View Poll Results: Would You Like To See Black Cat Wearing The Venom Symbiote?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Great Idea

11 42.31%
  • No, Bad Idea

15 57.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I think by default they aren't supposed to be evil, but feeding off the negative emotions of their hosts can warp them.
    And in turn, warp the hosts in a kind of feedback cycle that drives both host and symbiote insane and transforms them into murderous monsters. All the same, Felicia as the host of the Venom symbiote would be an interesting twist, though I've already seen plenty of fan-art of the Holy Trinity of Spider-Man's love interests --- Mary Jane, Gwen, and Felicia --- bonded to symbiotes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No, no, no, no, NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad enough is that I keep seeing Black Cat as a villain as a consequence of the stinking "Superior Spider-Junk", now they want to do this for another Venom obssessed with Spider-Man?!! Seriously, what are they thinking?!!!

If they want a female symbiote, I can offer them a good perfect idea: Shriek with the female symbiote Scream.

In the videogame "Spider-Man: Web of Shadows", we already saw the result of that. First as a monster-boss Spider-Man has to defeat, then as a "Venom-Cat" in the bad ending of the game. I admit it would be interesting to see Felicia with a Venom Symbiote in her classic status quo, but not like this.

Only thing positive, however, would be that if Cat-Venom tries to possess Spider-Man to crush him from the inside, she could explore his mind and discover how it was actually Doctor Octopus who made that to her, not the real Spidey. Aside of that, this is a stupidity!!!

Also, it doesn't suit very well if, according to the Marvel Previews revealed recently, Black Cat is now going to be regular in Hellcat's comic.
    At this point, it's just speculation. We don't know what Marvel's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    While I like that, I would hate to see she going by Venom instead of Black Cat. Hate it.
    Venom might sell better as a title, but it would be interesting to have a host who goes by a different name in the comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'd say no. I'm far from an expert on her, but she's plenty powerful enough already. The nearest equivalent I can think of is that this would be like if DC were to give Black Canary Clayface's powers or something. It's too much.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

It's definitely interesting on paper. It also wouldn't be the first time Felicia has been teamed with a symbiote in extended Spider-Man media - she was infected with one in the video game Web Of Shadows, and if you chose to not cure her the ending had her and Spidey together ruling New York all evil like.
    However, she already has an identity as Black Cat. This isn't like Flash Thompson gaining powers, it's more like swapping them. I think it'd just be a band-aid for the problems with her character, a short term solution. I'd much rather they try and put the effort into her character as if rather than foisting some new status quo on her half-assed like they already have.
    If it's true.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    In the videogame "Spider-Man: Web of Shadows", we already saw the result of that. First as a monster-boss Spider-Man has to defeat, then as a "Venom-Cat" in the bad ending of the game. I admit it would be interesting to see Felicia with a Venom Symbiote in her classic status quo, but not like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    It's definitely interesting on paper. It also wouldn't be the first time Felicia has been teamed with a symbiote in extended Spider-Man media - she was infected with one in the video game Web Of Shadows, and if you chose to not cure her the ending had her and Spidey together ruling New York all evil like.

Yeah, I was reminded of Web of Shadows as well. That ending with Black Cat was awesome and there should have been a sequel based it!
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-20-2016 at 02:34 AM.