Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    isn't that put a pressure on the binding too especially with the books at the bottom?
    Yeah, this is a terrible way to store books.

Quote Originally Posted by trudreck View Post
    no, because personally i love the aesthetic of beaten-up worn-out read-to-hell books. part of the reason i like TPBs so much is you get the same effect with your comics !
    i've always thought omnibuses were a terribly difficult way to read comics - but that's just my perspective. i like folding binding, dog earing pages & bringing books along on trips ...
    Hmmm, it definitely adds character!

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Hmmm, it definitely adds character!
    I remember reading a book introduction written by a writer — Mike Allred, I think — in which he said one of the most flattering things is to have a fan ask him to sign a book that is all beaten up because it's be read and re-read so often.

That comment has always stayed in the back of my mind when I think about how I read, treat, and store my books. Just saying.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Nope; sold the ones I could get any real money for, donated the rest to a boys' home. I replaced the good stuff with book collections and digital. More durable, same content.