Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Awesome, thanks!

Incredible Member

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    AMC has been doing a good job with the whackiness of "Preacher" and Starz has the more insane "American Gods" so either of those two could bring us a good "Doom Patrol" as well. Let's hope DC Universe has more ambition than to just give us something weak assuming we'd eat up anything DC.
    Both of those are solid networks, too. AMC could run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Both of those are solid networks, too. AMC could run with it.
    And FX has let "Legion" be as weird as all get out, so hopefully there's been enough inspiration out there for the DP showrunners.

As for Diane Guerrero, I've really only seen her on "Orange is the New Black" which isn't enough of an indicator to me whether she'd be a good Crazy Jane or not, so I'll just wait and see...

I'm curious if Beast Boy is gonna have any connection to them.

Mighty Member

Default Doom Patrol TV series

Thanks for the updates keep them coming if you would please! Exciting news.

I’m actually pretty worried about the Doom Patrol show after seeing the Titans trailer. It looked comedically bad. Plus the fact that Cyborg is going to be the person that brings the Doom Patrol together. A character who has had very little to do with the team throughout its history. Yes, Robotman was cast for the Titans episode but there has been no confirmation that he will be in the actual Doom Patrol show. I really hope they don’t replace Cliff with Cyborg. It would be terrible for both characters. Robotman gets the shaft and Cyborg is once again saddled with the role of “freak” and moves farther away from ever being a fun wish fulfillment hero.

I’m actually pretty worried about the Doom Patrol show after seeing the Titans trailer. It looked comedically bad. Plus the fact that Cyborg is going to be the person that brings the Doom Patrol together. A character who has had very little to do with the team throughout its history. Yes, Robotman was cast for the Titans episode but there has been no confirmation that he will be in the actual Doom Patrol show. I really hope they don’t replace Cliff with Cyborg. It would be terrible for both characters. Robotman gets the shaft and Cyborg is once again saddled with the role of “tragic freak” (because that what the Doom Patrol are supposed to be) and moves farther away from ever being a fun wish fulfillment hero.

Extraordinary Member

I'm also kind of skeptical, crappy CGI might even be more problematic for Doom Parl as it is for Titans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m actually pretty worried about the Doom Patrol show after seeing the Titans trailer. It looked comedically bad. Plus the fact that Cyborg is going to be the person that brings the Doom Patrol together. A character who has had very little to do with the team throughout its history. Yes, Robotman was cast for the Titans episode but there has been no confirmation that he will be in the actual Doom Patrol show. I really hope they don’t replace Cliff with Cyborg. It would be terrible for both characters. Robotman gets the shaft and Cyborg is once again saddled with the role of “tragic freak” (because that what the Doom Patrol are supposed to be) and moves farther away from ever being a fun wish fulfillment hero.
    Thanks for the updates. Yes cutting out Robotman for Cyborg would be a major mistake and I'm a fan of both. Already I'm not too happy with the inclusion of Morrison's Crazy Jane but I don't want to pre judge having never read that arc. If it sold like hotcakes and would help the show so be it. I think the mania at DC to push a connected Media DCU is overriding every thing else. Remember trailers are often taken from rough cuts and may not reflect what the final product will look like. I hope no one at DC is going to make another mistake like Inhumans.
    Last edited by alton; 08-06-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i dont understand why cyborg is in this show at all, he has no connection what so ever to the doom patrol or the titans(now). he is exclusively a justice league character, now and forever.

Cyborg's part of Teen Titans, JLA and Doom Patrol now - he's DC's Wolverine I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    i dont understand why cyborg is in this show at all, he has no connection what so ever to the doom patrol or the titans(now). he is exclusively a justice league character, now and forever.
    I think they’re going to use him as an example of someone who experienced a horrible accident and became a “freak” but used their tragedy and new powers to help others. Which is just horrible all around. They’re basically giving up on ever making Cyborg a fun character. A man connected to a Mother Box and who therefore can potentially do anything is yet again saddled with the “tragic monster” role. DC/WB have been so damn short sighted with their handling of Cyborg. Also, if he replaces Robotman I’m not watching this show.

Incredible Member

So what's the deal with Cyborg here? Was he a Titan? Was he a JL founder? Was he a Titan that graduated to the JLA? Is he working solo?
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-06-2018 at 04:19 PM.