Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Mine is actually out there... i mean it's published... But i can't bring myself to buy it cause eveyone says it's super crapy. The Teen Titans... i enjoyed Geoff Johns's run so much, i hope a run which's that good comes someday... I don't have stomach for bad comics anymore, i will probably wait for an omnibus HC or something that will say this is so good to buy Teen Titans again.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    JSA mostly, Earth 2 certainly didn't fill the gap for me.
    Checkmate although it's been a while.
    And the real Helena Bertinelli (not the N52 replacement)
    I'm not familiar with checkmate. Can anyone inform me?

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

The Legion
    The All-Star Squadron
    The original Checkmate
    The original Outsiders
    Infinity Inc.
    The Young All-Stars
    Freedom Fighters
    The not-bald Captain Atom
    Wild Dog

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    I sort of miss Legion but it's the original Legion I miss, too many of the revisions didn't work for me especially the one where they turned Projectra into a giant snake thing. You're right Legion has fantastic potential but it's too often missed when the books are actually done.
    I also miss the Legion, and the potential it had. As for other characters, Captain Atom (though NOT his New 52 incarnation which sucked) and Red Tornado who was once my favorite Justice Leaguer back in the 80's.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Another book (so I can secretly build up my post count, but wait, if it's a secret, am I thwarting mtself by saying this?).

Donovan Flint and the Star Hunters. A group of folks poisoned by a Earth ruling corporation so that if they ever returned to earth, they'd die painfully. How much more could be done with a 21st century knowledge and attitude provide to the "evil corporation"?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Holy crap do I miss Aztek, the Ultimate Man.

Zauriel, Mon-El/Valor, the entire Legion.

I think I might be the only one around, but I do kind of miss the Eradicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Vericc View Post
    I'm not familiar with checkmate. Can anyone inform me?
    Checkmate was a comic about a spy organization, within the DC universe. It was written by Alan Kupperburg; but, never quite achieved its potential. The filed agents appeared in a very superhero-esque knight costume. Later, in that hole Infinite Crisis mes, they were footsoldiers for Max Lord. That mini screwed up so many good characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    Since we can't have Paul Kirk, I'd go with the clone from SSOV.
    Legion for sure.
    Helena Wayne's back, even if she's not quite the original she'll do in a pinch.
    All-Star Squadron.

- Basically I want the classic Earth 2 and the new one.
    He was destroyed blowing up a boom tube, within SSSV; not that death is an obstacle these days. That was supposed to be the point of Paul De Kirk, in Power Company, that he was a clone of Paul Kirk who kind of "broke programming" and tried to live up to his template, even as he gave a persona of being a mercenary. Of course, he was killed off in the Kate Spencer series.

I always felt you could bring Kirk back, without going too far into resurrecting the dead. I had the idea when the Mark Shaw series was ongoing. At one point, Mark Shaw was working with a salvage group, in Australia. Kirk had been name dropped in the opening Dumas storyline. It hit me that the Council's base had been in Australia. I envisioned a story where a Manhunter was seen in various locales, as in the original series. Christine Spar would investigate and hire Mark Shaw to help her, as she was retired from Interpol and they didn't buy her tales of a revived Paul Kirk. The Australian salvage team would undertake an excavation of the Council base site. There, we would discover that the stasis tubes were still intact and operable and that Paul Kirk, who we didn't actually see die, (depending on how you interpret the explosion and the radiation and the fact that the explosion you see is projected upwards, away from the base), is lying in one of them. He is alive and healed. he would be released and would recount that he crawled into one, just to lie down and finally die, after being ravaged by the radiation unleashed by the thought machine and the systems activated automatically. His healing abilities took over and cleansed his body, slowly, over time. The Paul Kirk running round was another clone, ala the SSSV one. Shaw would face off against him first, then, Kirk, when he was strong enough, would finish the fight. I then envisioned the character taking over the series, with Shaw and Christine Spar as supporting cast, helping Kirk operate. A lot of the idea was in reaction to the Mark Shaw series falling off, after the Dumas storyline and thinking that it needed to boost the action and create a more interesting cast. I pictured Shaw as the tech guy, creating weaponry and gadgets, while Spar handled intel, along with Shaw's cop girlfriend. Really, though, what I envisioned was nowhere near as good as what Archie Goodwin wrote. I did think the silent story, included in the trade, that was conceived before Archie died, was probably the better way to go.

The Ray
    Rampage
    Phantom Lady
    Sparx
    Damage
    Nightshade
    the Will Payton version of Starman
    Bulletman and Bulletgirl

Classic JSA characters, Catwoman having a solo, Conner Kent (I haven't followed him since before new 52 started but I didn't really like what I saw from him), Oracle, and Zatanna are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There's different costumes and creative teams I miss as well (ahem BQM's Batgirl for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    The Legion
    The All-Star Squadron
    The original Checkmate
    The original Outsiders
    Infinity Inc.
    The Young All-Stars
    Freedom Fighters
    The not-bald Captain Atom
    Wild Dog
    Nice list. I loved the All Stars (and to a slightly lesser degree, the Young All Stars) but who today could capture them properly? Maaybe James Robinson, or Jeff Parker? I'd be afraid most others would 'modernize' them to the point they were unrecognizable.

Jack Ryder/ The Creeper, the classic version.

Classic JSA
    LOSH
    Freedom Fighters
    Mark Shaw Manhunter
    Inferior Five

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Linda Danvers
    I miss Linda too, Many Happy Returns was one of the best Supergirl books I've ever read.

I would also like to see Omac (either buddy or kevin) come back, along with the JLI and Frankenstein and the Creature Commandos.

I would like to see the legion return in some form.