Astonishing Member

Default Potential event in the new "Champions"?

Guys, I just thought about something of this new teen superhero group, the Champions. They have a good number of members, but I believe it could even increase their ranks in the close future. I believe the new "Invincible Iron Man" (Riri Williams) could join this group too, but she wouldn't be the only one.

You see, right before the whole Secret Wars started, we had a group of teen heroes brought from another alternative future which was probably deleted from existence. I'm talking about the "Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow", composed by the children of the Avengers in a future destroyed by Ultron. We haven't seen them again after they decided to stay in the past, giving Maria Hill a big headache. We don't know what happened to them, so I believe if they join this group named "Champions", it would suit perfectly. The Champions could be literally the Avengers of the next generation. Think about it:

+ A Captain America = Jame Rogers (Son of Captain America and Black Widow).
    + A Thor = Torunn (Daughter of Thor and Lady Sif).
    + A Wasp = Henry Pym Jr (Son of Giant Man and Wasp).
    + A Black Panther = Azari (Son of Black Panther and Storm).
    + A Hawkeye = Francis Barton (Son of Hawkeye and Mockingbird).

+ An Iron Man = Riri Williams.
    + A Hulk = Amadeus Cho.
    + A Spider-Man = Miles Morales.
    + A "Giant Man" = Miss Marvel (Kamala Khan).
    + A "Miss Marvel" = Nova (Sam Alexander).
    + A Vision = Viv Vision ("Daughter" of the Vision).

As an extra, I guess they could have Cyclops, although I don't really see him suiting in this group. Not because of his old self's actions, but because he's not really of a new generation. Well, what do you think of this?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Seems like too big of a team.

BANNED

No thanks I'd rather not see them taking up space and riling up the group that hates the current line up as is

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Seems like too big of a team.
    It wouldn't bigger than the Avengers at the end of the series "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes". They were basically 10 or eleven members:
    + Captain America
    + Iron Man
    + Thor
    + Hulk
    + Giant Man/Yellowjacket
    + Wasp
    + Hawkeye
    + Black Panther
    + Black Widow
    + Vision
    + Miss Marvel

Also, considering they are all teenagers and surely some of them have issues to attend, like an important test or something, there would be enough members to assure someone ready for action.

The Champions seem to be formed as a team as a result of being disillusioned by the "older" generation of heroes, if I understand the premise correctly. I highly doubt that the Next Avengers, having been brought up hearing their parents exploits, their dedication to the planet and to save mankind (they sacrificed themselves in a battle against Ultron, at least that was the story in that movie...) would side with the Champions. I think the two mentalities would clash.

I have nothing against seeing the Next Avengers again though. I thought it was a nice twist to bring them in, and I too am wondering if they were restored along with the rest of the universe or if they went into oblivion.

I think these kids were stupid to be honest, so I hope not. Romanogers sh*t on the movies is enough, we don't need comics pushing that as a thing too.

Didn't that movie end with Torunn throwing Ultron into space? because that isn't a good long-term plan for dealing with Ultron

It would be one of the dumbest idea of all story. They tried to adapt the next avengers to the comics, but marvel made them to have so unlikable personalities that they would probably end constantly clashing with the Champions and their presence wouldn't do favours to the series (with a very big rooster for a new team, it would be too much). If Next Avengers are going to appear again, it should be in other place.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 07-19-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Champions should aim to be it's own thing, not just an Avengers line-up with a spin on it. Also, Sam and Steve were already one Captain America too many. And we got the whole U.S.Avengers thing, don't need Jame too.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Champions should aim to be it's own thing, not just an Avengers line-up with a spin on it.
    This. No need to rebrand the same old young avengers idea. I hope they go the opposite way and find their own identity as a team.

Also, we have too many Caps, Thors, Hawkeyes at the moment to add even more to the mix.