View Poll Results: Who should be Spider-Man heroine partner in the same manner as with the Black Cat?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew)

21 34.43%
  • She-Hulk(Jennifer Walters)

7 11.48%
  • Psylocke

5 8.20%
  • Black Widow

4 6.56%
  • Silver Sable

35 57.38%
  • Carol Danvers

11 18.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The heroines who I've talked about are solo/ lone wolf-type heroines as well. And when I talked about heroines as alternates to the Black Cat, I was inferring that they also have feelings for Spidey/Peter as well. Like the Black Cat, they too could make guest appearances. And to keep him isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe is just plain DUMB as it limits that types of stories that could be told. It's too bad that Marvel cancelled Avenging Spider-Man for the ill-fated and forgettable Superior Spider-Man Team-Up with Chris Yost as the sole writer. If Marvel could bring back Avenging Spider-Man and allow different writers to write a 3-part story arc, then we might see some of the heroines mentioned appear with Spider-Man because Slott doesn't want to do those things in the main book, which is just one book at the moment instead of the original 3 satellite titles in the past.

One can't say that Peter should not date a heroine(or have her as a partner on occasion) without knowing what the story will be as some of them would work well with Peter on a close personal level that opens the doors to the kinds of stories that have yet to be told. So if a writer doesn't want to use the Black Cat, then they could use Psylocke or Black Widow for example.

Alpha is a guy. And the idea of him being a sidekick was such a waste because Slott made the character an arrogant moron that no one likes.
    You do realise of course that i was joking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    You do realize that Darthfury is 100% serious about this, right?

BANNED

I contacted JL Giles Rivera via email, and he told me that he pitched the Spider-Man x Black Widow story to Marvel whom rejected it as he's not working for them. Ask him yourself.
    I see. Well, it doesn't matter. That was you who posted the comment, right?

It was Wacker's idea that Peter Parker and Carol Danvers to date. But when Brian Reed wrote the issue, Wacker should have told him to write up another version that could have tied to Peter's encounter with Mystique in a flashback story that would have led to Carol's encounter with in the final story arc of the Ms. Marvel series(vol, 2)...
    So, in order to justify Peter dati- I'm sorry, having a partnership with Carol, you wish that Wacker would have established a retcon? That basically amounts to "Look, this has totally been a part of their history, which means that there's always been a reason for them to hook up!"

As for Peter dating a normal woman, it's not Spider-Man/Peter Parker at fault. But rather the writer who doesn't want to use Mary Jane as a love interest for Peter during his run as writer of the series. I feel that Slott should have used Betty Brant as an alternate love interest to Mary Jane or even Felicia Hardy(Pre-OMD) as an alternate to Mary Jane. I feel that the relationship between Peter Parker and Carol Danvers was killed off because Slott was opposed to the idea. If Marvel wanted Spider-Man x Ms. Marvel to have a relationship, they should have hired a writer who was interested in the idea.
    So… you're suggestion is that Slott, who joined after One More Day, should have had his run, which was after One More Day, used Black Cat from as she was prior to One More Day in order to use her as a substitute for Mary Jane? Wasn't there an arc during Brand New Day that did focus on the relationship between Peter and Felicia? Or are you suggesting that Slott should have somehow been the writer writer before One More Day? Wouldn't that mean that, instead of JMS, Slott would have been writing at the time? Or perhaps do you mean that Slott should have used her prior to Superior Spider-Man? Because that didn't work when Ends of the Earth was supposed to happen. Or perhaps Mark Waid should have not used Black Cat? Because if he did, then Slott would have been totally free to use Black Cat in the way that you specifically would have wanted?

Also… Marvel should have hired someone who was okay with Peter hooking up with Carol? About the only reason I could see for that is that Wacker writes both books, but by that logic, couldn't we also just have Carol hook up with, say, Daredevil? Or perhaps you could have said that Avenging Spider-Man would be a place to seed that relationship? Except the problem there is that, in the end, Avenging Spider-Man was never a major book, so that team-up wouldn't be enough to immediately set off a relationship. I detest Slott, but if there's a reason to have hired someone instead of him, him not wanting to write a relationship between Peter and Carol should not be one of them. But perhaps I am not allowed to say that, as I am apparently an entitled fanboy who can't get over a seven year-old story, as opposed to the non-entitled people who cling to an era from thirty years ago. Regardless, "Which superheroine should Peter da- I MEAN TEAM UP WITH! YES I TOTALLY MEAN A TEAM UP AND NOT A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP!", should make or break a writer's chances of writing the book.

Perhaps I should put it this way. VolcanikTiger86 gave an excellent rundown of the books that the women on this poll have, with Silver Sable being the obvious exception. As the characters are in those books as well, shouldn't they be at least consulted on the idea of Peter being in a relationship with any one of them? Especially the one's writing their solo books? Should Ales Kot, Charles Soule, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Nathan Edmonson, Marc Guggenheim, or Simon Spurrier be consulted on this depending on who Peter could potentially have a relationship with? Or should we not consider that, because our priority should only be on how this affects Peter's story, and not on how this would effect the superheroine's book?

Honestly out of all these choices Silver Sable works best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    You do realize that Darthfury is 100% serious about this, right?
    You do realise that i was not talking to you, right?

You do realise that i was not talking to you, right?

But he is 100% about all of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post

But he is 100% about all of this.
    Never said that he wasn't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I see. Well, it doesn't matter. That was you who posted the comment, right?

So, in order to justify Peter dati- I'm sorry, having a partnership with Carol, you wish that Wacker would have established a retcon? That basically amounts to "Look, this has totally been a part of their history, which means that there's always been a reason for them to hook up!"

So… you're suggestion is that Slott, who joined after One More Day, should have had his run, which was after One More Day, used Black Cat from as she was prior to One More Day in order to use her as a substitute for Mary Jane? Wasn't there an arc during Brand New Day that did focus on the relationship between Peter and Felicia? Or are you suggesting that Slott should have somehow been the writer writer before One More Day? Wouldn't that mean that, instead of JMS, Slott would have been writing at the time? Or perhaps do you mean that Slott should have used her prior to Superior Spider-Man? Because that didn't work when Ends of the Earth was supposed to happen. Or perhaps Mark Waid should have not used Black Cat? Because if he did, then Slott would have been totally free to use Black Cat in the way that you specifically would have wanted?

Also… Marvel should have hired someone who was okay with Peter hooking up with Carol? About the only reason I could see for that is that Wacker writes both books, but by that logic, couldn't we also just have Carol hook up with, say, Daredevil? Or perhaps you could have said that Avenging Spider-Man would be a place to seed that relationship? Except the problem there is that, in the end, Avenging Spider-Man was never a major book, so that team-up wouldn't be enough to immediately set off a relationship. I detest Slott, but if there's a reason to have hired someone instead of him, him not wanting to write a relationship between Peter and Carol should not be one of them. But perhaps I am not allowed to say that, as I am apparently an entitled fanboy who can't get over a seven year-old story, as opposed to the non-entitled people who cling to an era from thirty years ago. Regardless, "Which superheroine should Peter da- I MEAN TEAM UP WITH! YES I TOTALLY MEAN A TEAM UP AND NOT A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP!", should make or break a writer's chances of writing the book.

Perhaps I should put it this way. VolcanikTiger86 gave an excellent rundown of the books that the women on this poll have, with Silver Sable being the obvious exception. As the characters are in those books as well, shouldn't they be at least consulted on the idea of Peter being in a relationship with any one of them? Especially the one's writing their solo books? Should Ales Kot, Charles Soule, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Nathan Edmonson, Marc Guggenheim, or Simon Spurrier be consulted on this depending on who Peter could potentially have a relationship with? Or should we not consider that, because our priority should only be on how this affects Peter's story, and not on how this would effect the superheroine's book?
    I was referring to a writer whose interested in the idea. I never said that the current writers should. And the Felicia x Spider-Man(post-OMD) moment was not written by Slott. It's hard to know what I am talking about until the story is written by a creative team who wants to do it. Writers and Editors come and go; but very few leave their mark for others to follow. And I feel that Spider-Man's relationship with a heroine must extend beyond the Black Cat to include others for added flexibility to the story in a manner that's unique from what was already done in the past. I used the Black Cat because she was Peter's first costumed love interest. So I was researching for other heroines who were similar to Felicia's personality. Thus, the ones I came up with would give a writer a choice to work with. The same goes for the non-super heroines as well like Betty Brant and Jennifer Walters(whose only power is to transform into the She-Hulk to access her superpowers)....

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    True. But isn't Silver Sable in many ways like the Black Widow and Jessica Drew(excluding the Venom Blast) as far as doing spy/espionage work as well?
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-30-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah. I know. Sorry for not looking at it that way. Nothing personal..

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    ...Except she is dead. Of course she could get better.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    She's only mostly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    I think she will get better.

BANNED

I was referring to a writer whose interested in the idea. I never said that the current writers should. And the Felicia x Spider-Man(post-OMD) moment was not written by Slott. It's hard to know what I am talking about until the story is written by a creative team who wants to do it. Writers and Editors come and go; but very few leave their mark for others to follow. And I feel that Spider-Man's relationship with a heroine must extend beyond the Black Cat to include others for added flexibility to the story in a manner that's unique from what was already done in the past. I used the Black Cat because she was Peter's first costumed love interest. So I was researching for other heroines who were similar to Felicia's personality. Thus, the ones I came up with would give a writer a choice to work with. The same goes for the non-super heroines as well like Betty Brant and Jennifer Walters(whose only power is to transform into the She-Hulk to access her superpowers)....
    My point is that a writer shouldn't get the job just because they prefer that pairing, and yes, you were saying that that the current writers should do that. If you think someone should have been hired in Slott's place, then they'd be either a current writer, or at least be relatively recent. I'm aware that Slott didn't write the scene with Peter and Felicia, but if that was a relationship covered in a storyline after OMD, couldn't you have just wished that he kept that over in Big Time? By that point, though, Felicia wouldn't be an alternative to Mary Jane, but an alternative to Carlie Cooper, when Slott wanted it to be the other way around, with Carlie being the alternative to Felicia. As for a heroine adding "flexibility" to Peter's story, don't you care about the other way around? And really, explain how all of your picks are "similar" to Felicia? Because you've been arguing for a few of these for quite some time, so I can't believe that you went for that reasoning for the purpose of this thread. I think Betty has been well established by this point to be more of a love interest for Flash than for Peter. As for Jennifer… I have no idea what else to say, since it's clear that you have no intention of not being horribly offensive to her.

Actually, I was not implying that any one of these heroines be a sidekick to Spider-Man because that would be a huge insult to their intelligence. Whenever they make a guest appearance, all the heroines mentioned are equal partners with Spider-Man with their combine talents to get the job done. Most of the time, it would be cool to see them make a cameo in their civilian guise with Peter on a lunch or dinner date to get better acquainted. Also, I wasn't implying that Spider-Man and the said heroines should be in a romantic relationship. But rather the idea is to identify the heroines who have an interest with Spider-Man as well as the man behind the mask which would create a bond of trust between them as it was done with Peter and Carol Danvers before they wiped out her memory. These heroines are a good alternate to the Black Cat as Spider-Man's partner in a reoccurring guest spot. Nothing more. Nothing less. But the bond of friendship must extend beyond the professional super heroine arena unto the personal side of Peter Parker and the said heroine in her own private world as well to get both the readers and future writers interested as well. If one writer isn't interested in using the Black Cat, then he could use Psylocke as Spidey's partner in a guest spot, for example. The closest that we'd seen to an alternate to the Black Cat are Silver Sable and the Black Widow.
    Wouldn't agree with this Silver Sable and Black Widow haven't been recurring in spiderman (aside from EOE), plus we only ever see the Black Cat as the Black Cat because it is well established fact that she loves Spiderman and likes Peter, meaning she has more interest in the mask as the man behind it. Captain Marvel wasn't a replacement for black cat but different as she admired the man behind the mask and understood what the mask stands for (the same could be said for most of the New Avengers he servered with).

I'll try and clear this up what you want is for the list above to meet Peter in a social setting and become his friend maybe have Peter work out with Natasha or have a movie night with Jessica and Carol or have Peter attend a function with Jen or Silver but if AIM or someother bad guy) attacks then Spiderman and Black Widow or whoever can deal with the issue. An example would be want tends to happen in Avenging Spiderman (#9 and #10 spring to mind since i read them last night)

Am i right.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 07-01-2014 at 01:50 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Wouldn't agree with this Silver Sable and Black Widow haven't been recurring in spiderman (aside from EOE), plus we only ever see the Black Cat as the Black Cat because it is well established fact that she loves Spiderman and likes Peter, meaning she has more interest in the mask as the man behind it. Captain Marvel wasn't a replacement for black cat but different as she admired the man behind the mask and understood what the mask stands for (the same could be said for most of the New Avengers he servered with).

I'll try and clear this up what you want is for the list above to meet Peter in a social setting and become his friend maybe have Peter work out with Natasha or have a movie night with Jessica and Carol or have Peter attend a function with Jen or Silver but if AIM or someother bad guy) attacks then Spiderman and Black Widow or whoever can deal with the issue. An example would be want tends to happen in Avenging Spiderman (#9 and #10 spring to mind since i read them last night)

Am i right.
    You hit it right in the nail as to what I was talking about. With regards to Felicia, initially she wasn't interested in him all that much until she realize that she was superficial about Spider-Man and not Peter Parker. Her feelings for Peter were summoned up with Kevin Smith's Black Cat mini series. It makes no sense for anyone to be in love with a mask and not the person behind the mask, which actually made Felicia a better person before OMD blocked her memories of Peter's identity as Spider-Man. Otherwise, Spock would not have been able to defeat her so easily upon learning of his change in his behavior.

It's too bad that Avenging Spider-Man was cancelled for Superior Spider-Man team-up that had a sole writer(Chris Yost) instead of allowing the book's format to allow different writers/creative teams to do a 3-part mini arc on Spider-Man x Guest character. This way, Avenging Spider-Man would give a guest writer a chance to write a Spider-Man story that he would not have been given an opportunity to do with Amazing Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-01-2014 at 02:33 AM.