Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Default What exactly is a Prose?

So I was looking at some TPBs and I saw one came up as a Prose version, what exactly does that mean?
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookNoob View Post
    So I was looking at some TPBs and I saw one came up as a Prose version, what exactly does that mean?
    Prose is basically anything written that isn't poetry. A novel is a work of prose. A newspaper is prose. What you're reading right now is prose. If you're looking at a graphic novel that describes itself as a "prose" version, that means it only includes the dialogue and narration without any illustrations. The comic will be written like a book.

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Prose is basically anything written that isn't poetry. A novel is a work of prose. A newspaper is prose. What you're reading right now is prose. If you're looking at a graphic novel that describes itself as a "prose" version, that means it only includes the dialogue and narration without any illustrations. The comic will be written like a book.
    Interesting, thank you
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil