Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Since this thread seems to be wrapping up, it should be noted that in the last week or so Cho has been engaged to provide covers for Harley Quinn. Since that character doesn't have the feminist associations of Wonder Woman, perhaps Cho will be allowed to draw what he wants to draw.
    Cho drawing what he really really wants to draw tends to be stuff DC can't publish.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Must admit that Wonder Woman is one of those (many) characters that I suspect if you were starting from scratch today you never get away with...everybody would fall about laughing.

In particular...in my view...its many a year since her costume made the remotest sense. I mean...what in heavens name..is the function of the bullet proof bracelets once her invulnerability has been cranked up to level she exhibits today?

And what sensible ambassodoress constantly wears a revealing one piece swimsuit at any and all occasions? There are large parts of world where the outfit would outrage large portions of population. You or I might think that view (that dress is unacceptable) is wrong...but an experienced diplomat, wanting to be accepted and respected worldwide would never wear it.

Indeed..in many ways...I wish Greg, or somebody else at DC...had insisted sometime ago on a much more substantial character re-design. Until that happens "worrying" how much panty can be seen in any particular scene feels to me like a near total waste of time.
    Perez did try to have the costume changed but DC wanted to keep it. If he couldn't get away with that, I doubt Rucka could. There have been times she didn't wear the costume to political functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perez did try to have the costume changed but DC wanted to keep it. If he couldn't get away with that, I doubt Rucka could. There have been times she didn't wear the costume to political functions.
    Why did you resurrect a THREE YEAR old thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Why did you resurrect a THREE YEAR old thread ?
    Sorry, just browsing through it and came across that comment. I didn't mean to violate any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry, just browsing through it and came across that comment. I didn't mean to violate any rules.
    I am not aware of any rules that say a thread can't be resurrected. Sometimes it is fun to see what people were saying years ago and add a new perspective. I usually try to find a thread that is already talking
    about something I am interested in too. Not sure what advantage creating a new thread is. Seems like that would just take up more server space for the site.

Anyway, in regards to trying to modernize Wonder Woman's costume there was also the failed Wonder Woman TV pilot where they at least gave her pants and everyone agreed that one was terrible.
    But everyone has pants now, even Supergirl. So something like this might work today. But nice to see the movies kept the classic look. So far anyway.

Bare legs for someone who's near invulnerable makes more sense than that top for anyone doing anything active.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Bare legs for someone who's near invulnerable makes more sense than that top for anyone doing anything active.
    Tell me about it. I'm actually fine with the leotard look for various female characters (though I really do like the new skirt look on WW), but I want the top big enough that the breasts would actually stay inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am not aware of any rules that say a thread can't be resurrected. Sometimes it is fun to see what people were saying years ago and add a new perspective. I usually try to find a thread that is already talking
    about something I am interested in too. Not sure what advantage creating a new thread is. Seems like that would just take up more server space for the site.

Anyway, in regards to trying to modernize Wonder Woman's costume there was also the failed Wonder Woman TV pilot where they at least gave her pants and everyone agreed that one was terrible.
    But everyone has pants now, even Supergirl. So something like this might work today. But nice to see the movies kept the classic look. So far anyway.

I don't recall people having an issue with the pants per say, so much as the plot and the way Diana was written.

I love this thread!

Tempest_in_a_teapot.jpg
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Spectacular Member

For supergirl it actually makes sens, since she fly and each time people look up they would see something they are not supposed to.
    If you don't believe me, go in the street and try to look under women's skirt. How did it go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    For supergirl it actually makes sens, since she fly and each time people look up they would see something they are not supposed to.
    If you don't believe me, go in the street and try to look under women's skirt. How did it go ?
    It is a rather weird peek-a-boo effect, isn't it. Wearing pants you actually see more of what is under the skirt. That was sort of why Superman had trunks. When Melissa was wearing the skirt there would be an occasional upskirt scene
    and all you saw was the bottom part of the top. Basically she was wearing a leotard with a skirt over it. And there were tights under the leotard. She wasn't even bare legged like Wonder Woman was in the movie.

Spectacular Member

Yes but it doesn't mean women can't find it offensive. In that regard i understand the choice of a pant instead of a skirt

BANNED

50 pages of a bunch of dudes talking about what women should wear

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    a bunch of dudes
    Presumably
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith