The Asker

Default Also looking for specific comic

Greetings, fellow comic book fans, I am here today to ask a specific question. When you read my question, you may think I'm trolling or just being silly, but I assure you, this is not the case, so just bear with me. The following did not come to me by way of some random dream, and I am not imbibing hallucinogens or any other narcotic substance.

As a child, I was into the comics books of both Marvel and DC, and there is a particular comic that I had (Batman, who most of you might have heard of), in which I recollect a very bizarre set of circumstances that being a small child of about six or seven, I did not understand, and yet aspects of the comic are still quite vivid in my memory over thirty years later. As I said, there is a particular Batman comic, I think it must have been published around 1985 or 1986, it involved Batman, Robin and Catwoman getting trapped in this dark place that I vaguely recall as some alternate dimension. Batman tries to pull some gadget out of his utility belt, only to find it filled with useless junk like rubber bands.

I seem to recall Joker making his presence known as well. There is a sequence I recollect just as vividly near the end of the story that has a female motherlike character possessing Joker characteristics shuffling a deck of cards into the face of a baby Joker sitting in a highchair. I swear I'm not making any of this up...fact is, it gave my five or six year old self such vivid nightmares that my parents considered ending my comic book fixation in the early stages.

This stubborn memory has persisted in my head all this time throughout the decades since, and any help in finding this comic would be greatly appreciated.

All-New Member

By fluke, I had the same comic and with a few key words was able to find it on Google. It's Jack Kirby's Super Powers mini series and the particular issue with baby Joker in the highchair is this one:

https://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/kirby/archives/277

Cheers!