View Poll Results: Who should be Spider-Man heroine partner in the same manner as with the Black Cat?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew)

21 34.43%
  • She-Hulk(Jennifer Walters)

7 11.48%
  • Psylocke

5 8.20%
  • Black Widow

4 6.56%
  • Silver Sable

35 57.38%
  • Carol Danvers

11 18.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    That's assuming she turns out to be a ''hero'' that is. Or at least not a villain.
    Yeah it's up in the air what she turns out to be, it just seems closer to a hero than a villain.
    Like the idea she's a villain isn't adding anything new, and considering how Peter won't date a normal girl cause of what happened with MJ and Carlie, it point towards the super heroine girlfriend.

Fantastic Member

Why does it have to be a woman? The Prowler is criminally underused. I love team-ups between Spider-Men so why not Kaine or Agent Venom? Why not a partner in the media or the police force? Actually, Wraith gives him a female cop vigilante ally who currently appears in the books so she might be ideal.

If we’re talking short-term, it’d be pretty funny if Otto’s actions gained Peter an unwanted anti-hero fan like Cardiac, Solo, Punisher, or Elektra.

Uhhh I am disappointed with the lack of a Squirrel Girl option in the poll
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Why does it have to be a woman? The Prowler is criminally underused. I love team-ups between Spider-Men so why not Kaine or Agent Venom? Why not a partner in the media or the police force? Actually, Wraith gives him a female cop vigilante ally who currently appears in the books so she might be ideal.

If we’re talking short-term, it’d be pretty funny if Otto’s actions gained Peter an unwanted anti-hero fan like Cardiac, Solo, Punisher, or Elektra.
    It did, Punisher in the last issue of Avenging Spider-Man approved of Otto's methods.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    It did, Punisher in the last issue of Avenging Spider-Man approved of Otto's methods.
    I know. That’s not really the same thing though. I’m talking about Peter dealing with Otto’s admirers.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Yeah it's up in the air what she turns out to be, it just seems closer to a hero than a villain.
    Like the idea she's a villain isn't adding anything new, and considering how Peter won't date a normal girl cause of what happened with MJ and Carlie, it point towards the super heroine girlfriend.
    I do agree that about preferring her to be a hero over a villain, however, her being a super heroine girlfriend? I doubt it since Marvel don't seem to like the idea of him dating someone with powers or is a heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    I know. That’s not really the same thing though. I’m talking about Peter dealing with Otto’s admirers.
    Oh, well Otto pissed off way too many people for that to happen.

I do agree that about preferring her to be a hero over a villain, however, her being a super heroine girlfriend? I doubt it since Marvel don't seem to like the idea of him dating someone with powers or is a heroine.
    Dan Slott doesn't like the idea, but there are old interviews in which Stephen Wacker was down with that idea. So Slott could change his mind.

I think it does happen though, cause they pushed themselves into a corner where it's really hard to validate him dating someone normal. The conversation between MJ and Carlie at the end of SSM 31 showed that normal people will eventually have their lives ruined by being near Spider-Man, so Peter won't do that to them. In 647 MJ told Peter he shouldn't let the idea of Spider-Man ruining a relationship stop him from trying, but then have shown it multiple times that it will happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    That… makes no sense. How does his blood give off vibes? And, again, how does that explain how, in Mighty Avengers, she didn't lose control?

The art for that proposal was nice, but how do you know it was pitched? Couldn't JL Giles Rivera have just drawn it for fun? Oh, and I'm guessing that was you who posted the one comment? I'm sure it is, because that comment has the same exact thought process I'd expect from you. Apparently, just because the two of them team up, it must mean that Black Widow is to replace Black Cat (You said "alternate" in your comment, but considering what the title of this thread is, I'm not going to fall for that), rather than just there being a fun little story that has them team up. You see why I called you sexist?
    I contacted JL Giles Rivera via email, and he told me that he pitched the Spider-Man x Black Widow story to Marvel whom rejected it as he's not working for them. Ask him yourself.

Astonishing Member

That is not the problem that Marvel has. But rather Dan Slott(or any other writer who has read Spider-Man growing up during the Steve Ditko era) has a problem with it as it doesn't reflect his plans for the character. The idea that Spidey can't date a female super hero is all in the mind of the writer assigned to Spider-Man. I think that Marvel has given Slott way too much power over the character than any of the past Spider-Writers.

Dan Slott doesn't like the idea, but there are old interviews in which Stephen Wacker was down with that idea. So Slott could change his mind.
    I think it does happen though, cause they pushed themselves into a corner where it's really hard to validate him dating someone normal. The conversation between MJ and Carlie at the end of SSM 31 showed that normal people will eventually have their lives ruined by being near Spider-Man, so Peter won't do that to them. In 647 MJ told Peter he shouldn't let the idea of Spider-Man ruining a relationship stop him from trying, but then have shown it multiple times that it will happen.
    It was Wacker's idea that Peter Parker and Carol Danvers to date. But when Brian Reed wrote the issue, Wacker should have told him to write up another version that could have tied to Peter's encounter with Mystique in a flashback story that would have led to Carol's encounter with in the final story arc of the Ms. Marvel series(vol, 2)...

As for Peter dating a normal woman, it's not Spider-Man/Peter Parker at fault. But rather the writer who doesn't want to use Mary Jane as a love interest for Peter during his run as writer of the series. I feel that Slott should have used Betty Brant as an alternate love interest to Mary Jane or even Felicia Hardy(Pre-OMD) as an alternate to Mary Jane. I feel that the relationship between Peter Parker and Carol Danvers was killed off because Slott was opposed to the idea. If Marvel wanted Spider-Man x Ms. Marvel to have a relationship, they should have hired a writer who was interested in the idea.

OMD was meant to remove the marriage between Peter and MJ; but no one expected that things would turn out so badly as a result of the story's conception. I feel that Slott wants to bring Spider-Man back to its Steve Ditko era roots, along with what was done to the character during the late 1970's to the mid-1980 when Spider-Man/Peter was down on his luck and couldn't keep a girlfriend because of Spider-Man. Thus, they love the idea of Peter being a loner, which gets to be very boring almost immediately.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-30-2014 at 11:35 AM.

How about no one? I figured Spidey was supposed to be a lone wolf-type hero.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

All-New Member

What about Squirrel Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderthan View Post
    What about Squirrel Girl?
    Then there'd be no comic since she'd wipe out all the criminals from off-panel before Spidey even showed up.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

How about no. Since Marvel has made Spider-man the most hated hero in the Marvel community its better he stayed solo.

BANNED

Alpha. Te heeeeeeeeeeee!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    How about no. Since Marvel has made Spider-man the most hated hero in the Marvel community its better he stayed solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    How about no one? I figured Spidey was supposed to be a lone wolf-type hero.
    The heroines who I've talked about are solo/ lone wolf-type heroines as well. And when I talked about heroines as alternates to the Black Cat, I was inferring that they also have feelings for Spidey/Peter as well. Like the Black Cat, they too could make guest appearances. And to keep him isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe is just plain DUMB as it limits that types of stories that could be told. It's too bad that Marvel cancelled Avenging Spider-Man for the ill-fated and forgettable Superior Spider-Man Team-Up with Chris Yost as the sole writer. If Marvel could bring back Avenging Spider-Man and allow different writers to write a 3-part story arc, then we might see some of the heroines mentioned appear with Spider-Man because Slott doesn't want to do those things in the main book, which is just one book at the moment instead of the original 3 satellite titles in the past.

One can't say that Peter should not date a heroine(or have her as a partner on occasion) without knowing what the story will be as some of them would work well with Peter on a close personal level that opens the doors to the kinds of stories that have yet to be told. So if a writer doesn't want to use the Black Cat, then they could use Psylocke or Black Widow for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Alpha. Te heeeeeeeeeeee!
    Alpha is a guy. And the idea of him being a sidekick was such a waste because Slott made the character an arrogant moron that no one likes.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-30-2014 at 01:26 PM.