Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Titles / Characters you miss

I was going thru some of the boxes in my collection and realized there were a few titles that I wouldn't mind seeing revived.

Travis Morgan, WARLORD. Only if it were done by Mike Grell. The non-Grell attempted revival was just not well executed. It is totally Grell's character and the world of Skartaris and its inhabitants are his as well. Maybe a return in a graphic novel? I would just like to see some new Warlord material. And, YES, I'm aware Grell killed the character last time around.

BLACK LIGHTNING. Again, a. Character that should be 'rebirthed' with Tony Isabella writing. Recently reread the original series and realized how far from the initial concept the character has moved. Let To y move Jefferson back to his original concept. And while they're at it, lose the daughters not created until well after Tony had control over his creation.

Finally, I'm always open to a revival of BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS.

Who are you missing??

I could wait until I got a few ideas, but what the heck, let's throw ideas out individually to build up my post count.

Thriller. It's got to be by Robert Loren Fleming or someone who can recreate that brilliance and not the sub par work that came after Fleming left. Actually, now that i think about it, an updating of characters to reflect what scientific advancement has happened in the last 30 years and kick that up to the near future setting.

Young Animal Thriller

How could you not miss a book featuring a clone of Elvis?

BANNED

JSA mostly, Earth 2 certainly didn't fill the gap for me.
    Checkmate although it's been a while.
    And the real Helena Bertinelli (not the N52 replacement)

Hmmm...

A proper JLI. Maybe even call them "Global Guardians". Just not "Super Buddies". Something that actually shows the characters a bit more respect.

Legion. Or rather the worlds of Legion. The great, huge mythology built upon the Legion worlds, United Planets and Science Police. Complete with Interlac.
    So much potential.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Hmmm...

A proper JLI. Maybe even call them "Global Guardians". Just not "Super Buddies". Something that actually shows the characters a bit more respect.

Legion. Or rather the worlds of Legion. The great, huge mythology built upon the Legion worlds, United Planets and Science Police. Complete with Interlac.
    So much potential.
    I sort of miss Legion but it's the original Legion I miss, too many of the revisions didn't work for me especially the one where they turned Projectra into a giant snake thing. You're right Legion has fantastic potential but it's too often missed when the books are actually done.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Finally, I'm always open to a revival of BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS.
    This. Definitely this. Also JSA, Brave and the Bold, and Adventure Comics.

I want to see Bette Kane again and find out what she's been up to while in limbo.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I agree with the JLI, but I am not sure about the "respect" part. I used to enjoy reading those because it was comedy. I learned that DC will bring back Six-pack, very likely with a crude, dirty humor. So there's space for a more clean, light-hearted and inteligent comedy with JLI.
    And, to add another title, I found DIAL H very entertaining and unique. I would not mind a new mini-series with those characters.

Too many to list

I was a big fan of Helena Kosmatos, the "Golden Age Fury" (although she wasn't really). It's a strange thing, since I am generally a big Wonder Woman fan, and Helena/Fury was just a last-minute replacement that Roy Thomas (trouper that he is) came up with when they pulled the rug out from under him and told him he couldn't keep Earth-2 after Crisis on Infinite Earths, and that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, and Aquaman (but not Hawkman and Hawkgirl) would have to be removed from the JSA/All-Star Squadron due to duplication conflicts.

But what can I say? He just did a great job, tying her into the Furies of Greek myth but giving her a relly good human backstory and character. I always wanted to know more about her: who was the father of her daughter Hippolyta Treveor (later Hall) - the Fury of Infinity, Inc. - why she left her behind with adoptive parents, where she went, that kind of thing. There was so much more to tell.

Neil Gaiman used her, implicitly, in Sandman's The Kindly Ones, to great and subtle effect. Then a writer who didn't know much about her brought her back - de-aged, insane, no evidence that she even had a daughter - as a secondary character in a Wonder Woman story, and everything that followed was just character assassination. I have headcanon for setting that all aside. (Basically, the Fury we were seeing was a dream version created by Helena's grandson Daniel, who had become Dream of the Endless - but the dream version went wrong, as they sometimes do.)

Then The New 52 came along and any hope of seeing more of her, having her mysteries resolved, and so on, just disappeared.

I'm also a fan of Halo, although I wasn't thrilled with every twist and turn of her story. She's just been reintroduced into the DCU, so we'll see where that goes.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

The titles I miss have already been mentioned: a "classic" version of the Legion and the JSA (pre-Flashpoint).

Just a few:
    The first version of The Legion of Super-Heroes.
    The Elongated Man and Sue.
    The Classic JSA.
    The original Outsiders.
    Kater Hol and Shayera Thal. Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I was a big fan of Helena Kosmatos, the "Golden Age Fury" (although she wasn't really). It's a strange thing, since I am generally a big Wonder Woman fan, and Helena/Fury was just a last-minute replacement that Roy Thomas (trouper that he is) came up with when they pulled the rug out from under him and told him he couldn't keep Earth-2 after Crisis on Infinite Earths, and that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, and Aquaman (but not Hawkman and Hawkgirl) would have to be removed from the JSA/All-Star Squadron due to duplication conflicts.

But what can I say? He just did a great job, tying her into the Furies of Greek myth but giving her a relly good human backstory and character. I always wanted to know more about her: who was the father of her daughter Hippolyta Treveor (later Hall) - the Fury of Infinity, Inc. - why she left her behind with adoptive parents, where she went, that kind of thing. There was so much more to tell.

Neil Gaiman used her, implicitly, in Sandman's The Kindly Ones, to great and subtle effect. Then a writer who didn't know much about her brought her back - de-aged, insane, no evidence that she even had a daughter - as a secondary character in a Wonder Woman story, and everything that followed was just character assassination. I have headcanon for setting that all aside. (Basically, the Fury we were seeing was a dream version created by Helena's grandson Daniel, who had become Dream of the Endless - but the dream version went wrong, as they sometimes do.)

Then The New 52 came along and any hope of seeing more of her, having her mysteries resolved, and so on, just disappeared.

I'm also a fan of Halo, although I wasn't thrilled with every twist and turn of her story. She's just been reintroduced into the DCU, so we'll see where that goes.
    I lived both Furies. It would be so easy to reintroduce if not both then certainly the original and give her a place in the new world.
    I definitely miss the JSA as well as Infinity Inc. Earth 2 (and what they have done with SuperPower Girl) is heartbreaking.
    Amethyst, princess of Gemworld is another. While I liked the Sword of Sorcery revival, I really wish they would return the character to her roots. In today's market of making books that have a strong appeal for girls, Amethyst should be a no Brainerd.
    I second Bette Kane, Flamebird and the Outsiders

I loved Tim's Robin and Red Robin series, but the New52 Tim Drake is a total different person, because he lost his history, personality, friends and family connections. If his memories came back after the heroes defeat Dr. Manhattan, I would like to read about him in a solo. The new Detective Comics is a good start, but that's still not my Tim, not entirely. I want that Tim, who was worthy the title "Detective" from Ra's al Ghul himself. By the way, his "new" costume is terrible, kill it with fire.
    Last edited by shadowsgirl; 07-16-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Bart Allen/Impulse