Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Definitely planning on buying Alex + Ada: The Complete Collection Deluxe Edition HC! Been waiting for that series to be collected in one book.

I'm not liking that Wayward is now 3.99 monthly, especially since I've been buying regular and variant covers per every issue. I may either not buy the fourth story arc now, or I'll just buy Wayward up to #20 and then switch to trades or hardcovers for the rest of the story. I'll probably wait for Glitterbomb to be collected in trade as well after buying the first issue.

New Image comics I might buy, with bolded titles likely being definitive buys:

Moonshine 1
    Reborn 1
    Green Valley 1
    Romulus 1
    Black Light District: 6 Issues (One-Shot)
    Outcast 22
    Red One 4
    Snotgirl 4
    Wayward 17
    The Double Life of Miranda Turner Vol. 1: If You Have Ghosts TP
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Goddamned (Jason Aaron really needs to think about a new artist for this book.)
    I'm not sure I'd assume Guerra is the problem here.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

To those wondering - yes, Reborn will consist of six issues, at least that's what I remember from Capullo's twitter. What's funny is I never expected this to be an Image title.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post
    To those wondering - yes, Reborn will consist of six issues, at least that's what I remember from Capullo's twitter. What's funny is I never expected this to be an Image title.
    Concur that Capullo's Twitter stated as 6-issue mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm not sure I'd assume Guerra is the problem here.
    Are we sure it's not Guerra? Aaron's other books seem to come out on time. Being another Image book of his, does Southern Bastards suffer delays on a regular basis? I don't read the book so I have no clue on that one. It could be on Aaron's end. I'm open to it. Look at what happened when Hickman was over worked at Marvel. Everything he worked on suffered for it and all had delays of some sort.

Cool to see Ancestor getting a trade release! It's been running for a while now in Island Magazine and man, this whole story is nuts. Starts out as fairly generic (if disturbing) "join our cult"-fare, but around the third issue it's devolved into absolute madness. Not sure if I like it? But it sure is weird...

Habitat also ran in Island btw, always nice to see Simon Roy draw far-future societies on the brink of collapse, especially in colour.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've not read any Alex + Ada before but I hear good things so I'll probably end up getting the deluxe of that.
    Definitely worth a read. If you like the artstyle (be sure to check some previews), this series is a real treat. One of my favourites from last year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    does Southern Bastards suffer delays on a regular basis?
    It's suffered HUGE delays recently. It could be a combination, but Guerra is an old pro and never had problems on Scalped that I recall.

Descender #16
    Lazarus #26
    Manifest Destiny #24

On break:
    East of West
    Southern Bastards
    LOW

It's suffered HUGE delays recently. It could be a combination, but Guerra is an old pro and never had problems on Scalped that I recall.

Wasn't it just one big delay for the last issue?

Still annoying when they go right back on hiatus afterwards though.

EDIT: Nevermind I forget that he has more than one creator owned book. D'oh!
    Last edited by sven; 07-20-2016 at 03:05 AM.

Well of course his creator owned books suffer delays. The big check and contract at Marvel demands Star Wars, Doctor Strange, Mighty Thor all ship on time and 100% likely Unworthy Thor will as well barring something from Coipel's part in it. If Aaron can't turn scripts in for his creator owned stuff and other writers as well on time like their main books, why bother until you have time in your schedule? Issue 1 came out in November and we're still waiting for the last issue of the first arc to come out (issue 5).

Ah! That's where I know that name from. I loved the art on Scalped so another reason for me to pick this up.

Fantastic Member

MOONSHINE #1
    CANNIBAL #1
    GREEN VALLEY #1
    ROMULUS #1

EDEN'S FALL #3
    HORIZON #4 (depends if I like #1 enough)
    INVISIBLE REPUBLIC #12
    ISLAND MAGAZINE #12
    KILL OR BE KILLED #3 (depends if I like #1 enough)
    MECHANISM #4 (depends if I like #1 enough)
    PAPER GIRLS #10
    SURGEON X #2
    IMAGE+ #6+#7

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Wasn't it just one big delay for the last issue?
    I'd ahve to check, but I don't think a single issue of the Homecoming arc came out monthly.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Wow, Shutter. I've never seen a solicitation that tells trade-waiters that it'll be a long time before an arc is collected like that. Jeez...

Definitely:
    MOONSHINE #1 - Sounds interesting and I like what I've read of Azzarello's Wonder Woman.
    CANNIBAL #1 - The cannibals thing just seems like a slight twist on zombies. But Buccellato is a good writer, especialyl when he gets to do darker stuff. I'll give it a go.
    THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS #3 - Giving it an arc, because it's Hickman
    DESCENDER #16
    KILL OR BE KILLED #3 - Brubaker has earned an arc
    OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #22
    SNOTGIRL #4 - First issue was weird but enjoyable, despite a really hard-to-like protagonist.
    ALEX + ADA: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION DELUXE EDITION HC - YEEESSSSS!!!!!!!! Finally!!! A ahrdcover!!! I am buying the **** out of this!

Maybe:
    GREEN VALLEY #1 (OF 9) - Heard great things about American Alien and I liked Chronicle. But that premise is just sounds so generic and vague. Also, Green Valley is a street close to me so that might be an immersion breaker :P
    ROMULUS #1 - Sounds pretty generic as well. But someone I know really likes Postal, and the cover's pretty...
    ECLIPSE #2
    HORIZON #4
    MECHANISM #4
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I'd ahve to check, but I don't think a single issue of the Homecoming arc came out monthly.
    You might be right. When your pull list is as impeccable as mine you tend not to notice a single book getting delayed.