Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Got that makes my skin crawl since we know he's not talking about AIM there.
    RIGHT?? I was growing physically tense as I read their discussion -- er, sorry -- as I read Steve talking AT Roberto. Just.....<shivers> ....Ugh.

How does Ewing manage to capture Hydra Steve so damn well???? Also, it's amazing how people still complain about Sunspot beating Maker. Not only has Sunspot been doing heroics FAR longer than Maker but Maker said that he's been acting weird in this new universe.

I would want to see a "Captain Britain and the MI-13" series with CB being Faiza Hussain and the team being the "Champions of Europe."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    How does Ewing manage to capture Hydra Steve so damn well???? Also, it's amazing how people still complain about Sunspot beating Maker. Not only has Sunspot been doing heroics FAR longer than Maker but Maker said that he's been acting weird in this new universe.
    ....Just been following the direction that Nick Spencer has set out for Steve Rogers within the SR: CAPTAIN AMERICA Series and Al Ewing really gets the impression of truly understand him as well.....

.......Also, not everybody understand the complete history that Sunspot has experienced; prior to him (and Sam/Cannonball) joining the Avengers.

WTF? Why does Sunspot still have M-pox now that the terrigen cloud has been destroyed?

U.S.AVENGERS #8
    AL EWING (W) • PACO MEDINA (A/C)
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    • Squirrel Girl and Enigma continue the fight against HYDRA’s forces in Europe!
    • Meanwhile, in a deep, dark cell, Roberto Da Costa is dying by degrees as his M-Pox runs out of control.
    • Can Dr. Toni Ho save them both...or will she follow her father’s legacy to the end?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    WTF? Why does Sunspot still have M-pox now that the terrigen cloud has been destroyed?
    Because Sunspot was exposed to the Terrigen Cloud sometime ago (as this was revealed during the NEW AVENGERS Series) and destroying said cloud doesn't guarantee that the effects caused by M-Pox has been undone.

According to Beast the inhuman mist affects mutants on different forms so it is not possible to create a universal cure since it would be necessary to create several cures depending on each mutant and how it is affected.

Some like Rogue managed to survive (a specific remedy was created for her), others were not affected and some died. Probably in the case of Sunspot its variation of the disease is more severe and without known cure

U.S.AVENGERS #8
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    • Meanwhile, in a deep, dark cell, Roberto Da Costa is dying by degrees as his M-Pox runs out of control.
    • Can Dr. Toni Ho save them both...or will she follow her father’s legacy to the end?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    This reminds me that I still really want to see Tony meet Toni.

Curious to see how much her method of saving Roberto will mimic her father's attempts to save Tony.

Just because it got destroyed doesn't mean the symptoms magically go away.

U.S.AVENGERS #8
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Man I'm so excited for this issue! Finally one centred on Toni! And yeah I'm with Frontier I really wanna see what would happen if she meets Tony.

U.S.AVENGERS #8
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    They will get rid of his mpox in that issue or # 9

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I thought he didn't have the M-Pox, he just let people believe that because using his powers was making him weaker. Am I misremembering that?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

^You are. The M-pox caused him to age when he used his powers, hence the grey streak in his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Just because it got destroyed doesn't mean the symptoms magically go away.
    Which is probably something the people involved in IvX should have considered, but that entire thing was a complete ****-show from the start, so it's not surprising that they would completely forget that tons of infected mutants are still going to die.

Yeah, the X books have completely dropped the M-pox plot, so I assumed that with the cloud gone, so is the disease.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, the X books have completely dropped the M-pox plot, so I assumed that with the cloud gone, so is the disease.
    .....And if you've read ROYALS #2; it's been revealed that a certain Royal Member of the InHumans is also dealing with more of the Terrigen Cloud's destruction in a unexpected way.....!!

....Anyway, the Readers'll learn more regarding Sunspot's current situation soon enough.......