Default Would Anyone Like To See Volcana From S:TAS Be Brought Into The Comics?

I understand the Superman: TAS show is divisive on this board (I have some issues with myself) but one of the things I did like was it's creation of new villains like Volcana. Since Livewire was eventually used in the comics, I thought it would be nice to see Volcana brought in as well. I liked her power set and backstory and I think she'd make a nice addition to the DCU. I was thinking of introducing her in the Supergirl comics as one of her villains or maybe making her an ally of sorts.

Thoughts?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I understand the Superman: TAS show is divisive on this board (I have some issues with myself) but one of the things I did like was it's creation of new villains like Volcana. Since Livewire was eventually used in the comics, I thought it would be nice to see Volcana brought in as well. I liked her power set and backstory and I think she'd make a nice addition to the DCU. I was thinking of introducing her in the Supergirl comics as one of her villains or maybe making her an ally of sorts.

Thoughts?
    If she is magic or red-sun energy-based, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Thoughts?
    I could see a revamped Volcana making a debut in the comics. Maybe something like this?

by Swenom

I always say: Keep villains ultimately villainous and heroes ultimately heroic. Give Volcana complexity if you like, but as long as Volcana remains on the wrong side of the law, I'm fine with bringing her into the comics.

Although, I'd rather her be primarily an enemy of Supergirl as opposed to Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    If she is magic or red-sun energy-based, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.
    Why magic or red sun?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Why magic or red sun?
    it can physically hurt Superman with magic and/or Red Sun. The only real threat she ever posed to Superman animated was that of hurting bystanders. I prefer villains that can physically hurt Superman, because such stakes are my preference for a supervillain in general.

Actually there's a way she can hurt Kryptonians. Drain the heat from their bodies.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Yeah, the one disappointment I had with Timm/Dini is how the villains that they made in the Superman Animated series weren't quite the hits that Harley Quinn was with Batman, most likely because they didn't get Batman all that well. I mean, what did Volcana do? she fought Superman, but after that, she wasn't all that much of a challenge for Supergirl, and Livewire is now getting beat by Batgirl. Not saying that's all bad, but they should honestly be tweaking with Volcana in terms of her formidability to make her a Superman/Supergirl villain that sticks. I know I sound like a pessimist, but I do think it's possible, just will take some creativity and someone who understands the capabilities of Superman well.

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Yeah, the one disappointment I had with Timm/Dini is how the villains that they made in the Superman Animated series weren't quite the hits that Harley Quinn was with Batman, most likely because they didn't get Batman all that well. I mean, what did Volcana do? she fought Superman, but after that, she wasn't all that much of a challenge for Supergirl, and Livewire is now getting beat by Batgirl. Not saying that's all bad, but they should honestly be tweaking with Volcana in terms of her formidability to make her a Superman/Supergirl villain that sticks. I know I sound like a pessimist, but I do think it's possible, just will take some creativity and someone who understands the capabilities of Superman well.
    Well Livewire is currently on the Supergirl tv series and seems to be well received. So there might be hope for Volcana.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Well Livewire is currently on the Supergirl tv series and seems to be well received. So there might be hope for Volcana.
    Hope so.

Sorry, I mistyped with Batman instead of Superman, sorry, my bad!

I just hope that Livewire, Volcana are well written to be repeat villains with Supergirl. Animated Supergirl owned Volcana pretty quick when she showed up in the series.