Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    this went off the rails fast
    Truth, but I'm still hyped for this series!

BANNED

looks like we aren't gonna be getting much more info until the solicits hit next week(if USAvengers is out in october that is)

looks like we aren't gonna be getting much more info until the solicits hit next week(if USAvengers is out in october that is)
    A suprise New Avegners #17?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Wow this is weird. Not only New Avengers concludes with an odd number #17, it is not included in the Vol 3 trade (#12-#16).
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

BANNED

it's weird that they are waiting another month to start USAvengers

They probably wanted to launch it the month after New Avengers ends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They probably wanted to launch it the month after New Avengers ends.
    they didn't wait for ANAD Avengers to conclude before they put out Champions

they didn't wait for ANAD Avengers to conclude before they put out Champions
    Technically, Avengers is the one replacing ANAD Avengers, not Champions. Champions is a spin-off, but it's not actually replacing the main Avengers book like USAvengers is replacing New.

If Champions is replacing anything, it's The Vision, because it continues Viv's story.
    Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Wow this is weird. Not only New Avengers concludes with an odd number #17, it is not included in the Vol 3 trade (#12-#16).
    They probably extended the run by an issue, and it'll be added to the TPB before it gets published. Happened with Secret Wars last year, an advertised eight issues became nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    even if it's obviously satire? the financier of the team is a Brazilian football-playing mutant.
    And for me the fact that it's a satire is why I won't buy it. Nothing wrong with a bit of patriotism, I've always loved my Marvel patriotic heroes.

To paraphrase, Self-love is not so vile a sin as self-neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I wish Marvel would start reminding colour artists that Sunspot is black. Afro-Brazilian, not Latino.
    "Latino" isn't really a race, but a catchall term for a bunch of ethnic mixes. Any mix of White, Black and Native American is thrown into the Latino box in US.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The US Government's OMB has defined Hispanic or Latino people as being those who "trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Central and South America, and other Spanish cultures."[12] The United States Census uses the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Dominican, Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race."[13] The Census Bureau also explains that "[o]rigin can be viewed as the heritage, nationality group, lineage, or country of birth of the person or the person’s ancestors before their arrival in the United States. People who identify their origin as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be of any race."[14] Hence the US Census and the OMB are using the terms differently. The US Census and the OMB use the terms in an interchangeable manner, where both terms are synonyms. The AP Stylebook's recommended usage of Latino in Latin America includes not only persons of Spanish-speaking ancestry, but also more generally includes persons "from — or whose ancestors were from — . . . Latin America, including Brazilians."[11] However, in the recent past, the term "Latinos" was also applied to people from Caribbean region, including people from former Dutch and British colonies.
    Yeah, I know Wikipedia isn't that a reliable source, but that quote includes references to the Us Government's Office of Management and Budget, the US Census Bureau and the AP Stylebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    The U.S. government wants to replace SHIELD, hence why they go to AIM to have them defend American interests.
    Maria Hill has truly managed to screw SHIELD down to a new level of awfulness.. The US Government would trust an ex-terrorist organization run by a foreigner mutant rather than SHIELD run by her...

By the way, what are the Complex people going to say? A mutant is The Man now!
    Last edited by Habis; 07-26-2016 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    And for me the fact that it's a satire is why I won't buy it. Nothing wrong with a bit of patriotism, I've always loved my Marvel patriotic heroes.

To paraphrase, Self-love is not so vile a sin as self-neglect.
    If you actually read Al Ewing's interview, apparently he's going to show his take on American patriotism

“I’m interested in America, in exploring the reasons I like your country and love your citizens,” Ewing said. “I don’t think patriotism should be uncritical or unthinking — we’re seeing in Britain where that leads, and it’s horrible. I’m afraid for us. But that urge to love and care for the home you’ve made, whether you were born to it or chose it or fled to it, that’s worth something. People use it as a weapon, but it’s also an engine that drives great positive change in our communities.”
    Satire does not equal absolute rejection.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 07-26-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Ewing said on Twitter that they've got plans for New Avengers #18, then it continued in USAvengers. Also some political stuff.

OP I found a better tag line to replace "Americans Assemble For The Avengers!":
    "Make Avengers Great Again!", personally endorsed by Al Ewing, found in his exclusive interview: http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-avengers.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    If you actually read Al Ewing's interview, apparently he's going to show his take on American patriotism

Satire does not equal absolute rejection.
    Sounds distinctly like Ewing rejects patriotism when it doesn't do the things he wants it to. I've been a fan of his work, but it'd be a shame if he goes crazy with Brexit allegories in this book. People don't read books to be insulted.