Mighty Member

Default Marvel Fresh Start what do you think?

I think this Fresh start that marvel came out with in fall 2018 is the Best Marvel has been in a long time Venom and Immortal Hulk are 2 of the best titles marvel is putting out right now. Im loving all the books Amazing Spider-man the X-books ect

So far so good. Hopefully it's the only relaunch under CB. Or one of the few. I can be realistic.

Cap, great. Iron Man, great. Daredevil, looks to be great. Spidey, great. X-Men, return to great. Stan would be proud.

Extraordinary Member

The break from events has made me hyped for War of the Realms and Age of X-Man.

The most Marvel I have read in my life time and I’m LOVING IT! I am reading and excited about so many books!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I have to say I'm really enjoying it. All the books I get are all really good.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

I am not really happy with the way they are making cosmic comics , especially Cates' GOTG . I know many fans like reading Venom as well as MKS and i also like reading those comics .
    But on the contrary to others i hate Cates's cosmic comics due to how he is treating one of the most iconic Marvel villains of all time i.e Thanos . Starlin/Giffen/Abnett/Lanning are way better than Cates .

Other than that I am really liking Ewing's Immortal Hulk , Coates' Captain America as well as Slott's Tony Stark: Iron Man .

Aaron's Avengers are still giving some rather bad moments but it's good to see they are trying get in the line and make good story lines . But his Thor comics were same old same old with Thor and Odin .

I am very pleased with the direction of everything except X-Men, which I am very displeased with. I'm also very displeased about Stevil's extended jail sentence.

Astonishing Member

If I was to pick a thing that still annoys me it would be that I feel that the publishing line still feels disjointed, it still doesn't feel as though these characters share the same universe in many ways, but it's better than it was

To me at least

That aside,

I do think a lot of the books have much tighter stories from what I hear, with a more marvel feel, but I only read a few every issue

Those I am reading I am mostly very happy with, though I'm sticking with Avengers out of "loyalty", but it seems to be hitting the right notes generally

I do think generally that things are better than previously where I felt a couple of events, CW2 and secret empire, had damaged a lot of books and some characters

Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm also very displeased about Stevil's extended jail sentence.
    I'm sure we'll see him in either Cap or Punisher, or both, sooner than later.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I hope they keep doing fresh starts because it makes it very easy for new comic readers like me to get into series that would otherwise be daunting (e.g. I will read Daredevil when it starts over but I would not have known where to start with 600+ issues).
    Baby Thanos

I am not sure I have noticed much difference. Maybe it was mear marketing? Whether it was designed to placate the baying mobs, or just a shiny gloss placed on the ongoing endeavour to bring us new books.

Are we to take the praise that belongs to these books and place it at the feet of the new Editor in Chief? I hardly think that is what CB sought. No, the Fresh Start was entirely rhetorical, and to consider it a tangible movement would be entirely missing what makes modern Marvel so interesting. The current movement began many years ago, took full form with Marvel Now and will hopefully continue to thrive under new management. Let’s hope the new leadership doesn’t try and change the successful formula too much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am not sure I have noticed much difference. Maybe it was mear marketing? Whether it was designed to placate the baying mobs, or just a shiny gloss placed on the ongoing endeavour to bring us new books.

Are we to take the praise that belongs to these books and place it at the feet of the new Editor in Chief? I hardly think that is what CB sought. No, the Fresh Start was entirely rhetorical, and to consider it a tangible movement would be entirely missing what makes modern Marvel so interesting. The current movement began many years ago, took full form with Marvel Now and will hopefully continue to thrive under new management. Let’s hope the new leadership doesn’t try and change the successful formula too much.
    For my observations it was more just a bit of a jumping on point for a few books, ( or off I suppose ) like hulk, thor, avengers, FF, some more to

in that sense I think it was nice in that it didn't feel to me like it overdid the line but gave some people a nice gateway
    Last edited by kilderkin; 11-21-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

This is how it should always be. When all the major trains are still on track, when big changes don't have to be made by new higher-ups, when editors have to do as little work as possible, those are all of the signs of a healthy and successful line.