View Poll Results: Would You Like To See Black Cat Wearing The Venom Symbiote?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Great Idea

11 42.31%
  • No, Bad Idea

15 57.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Cat Wearing The Venom Symbiote?

ComicXposure have an exclusive variant for ASM #16 should Felicia (Black Cat) wearing the Venom Symbiote. My question is, with the new Venom series in October, what if Felicia was the one wearing the symbiote.

Me, I would see no problem with her wearing the symbiote, because, she would actually finally have her own book. At least for a while. And maybe due to the symbiote we would actually get to find out what's really going on in her head, because she wouldn't be able to hold things in.

To Purchase
    ASM #16 Comicxposure Guillem March Color Ex
    ASM #16 Comicxposure Guillem March B&W Ex

I'm really hoping not because with Felicia's current state, it'd just be their way of loopholing having a Venom who hates Spider-Man since Eddie has long since developed past that point.

Astonishing Member

Nearly anything is an improvement over heel baddie Black Cat. Only writer to make it work was Gerry Conway in The Amazing Spider-Man: Spiral.

Incredible Member

It really does depend on the Felicia they use. If its Normal Felicia then it's interesting. If it's Fauxlecia then no it's not.

Obviously the execution matters, but I think the premise holds some potential.

That being said, I prefer that Flash be Venom pretty much indefinitely.

-Pav, who thinks he's the best Venom possible...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

iMan 42s

I'm going to say no to this but I will admit it has potential. It's just that in Felicia's current state it would just be Venom with "bad luck" powers.
    If anyone I want to see as a new Venom, it would be Kaine.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Sure, I'd give it a read.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It makes sense. She currently hates Spider-Man almost as much as Brock did. And she's well-known enough that it would be a big deal.

It's a concept with some potential.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

That would definitely be something.

In fact, if she originally had the symbiote it actually would've made her heel turn more believable since it would have pushed her contempt over the edge.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That would definitely be something.

In fact, if she originally had the symbiote it actually would've made her heel turn more believable since it would have pushed her contempt over the edge.
    Isn't the current stance on the Symbiotes that they don't make their hosts evil?

Astonishing Member

No, no, no, no, NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad enough is that I keep seeing Black Cat as a villain as a consequence of the stinking "Superior Spider-Junk", now they want to do this for another Venom obssessed with Spider-Man?!! Seriously, what are they thinking?!!!

If they want a female symbiote, I can offer them a good perfect idea: Shriek with the female symbiote Scream.

In the videogame "Spider-Man: Web of Shadows", we already saw the result of that. First as a monster-boss Spider-Man has to defeat, then as a "Venom-Cat" in the bad ending of the game. I admit it would be interesting to see Felicia with a Venom Symbiote in her classic status quo, but not like this.

Only thing positive, however, would be that if Cat-Venom tries to possess Spider-Man to crush him from the inside, she could explore his mind and discover how it was actually Doctor Octopus who made that to her, not the real Spidey. Aside of that, this is a stupidity!!!

Also, it doesn't suit very well if, according to the Marvel Previews revealed recently, Black Cat is now going to be regular in Hellcat's comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It makes sense. She currently hates Spider-Man almost as much as Brock did. And she's well-known enough that it would be a big deal.

It's a concept with some potential.
    While I like that, I would hate to see she going by Venom instead of Black Cat. Hate it.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    While I like that, I would hate to see she going by Venom instead of Black Cat. Hate it.
    I'm with you, pal. Well, I guess she could go by the name "Black Venom" or something. Also, knowing Felicia, I seriously doubt she would like the teeth and tongue of classic Venom.

Besides, there's one big problem here. Don't you remember the first time Felicia and Venom met? Venom practically smashed Felicia's face to the floor; not too different from the beating she received from "Superior Spider-Junk". And now you are telling me she's going to bond with the very same creature that beat her before? That is so many levels of wrong.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Isn't the current stance on the Symbiotes that they don't make their hosts evil?
    I think by default they aren't supposed to be evil, but feeding off the negative emotions of their hosts can warp them.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spectacular Member

At this point I'd definitely give it a shot, couldn't be worse than what's she's saddled with at the moment right? Especially if it gave Felicia her own ongoing.