Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Chinese Super soldier we saw in Final Days was NOT Kenan

https://twitter.com/geneluenyang/sta...52317834862592

This is a pretty major thing. After a while I figured Kenan wasn't some type of clone but not this.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

HOLY CRAP!! The plot freakin thickens, man!!!

Surprised Yang was so forth coming with the info. Probably means that's not all the surprises in store for use in New Super-Man next week.

I originally thought it was a coloring error or something, but in issue 32 the colors are not Kenan's. I also chalked his build up to art style, but this might be quite intentional.

Could this be Kenan's "Match"?

WHAT??

Last minute idea sure.. Another way to insult my Superman like Eradicator(blood john and superman things), this super soldier, maybe the new bizarro.. and leave the character behind... Superman's blood spent for something useless ..

ANOTHER INSULT AND WASTE OF TIME.. THANKS, REBIRTH.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-10-2016 at 03:51 AM.

This isn't a last minute change. Yang (the writer) has be explaining for a long time now that Kenan is a human who is given Superman's powers. The fans just ASSUMED (myself included) that the character in Batman/Superman 32 was Kenan. But as we can see with Yang's words and the art, it is not.

I don't see how this is an insult to anyone.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-10-2016 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I don't see how this is an insult to anyone.
    Erase Superman and give his blood for a Bad Super soldier.. Kenan was better option... Please.. enough... Even death is not enough.. They continue humiliating the character.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Erase Superman and give his blood for a Bad Super soldier.. Kenan was better option... Please.. enough... Even death is not enough.. They continue humiliating the character.
    Kenan will ALSO be getting Superman's powers.

I mean for goodness sake come one, this isn't the first time someone has used Superman to create something good or evil.
    Also, you and I don't even know if the clone is bad or not. We know Kenan will be a hero, but since we haven't read the book we know nothing about this clone.

No one is humiliating anyone. This sort of thing happens in Superman's world all the time. But honestly, you don't have to actually read or support the book if you don't like it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh man, what a mess. What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Oh man, what a mess. What a mess.
    What's the mess?

I;m not clear on what the mess is either.

HOLY CRAP!! The plot freakin thickens, man!!!

Surprised Yang was so forth coming with the info. Probably means that's not all the surprises in store for use in New Super-Man next week.

I originally thought it was a coloring error or something, but in issue 32 the colors are not Kenan's. I also chalked his build up to art style, but this might be quite intentional.

Could this be Kenan's "Match"?
    Anyway, maybe THIS one was some kind of failure? And they got someone like Kenan to take in the power?

Well that clarifies that. I admit that makes more intrigued but yeah it does remind me of Match

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I;m not clear on what the mess is either.
    There's no story to any of this. It's just "read along as we try and figure out what our own continuity is". The Superman line is just sad, right now. After TRUTH, this seems like more of the same. Just last minute decisions.

BANNED

this is bad. People thought batman/sup was the first appearence, the issue went to second rpinting and DC ddin't told people that this wasn't Kenan first appearence. way to go DC

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    There's no story to any of this. It's just "read along as we try and figure out what our own continuity is". The Superman line is just sad, right now. After TRUTH, this seems like more of the same. Just last minute decisions.
    I still don't understand what you mean. The "clone" from last days of Superman was just assumed to be Kenan, but the story that dr. Omen gave Superman on it's creation wasn't the same one that Yang gave us in real life a month or two before that issue. So fans just assumed this was Kenan (and no one at DC was gonna look a sales boost in the mouth)

I can't stress enough that Yang already said that Kenan was a guy that got Superman's powers, and not a clone of any sort before the issue of BM/SM.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-10-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Yeah still don't what mess people are talking about anyway this book keep getting interesting and interesting.