...ay-quit-acting

so he was never really passionate about Ghostbusters and only made it so he could do Razor's Edge.
    Last edited by Charlie Rock; 07-17-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Honestly this was another Movie I went Into with lower the on even expectations to it and I was Pleasantly Surprised that I enjoyed it more then I thought.

Yea, Yea, Yea it is NOT the Original it never will be. I thought it could have been better and maybe had more of a feeling of passing the torch, but really I enjoyed it more then I thought I was going to.

It was silly in good ways and enjoyable for that, unapologetic about it. I like a movie that just runs with that. The ghost where very haunted mansion like from Disney, but since they where all most like that I could run with it. The Jokes where funny and each lady while at the start was kind of flat got better as it went on. It is hard for them cause for me they are all New Quantities to audiences, both Bill Murray and Harold Ramis where both very accomplished by this point so the original had that going for it well. The girls pulled off their characters to a reasonably well and likable end.

I like the pace of evolution of both them and their tech, so story holes but nothing to bad that took away from the story.

The Action was Funny, Campy and Corny at times but in the right ways to go with the theme of the Movie.

Best part was that my movie theater tonight was literately 85-90% Fully and the General Feeling I got from all of them was Very Positive, many enjoyed it and walked out happy. I can't say that for at least 1/2 of the movies I saw so far this year.

Over it will NOT be like the Original, but I never ever expected it to be. It was Decent and the Rotten Tomatoes Ranking was pretty on the Mark with my rating. 73% Overall and for me a:

7.5 of 10.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

like that you enjoyed it

here's the thing, the ghosts in GB, from the original films to the cartoons to this one have always been over the top in design

Just like WB gave the green light (no pun intended) to the Green Lantern sequel after the opening weekend was less than stellar. They have to say things like that.