Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I like this size for Duke, not too huge but not small;
    I find it a bit odd for him to be already the same "weight class" as Dick and Luke, since the afaik usually not drawn like this.

Extraordinary Member

i have kind of the impression that writer of Dukes Entry in the book, was partly inspired by Dukes entry from this fan project.

The official guide uses exactly the same height and weight as the fan project, and both list his occupation as mechanic (and afaik Duke never worked as Mechanic in the comics).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    i have kind of the impression that writer of Dukes Entry in the book, was partly inspired by Dukes entry from this fan project.

The official guide uses exactly the same height and weight as the fan project, and both list his occupation as mechanic (and afaik Duke never worked as Mechanic in the comics).
    Perhaps. And yes, Duke's never worked as a mechanic in his life in canon. (That was something another We Are Robin character did, or Ghost Rider Robbie Reyes.)

I love all these different heights characters have been given being posted.

The official Hights hardly really fit. Barbara is for example never shown to be taller than her Father, Dick or Dinah.
    I actually like the tall Barbara - fits her when Dick was in college and looked like a grown man, but she was still his height or taller.

Heights are all over the place in comics. In the Robin series, Tim was often a few inches taller than Steph. But Steph was only an inch or two shorter than her dad in some panels. Or Tim would be teen size in his comic, only to shrink to 12 year old size in one of the others (think that was during Officer Down, but woudn't swear). Sometimes Cass is taller than Tim sometimes not. And that's even before we get into the tendency to draw the Batguys, at least, hierarchically. I've seen Jason shorter than Dick before, on rare occasion (this may be more common on poster or cover type art than inside pages?).

I tend to think of Gordon as 5'10" to 6'0."

Agree with Jason more muscular than Bruce (at least at times), but the weights are always iffy. Tim has muscle on him too, quite frequently, but then some perceive him as almost too-skinny-frail (I don't).

And didn't Jason's death certificate (at least on version) have him at 4'6" and 87 pounds at 15 years old? That's bonkers. He was never show as especially short compared to peers.