Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    did Obama lower the retirement age when we're looking?

I am an orginal fan and I am 6 yrs younger then you! We kept the franchise alive since the 89. We are the one that got the original film preserved in the national film archives. There are "Official" Ghostbusters clubs that do charity work all over the country long before the new film came out.
    Sony never cared about the franchise until they saw how great the 09 video game did and started the ball rolling for a real GB3, but then people even More dickless then Walter Peck hijacked the production and Decided to do this waste of Film stock then when we raised our concerns they put us with the loons and berated us.

So we voted with our wallets.

You are a fan of the original, not an original fan. You were too young to be an original fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    You are a fan of the original, not an original fan. You were too young to be an original fan.
    Whoa.

"Who is the most Straight Edge?" is never a particularly worthwhile conversation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Whoa.

"Who is the most Straight Edge?" is never a particularly worthwhile conversation.
    Well, I was just being pedantic about phrasing. But that's not a particularly valuable thing, either, so if he says he's an original fan, that's fine.

Well, I was just being pedantic about phrasing. But that's not a particularly valuable thing, either, so if he says he's an original fan, that's fine.
    I can see "Well, you didn't actually spend the money that the first film made during it's theatrical run."

That said, it wasn't just "Theatrical Run" and done at that time. Other fans surely played into how the film get to where it is.

Extraordinary Member

So because my Parents bought the movie tickets, the VHS , The toys, The NES game, and made me a homemade Jumpsuit I wore for Halloween that I wore until I was too big to wear it. I am not an "original" fan......

Okay then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I think you might have misread that statement a bit. I think Feig was saying he wanted a Slimer couple similar to the Tasmanian Devil and his wife where the only difference between to two are basically a wig and some lipstick.
    I forget what show I heard this. But it as it says, "Even good intentions lead to some of the worst insults." Meaning Feig should have checked where Slimer came from, before opening his mouth. Why was this guy even handed a license, if he's never going to check where any of this images came from. Even J. J. Abrams did his research for Star Trek and Star Wars when he was given there license.
    Last edited by ilostmyplace; 08-01-2016 at 02:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmyplace View Post
    I forget what show I heard this. But it as it says, "Even good intentions lead to some of the worst insults." Meaning Feig should have checked where Slimer came from, before opening his mouth. Why was this guy even handed a license, if he's never going to check where any of this images came from. Even J. J. Abrams did his research for Star Trek and Star Wars when he was given there license.
    Because John Belushi would NEVER do drag. Oh, wait ...

Extraordinary Member

Because John Belushi would NEVER do drag. Oh, wait ...

And Dan Aykroyd did blackface what's your point?

Fantastic Member

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...usters2016.htm

The movie made about $9.8M domestically this weekend which represents a 53.4% drop from the previous one. When combined with the foreign box office this brings the worldwide total to $158.3M. If there's a significant change when the actual numbers come out I'll post those.

It has yet to be released in the following markets:

Germany 4 August 2016
    Denmark 4 August 2016
    Belgium 10 August 2016
    Spain 12 August 2016
    Japan 19 August 2016
    France 24 August 2016

And let me just save us all a bunch of posts by stating that this does not mean that they have made their production budget back.
    Last edited by trooper_thorn; 08-01-2016 at 04:07 AM. Reason: reword sentence

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    And Dan Aykroyd did blackface what's your point?
    A ridiculous female Slimer is not an insult to Belushi's memory. It's right in line with his style of comedy.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...usters2016.htm

The movie made about $9.8M domestically this weekend which represents a 53.4% drop from the previous one. When combined with the foreign box office this brings the worldwide total to $158.3M. If there's a significant change when the actual numbers come out I'll post those.

It has yet to be released in the following markets:

Germany 4 August 2016
    Denmark 4 August 2016
    Belgium 10 August 2016
    Spain 12 August 2016
    Japan 19 August 2016
    France 24 August 2016

And let me just save us all a bunch of posts by stating that this does not mean that they have made their production budget back.

To be fair , I posted this a page back ....and there isn't an update on the 20+ markets its opened in the last few days. So once it comes in , it could bump it possibly close to $200 million.

EDIT TO ADD - The film is listed at 34 markets currently tracked. So thus far the film still has 22 markets left to report in since its not listed yet. Then the ones you posted.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 08-01-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Also don't forget to factor in royalties and salaries into the money spent on the film.

BANNED

Looks like it's going to squeak out just enough for one sequel. The next one will have to do better for there to be a third, though.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 08-01-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    It is likely they were banking on the idea of there being no such thing as bad publicity....which is a really stupid thing to do in this instance
    More and more lately that idiom is being proven false. Ghostbusters, Trump's news baiting, Sony's fake news site for a game, WWF's 9/11 ad, Absolut Vodka's Mexican Invasion ad, Pitbull, Rita Ora, U2 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So when will be the next Ghostbuster movie? 10 years, 20 years?
    Next year or early 2018. They have an animated film in pre-production under Reitman's Ghost Corps.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Sony chose a reboot rather than a remake. I would have been indifferent even if not for the all woman angle - I am not turned on because it is a reboot. Ghostbusters could be a franchise - multiple teams - multiple possibilities riffing off the original. This is a failure but Sony may push a sequal because franchises is the way to make money - Sony may do a soft reboot of the reboot. Who knows. It is not the actresses fault but the writers and producers. The actors were forced to defend decisions they had nothing to do with like the script/plot.