Super Moderator

Default SDCC: '70s Icons Collide in "Wonder Woman/Bionic Woman" Crossover

Though the TV series never crossed over, Lynda Carter and Lindsay Wagner's characters will meet in the upcoming comic.

Full article here.

There should be bonus interviews with Ms. Carter and Ms. Wagner. Make them aware of this comics mini-series. Unfortunately, anything animated would have to get WB and Universal to collaborate.

I guess we'll see whether the OSI and IADC are even aware of one another. I guess Oscar has to meet Steve (Trevor) at some point. I wonder will Diana's WWII adventures be accepted as canon in this interpretation?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 07-18-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I hope they are able to use Wagner's likeness just like Wonder Woman '77 uses Carter's.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Though the TV series never crossed over, Lynda Carter and Lindsay Wagner's characters will meet in the upcoming comic.

Full article here.
    The dates in the article might be slightly off, because The Bionic Woman went on the air first. When Lindsay Wagner was injured in a car crash, ABC commissioned the Wonder Woman pilot and two one-hour specials as a fill-in, and they became so popular the show got a season order. Then Wonder Woman outlasted The Bionic Woman. IIRC.

Fun facts aside -- this is very fun news! I'm really looking forward to it.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Sounds like a fun book!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Spectacular Member

YES!!!

This is all kinds of amazing!

I hope they can get Lynda and Lindsay to do some kind of promotional appearances on tv talk shows!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There should be bonus interviews with Ms. Carter and Ms. Wagner. Make them aware of this comics mini-series. Unfortunately, anything animated would have to get WB and Universal to collaborate.

I guess we'll see whether the OSI and IADC are even aware of one another. I guess Oscar has to meet Steve (Trevor) at some point. I wonder will Diana's WWII adventures be accepted as canon in this interpretation?
    Lynda posted the news on her facebook timeline. I'm sure Lindsay is also aware. Lynda and Lindsay are long time friends, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    The dates in the article might be slightly off, because The Bionic Woman went on the air first. When Lindsay Wagner was injured in a car crash, ABC commissioned the Wonder Woman pilot and two one-hour specials as a fill-in, and they became so popular the show got a season order. Then Wonder Woman outlasted The Bionic Woman. IIRC.

Fun facts aside -- this is very fun news! I'm really looking forward to it.
    The Wonder Woman pilot aired in November of 1975. But Bionic Woman became a series before Wonder Woman in 1976 (Bionic Woman in January, Wonder Woman's two specials in April, and picked up as a series in October)
    Last edited by The Undertaker; 07-18-2016 at 08:38 AM.

If we want to be super-technical about it all, Bionic Woman became a series first and the character made her live-action TV debut first--in March 1975 on The Six Million Dollar Man.

Looking forward to this book!
    Last edited by Largo161; 07-18-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.