View Poll Results: Who should be Spider-Man heroine partner in the same manner as with the Black Cat?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew)

21 34.43%
  • She-Hulk(Jennifer Walters)

7 11.48%
  • Psylocke

5 8.20%
  • Black Widow

4 6.56%
  • Silver Sable

35 57.38%
  • Carol Danvers

11 18.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Who will replace the Black Cat as Spider-Man's new partner?

Now that the Black Cat is a super villain, I feel that Jessica Drew has the best chance of begin Peter's ally and companion in a reoccurring guest spot, along with a few others. One of the reasons to keep Peter single is because he could have gotten more intimate with Felicia Hardy(Pre-OMD), as well as Betty Brant. On the flipside, we might have seen more interactions on a personal level with Jennifer Walters, Black Widow, Jessica Drew, Psylocke, and Silver Sable/Carol Danvers.

But wouldn't it be great if we finally see Spider-Woman vs The Black Cat(aka. Hardy vs Drew)!!!

Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-28-2014 at 12:27 PM.

BANNED

White Rabbit is the obvious choice, IMO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    White Rabbit is the obvious choice, IMO.
    I really can't see White Rabbit as Spidey's partner. Too much like the Black Cat.

BANNED

Peter needs a partner that's not a straight hero(ine).

And it'd be amusing when she has to choose between her minions and Peter. "But you had minions! And a giant spider-mech thingamabob!"

And it'd be amusing when she has to choose between her minions and Peter. "But you had minions! And a giant spider-mech thingamabob!"
    As hilarious as that might be to see I think Silver Sable is a better choice.

Astonishing Member

Well, we all know that Spider-Woman, Psylocke, and Black Widow are not straight super heroines as they walk a grey area. She-Hulk and Captain Marvel are career oriented ladies who only fight crime for fun. Silver Sable does it for money.

Thus only 4 out of 6 do not see themselves as superheroes. As for the change in Black Cat, I will assume that as soon as she clams down and knows that Spider-Man is telling the truth, Felicia will hunt Otto down to the Ends of the Earth.

Of those listed here I picked Sable.

Black Widow and Spider-woman should be completely removed from Spidey's world, they belong to and work best in Avengers IMO. Jessica in particular should never become part of his line, Marvel's done a great job developing her without it.

It might be better for him to not have a regular partner in the near future. The experience with Black Cat could have soured Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

None of the above. The alternate gwen from spiderverse would be fun though.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    This X 10! I really hope this is a character that sticks around!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    If that happens I agree it would be fun, though I couldn't see it lasting long.

BANNED

The only logic I can see being used for Jessica is because they're both Spider-people. That's pretty lazy reasoning.

You have repeatedly shown that you really don't give a crap about She-Hulk as She-Hulk, and really only bring her up because you think that Peter is the only person she'd be able to use her "human" self around. However, she has an ongoing, so why should be Peter's supporting character?

Psylocke is only brought up because you think that her brother would have introduced her to Peter at some point, and I doubt that the A+X story with them is enough to justify her being Peter's new partner. She's a part of X-Men and X-Force. Why should she be relegated to a part of Spider-Man's supporting cast?

Black Widow, like Spider-Woman, has the logic of her having a Spider theme. I get it, she was a part of Ends of the Earth in Agent Venom's place, but Slott seems to use Black Widow primarily to bring that storyline up just so she could spout out quotes from the Avengers movie. Also, like with She-Hulk and Psylocke, she has her own ongoing right now, and she's a part of Secret Avengers, which Jessica Drew is also a member of.

The only chance of Silver Sable being his partner is if/when Slott picks up on Julia Carpenter telling Peter that she's alive.

As for Carol Danvers, she's another heroine with an ongoing, so no.

So, by the logic I'm using, which isn't me just coming up with reasons to cover for me wanting to see Peter in a relationship with someone just because, Silver Sable is the only one who doesn't currently have an ongoing, be it a solo or as part of a team book, so let's go with her.

BANNED

To be fair, wild as Darth's couplings are, sometimes-random shipping comes with being fans. I'm sure we've all thought up weird pairings that made sense in our heads just because.

BANNED

I myself am guilty of that on many occasions, but his logic for She-Hulk especially bothers me. I prefer couples that embrace everything about each other, showing them that the "bad" doesn't need to be bad. For him, though, he treats Jennifer as though her being She-Hulk is actively detrimental to her being in a relationship, as though Peter would be only one couple of getting her to be "in touch" with her "human" side. I won't claim to be an expert of knowing She-Hulk as a character, but it just sounds like he wants to just give her the same kind of relationship that Bruce Banner has with Betty Ross. That the She-Hulk is a part of Jennifer that "distances" her from humanity, and Peter has to be the one to keep her "grounded", which just doesn't know like what I know of the character.
    Last edited by Phantom Roxas; 06-29-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Of those listed here I picked Sable.

Black Widow and Spider-woman should be completely removed from Spidey's world, they belong to and work best in Avengers IMO. Jessica in particular should never become part of his line, Marvel's done a great job developing her without it.
    I didn't pick Black Widow and Spider-Woman to be a part of Peter's life because of their Spider-Themed costumes. I picked Jessica and Natasha for their personalities that would work well around Peter Parker. In retrospect, I feel that both the Black Widow and Spider-Woman(even with the loss of her powers) should have been reoccurring guests in Spider-Man's world before the introduction of the Black Cat. Combined background and experiences brings out the best possible stories. And I feel that the Black Widow and Jessica Drew's involvement in Spider-Man's world will do wonders for both of them as their personal feelings for Spider-Man/Peter Parker will put them in a completely different light that we rarely get to see.